31 days of the dragon - Entries

As far as I know.. 70% - 90% of people who are entering the HP Dragon giveaway doesn't like this kind of competition....

Neither in Notebook.com lol.... They were too hard to finish..

They don't like the competition because they have to actually think and plan something? I won't apologise for making a competition where we're giving away $5000-worth of prizes something that requires some effort! :)

The staff team as a whole will judge, but it's going to be me who'll edit together a summary of the best submissions in a narrated 'montage'. THAT is going to be one long night!!

Of course you get to hear my shexy voice which is a plus.

Haha, Good luck with that then. :p

So the staff team... Will they be kept anonymous? cause you know, there could be a lot of brown nosing if you know what I mean.... :p

Also, I find it a little bit weird that people are writing down that they're poor or graphics designer (etc, etc..) and that they would love to have this laptop along with their submitted mp3's (and yes, these are like the one posters). Anywho, I don't think that would influence the judges much... or would it? :p

Neztea

Some sites participating in the 31 Days of the Dragon competition are effectively asking for 'who is the most worthy' to receive the prize, with participants posting stories related to their hardships etc. This is one approach, but not one I have chosen to take here. So no, the judging of the competition won't take into consideration personal circumstances - it's judged solely on the audio recording :)

Fair play indeed, since a lot of people were whining about how ****ty their computers are, and guess what? They even take it down personal and start making you stories about their lives and childhoods! I just don't like this kind of attempts, it only embarrasses the contestant and turns the judges off, IMHO.

Lynxx Lancer, this competition is awesome, I like it entirely and think it's actually one of the most fun of all the 31. Although I haven't entered the remaining contests, but what the hell! :p

You could win if this contest is based on how well you deserve a dragon.

Were people laughing when you recorded your entry? I know I'd do it myself and laugh about it too! lol

Haha

Sucks I haven't got a mic.. Or a decent imagination :p

Curse this competition for not being a written one.

Good luck everyone who entered!

(It annoys me how people make an account to enter, meh)

You could win if this contest is based on how well you deserve a dragon.

Were people laughing when you recorded your entry? I know I'd do it myself and laugh about it too! lol

Lol, I'm on a public place when I recorded my entry....

I honestly wish I were eligible to enter this competition. Though fluent in (written) English, I can not see how a recording with a thick Dutch accent could possibly win this. Quality comes first. Unless I get hit with an idea on how to get by that within the next few days I think I'm going to have to face the fact that this is a contest I can't participate in.

I would like to wish everyone good luck though! Remember that there is a winner amongst you. :D

Fair play indeed, since a lot of people were whining about how ****ty their computers are, and guess what? They even take it down personal and start making you stories about their lives and childhoods! I just don't like this kind of attempts, it only embarrasses the contestant and turns the judges off, IMHO.

Lynxx Lancer, this competition is awesome, I like it entirely and think it's actually one of the most fun of all the 31. Although I haven't entered the remaining contests, but what the hell! :p

I hope I don't fall into that category, this is what I said in mine:

If I had a Dragon, I would use it as a blow torch to destroy my existing junk of a PC to make space for the HP HDX Dragon. Then I would put the dragon in a cage and let it watch me use the HP HDX Dragon with pure envy. Yeah, I'm that evil.

I said destroy junk of a PC because, because in comparison to the HP HDX Dragon it would be junk, still love it though and I am using it right now to type this post. But I wanted to add some humor to the entry so thats why I said what I said. Doesn't necessarily mean there is a circumstance behind it.

I honestly wish I were eligible to enter this competition. Though fluent in (written) English, I can not see how a recording with a thick Dutch accent could possibly win this. Quality comes first. Unless I get hit with an idea on how to get by that within the next few days I think I'm going to have to face the fact that this is a contest I can't participate in.

I would like to wish everyone good luck though! Remember that there is a winner amongst you. :D

go to download.com and type in text to mp3

when they come up go to free for type

it should give you a list of prog to download to do that.

it will convert for you so accent won't be a problem!

Good luck to all!

If I had a Dragon, I would use it as a blow torch to destroy my existing junk of a PC to make space for the HP HDX Dragon. Then I would put the dragon in a cage and let it watch me use the HP HDX Dragon with pure envy. Yeah, I'm that evil.

Alright, that doesn't sound good! I hope a dragon falls on you! Yeah, I'm that evil.

Edited by ksaad

- Persons are sending entries like they already own a dragon, the rule said 'if'.

Because nobody really owns a dragon (fairly sure!), submissions using the present tense are still adhering to the 'what if' rule.

Rob, could you please clarify this?

What about Damien the Dutch Dragon? :)

Because nobody really owns a dragon (fairly sure!), submissions using the present tense are still adhering to the 'what if' rule.

Rob, could you please clarify this?

Post reported (Accusation of Ficticiousness Act 1979)

I own a dragon, don't be nasty. :cry:

:p

Man, Its going to suck for the judges to just sit around and listen to like literally "THOUSANDS" of submissions. Lets see, whats 1000 x 1minutes? Oh yeah! A THOUSAND minutes.... of individuals (mostly males) talking about a mythical ugly dragon and what they would do with it.

Thats like... almost 17hrs... Ouch!

Well, good luck to you guys, and keep those submissions coming, they're all great :p

Neztea

i kept mines short because... well, i don't know how to drag out what i said for a full minute

It's supposed to be if you get a real dragon. You should read the whole book and sell it as an audiobook though lol.

Oops! Anyone want to buy an audiobook? I'll have to revive the dragon that Beowulf slayed.

What about Damien the Dutch Dragon? :)

Post reported (Accusation of Ficticiousness Act 1979)

I own a dragon, don't be nasty. :cry:

:p

You sure do :p

Hi everyone :D Okay, so here's my entry! Some may recognize the spanish accent in bits - I've only been speaking English for 3 years so sorry to those who get annoyed! aha

Anyway, the name of the song is cyberdragon. My recorder could only record in .wav so I had to go through the process of recoding :| hence the clarity is not so good. I'll try and find something better later but I have exams nowadays so.. yeah..

Dont read the lyrics if you havent heard the song yet!

===========================

Here are the lyrics!

If I had a dragon its name would be, Neowin,

Ok so I may be sucking up a little bit but its true,

Neowin is too cool.

And what would I actually do with the dragon,

well to tell you the

truth

I would tell him to fly me to the neowin headquarters and,

very simply then,

tell him to flame everyone he sees,

so at the end,