31 days of the dragon - Entries

Much thanks, PengLord. I really appreciate it. Even though I'm a member for more than 4 years I still find the contest's terms extreme, really! I mean, this is even more extreme than Pirillo's contest, IMHO. I'm still wondering, has anyone participated to Pirillo's as of yet?

I don't think I'll be here tonight at the cut off time so I'll post mine now, it was done on Wednesday but I saved it up. Hopefully you can find this interesting and try to spot all the references!

Blue_Dragon.mp3

Hi,

This is the post which I would like to be added for the contest

The contest is really amazing. I would like to give some of my feedbacks on the improvement of the website.

The suggesstions are

1) More new hot topics of the real world development like the virtualization and clustering can be added in detail

2) We can go for analysis and testing of products and provide a valuable high end detailed review and analysis data

3) Test review and Comparison analysis of the new technologies can be done.

4) The software section is really useful.

Thanks to all who are still working hard and posting topics which are useful.

With Wishes

Saravananan A.

Saravanan.mp3

Hello,

I spotted this thread after reading the website linked off NewsNow. I hope it's OK if I throw my hat in the ring (or whatever they say).

However, It took me ages to type up the script, before had to download every spyware-riddled amr converter known to the internet, before being able to convert it on SUPER - which i already had on my computer anyway - so please don't say I haven't put the effort in.

I may very well visit the forum again, even without a 4Gb laptop as bait. :p

Thankyou.

Dragon_Comp_Entry.MP3

I'm a newbie here but I'm loving the site and forum, here's my entry, a little home studio rock number. Recorded with the free kristal audio software and a kid's drumset ;). I took it in a little weird Fugazi meets Spinal Tap direction... I think...

Devon

Dscunkin___Dragon_in_Drag.mp3

dragon.mp3 Hi there boys and girls, i didn't have a microphone so i hope that it's ok to use TTS (Text To Speech), i spent day on finding a good tts, i think that this is ok one, NO, it isn't Microsoft Sam. :laugh: :p

I'm a newbie here but I'm loving the site and forum, here's my entry, a little home studio rock number. Recorded with the free kristal audio software and a kid's drumset ;). I took it in a little weird Fugazi meets Spinal Tap direction... I think...

Devon

Lolz! Rock on! :D

Devon

now thats competition lol

anyways, here is my entry finally, been so busy lately.

I hope you like it, I had fun making it and it may be a little hard to hear all the words, but I sang it and sped it up to 2x speed :p

I don't know if anyone has heard the song Puff The Magic Dragon, but I used that melody and changed the lyrics :D

Lyrics:

If I had a dragon, I'd be happy,

I'd mount a saddle on his back and call him Spike Lee!

If you get in our way or just touch our stuff,

He could turn you into a blackened crisp and other fancy stuff!

Together we could conquer the world and never go to jail.

I could keep a lookout perched on Spkie's gigantic tail!

Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er we came,

Presidents would wet themselves when Spike roared out his name!

A dragon lives forever but computers not so much.

I'll put a dragon pc on his back with a sticker that says don't touch!

Once I got my pc I played with Spike no more,

And Spike that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,

Spike no longer went to slay in Italy and Spain!

Without his life-long friend, Spike could not be brave,

So Spike that mighty dragon slipped back into his cave!

ContestEntry.mp3

Edited by utdarkviper

Well, I decided to not talk about a dragon, but rather what I'd do with a Dragon notebook, which is play lots and lots of Team Fortress 2 on it! I enjoyed making this, so even if it doesn't qualify, I still love it, but if it does qualify, wohoo! :D

TF2_mixdown.mp3

It wasn't letting me edit my posts, so I'm marking this down here. I would prefer the *second* of my two posts. the song, andnot the other one considered my entry.

Thanks!

Jer

Hey All!

Here's my entry for this competition! Had to post it in late cos it took me some time to polish the sound a bit! Hope it sounds good! I modeled it to sound like when the hero hits that winning goal in one of those sports related movie......makes u "feel good"!! :D

LoL enough of my BS, listen to it and lemme know!

It is titled "My Adventures with Smokey!"

P.S - If you think it would sound better without the Background music, lemme know so I can upload that one. I just didn't want it to be monologue'y!!

Cheers!

[Encoded in MP3Pro......headphones preferred!! :D]

If I Had A Pet Dragon

If I was to come upon a tame dragon and chose it as a pet ...

I would find a really nice treee. I would tie said dragon to said tree and smile at it a bit.

Then I would find some 2 old leaves of the tree and feed them to the dragon once it was happy too. It would need to be happy otherwise I might loose a fair deal of hair and skin.

Having fead TWO leaves to said Pet Dragon

One would RUN LIKE THE WIND IN CASE OF INDIGESTION.

and then wait for something around a few years and see if it was ok. Throwing food at it once in a while of course.

If I Had A Pet Dragon

Sorry it wasn't recorded teehee :) Will listen to yours sometime hopefully mwahhahahahaaaaa.

PS lappy gimme gimme lol shiny smelly stuff good!

I am laughing my head off over the notebooks.com contest. The winner Daniel has been chosen, he contributed 33 post to the contest with 4 persons vouching for him to win. So many persons over contributed with up to 400 post, 20 vouches from family and friends they won nothing. :laugh:

Now they are all complaining Daniel does not deserve it. Its interesting how a persons attitude changes when things don't work out in their favor.

The competition is now open!

The first thing I thought of was Puff the Magic Dragon. Most of the folks who were around for that whiny little gem now pretend that they never puffed, or if they did, they didn't inhale. Trust me, guys, your mom and dad - or grandma and grandpa - burned enough rope to reach Colombia and back. They already had their dragon and they traded it in for an Escalade.

So then I thought of the Dragonriders of Pern. It had its moments, but all-in-all I want a dragon, not a horse with wings. If I wanted a horse with wings I'd get a Unicorn - or is that a Pegasus? Well, it would have to be the one that doesn't need for me to be pure of heart.

How about the dragon in The Hobbit? Smog was it? No, Smaug! Jewel-encrusted underbelly and all. If I had that sucker and his treasure I could buy a laptop the size of New Jersey. Too late, that little bugger Frottage or Frodo or whatever his name was killed Smaug, took the loot, and wasted it all on half-pints. And beer. Not a bad deal, actually.

I briefly considered that Robo-dragon in Dr. No, but even as a kid it didn't frighten me. I need something really scary.

And then I thought of it! Here's my dragon and what I would do with it. Kneel before me!

-- The Lesliator

The_Lesliator.mp3

Someone's getting their first laptop.

Attached File(s)

Attached File Buying_A_Dragon_At_Bestbuy2.mp3 ( 953.78K ) Number of downloads: 2

LMAO! That was the funniest entry ever! Fire go fff fff... lol!

Ah!! Finally My Entry

Hail Fender The Dragon

Welcome to Neowin,

I don't It

but My name is Sycamore

Most members here desire to use

you for their personal gain, personal use

Fly me here, Take me there...

Scare that guy, Scare that Gurl....

Torch that thing, Oh! another.

But I Subject myself to thy Will

Bid me to Live, and I will Live,

Your Servant to be

Bid me Despair, and I Will Despair

Under that Cypress Tree

You are my life, My All

you have control over every part

To live, and To die Only for Thee

For If I fail,

Smite Me,

Bite Me

But don't ........burn my Ass.

Tibbit Info

Voice: ME

Background Instrumental: 1989_kevin bassinson - Cyborg soundtrack - track 1: Knife to me you

software Used: AIMP

Fender___The_Dragon.mp3

The big LOVE for my Dragon!

My dragon should be named "Dragon".

I have attached here a dragon-inspired acappella song on what would I've done if I have a dragon.

And what I did is I make the dragon my bestfriend with my everlasting love.

Thanks also to me and he is loved by everybody...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend Dragon

by evansmaster

Dragon is my friend

He?ll be with me till the end

I don?t have to make amends

Like that river down the bends

Chorus:

He won?t let me down

Just chase me around

He won't get on my nerves

If it gets any worse

He was once so strange

Everybody is derange

Everytime he try to speak

They don?t get it for a week

But now he is loved...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel the melody and understand the lyrics of the song. You'll find it inspiring.

Lets make love! Love the dragon with all your heart and it will love you. Never use it for useless and bad things.

And in the end, LOVEc--> will win over Darkness...

Thanks!

dragon_is_my_friend.mp3