Latest Japanese Hardware Sales

Heres something interesting... the latest week of software sales in Japan saw a PSP title take the number one spot.

1. PSP - SD Gundam G Generation Portable - Namco Bandai - 155,634 - NEW

2. NDS - New Super Mario Bros. - Nintendo - 98,038 (2,614,228) - 11th week

3. PS2 - Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE - Sega Sammy - 82,556 - NEW

4. NDS - Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi Gohiikini - Namco Bandai - 75,853 (268,311) - 2nd week

5. NDS - Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - Nintendo - 48,564 (159,273) - 2nd week

6. NDS - Brain Age 2 - Nintendo - 48,206 (2,925,847) - 33rd week

7. NDS - Shaberu! DS Oryouri Nabi - Nintendo - 45,846 (233,703) - 3rd week

8. PS2 - Sengoku Basara 2 - Capcom - 40,094 (175,943) - 2nd week

9. GBA - Rythm Tengoku - Nintendo - 37,473 - NEW

10. PS2 - Growlanser V Generations - Atlus - 37,467 - NEW

it lost 1000 units and you say it's gaining ground? :wacko:

Well I meant overall.. It's just getting a bit more popular over there, that's all. I don't mean specificly week by week, if that's what you thought I meant.

X B O X 3 6 0

- Japanese retailer chain Tsutaya has lowered the price of Xbox 360 Premium Edition from 39,795 yen (US$341) to 29,800 yen (US$255), although it is not an official price reduction from Microsoft, but Tsutaya said the new price will stay for a period of time. It is uncertain whether other retailers will follow the new price.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Anyone think this'll effect sales?

If I get this in Japan, can I play a game I buy in the US (specifically startrek legends:) )?

I travel a lot, and go to the US, Japan, and HK. I want to get one at the cheapest place.

If I get this in Japan, can I play a game I buy in the US (specifically startrek legends:) )?

I travel a lot, and go to the US, Japan, and HK. I want to get one at the cheapest place.

Well it depends on whether Star Trek will be region free or not. If it's region locked then no, you won't be able to play it on a Japanese console if you bought the game in the US. I think you'll need to wait until it's released to know if it is or not though.

Well it depends on whether Star Trek will be region free or not. If it's region locked then no, you won't be able to play it on a Japanese console if you bought the game in the US. I think you'll need to wait until it's released to know if it is or not though.

Thanks.

I guess they region lock it to prevent people like me shopping around.

With Final Fantasy III being released next week DS sales will be even better :woot:

Yeah, I can't wait for it.

They are advatising the cr@p out of it on Japanese television, and it looks awesome.

But then again game ads (and movie trailers) always look good. :)

Wow. Didnt they say they wanted to hit 10 million or something before PS3 hit the market?...

I believe they said something along the lines of, "The first to 10 million wins the console war."

Remember, the system is still quite expensive for the general market. Once the price drops in the next year or two, it will become more mainstream.

I believe they said something along the lines of, "The first to 10 million wins the console war."

They said they would have a 10 million headstart. Shipped maybe, they can't sell that many before Wii and PS3 launch though. Dreamcast was the first to sell 10 million last gen, didn't help much.