31 days of the dragon - Entries

Hi there Guys Please help me win this

i have had such hard luck

i have never ever won amything before

i am really desperate.

Please cheer me up,Pleaseeeeeeeeeee :(

anky.mp3

Edited by amyth1884

If I submit more than one entry, is it OK if I change which one will count later (after I see which one people like better?)

Also, can I submit an entry from the point of view of someone else, someone (1) famous, (2) real and (3) living? I don't believe that the person in question would be offended by what I have in mind if he ever found out about it.

Here's my entry. I asked about another idea, from the point of view of a famous person, but this isn't it. In case some of the words are unclear, since I rushed slightly to get it under a minute, here's the text:

A dragon, yes, here in Manhattan. We need a huge place, with rooftop access. What, he can only fly where planes or helicopters are allowed, and they're not allowed to land on buildings? Anyway, we also need someplace completely fireproof, so it probably has to be designed and built new, and will cost a small dragon's hoard. Fortunately, he's had centuries to build up a LARGE treasure hoard. Real estate here is still a good investment, with prices still rising. Besides, if he had come here 400 years ago, he could have easily outbid the $24 the Dutch paid for Manhattan. Much better than putting everything into precious metals and gemstones and using them AS a mattress. Think of all the treasure he could buy in another 400 years.

Paying for all his food won't be a problem either, but the animal rights groups are going to protest the way he likes to swoop down on cattle and terrify them before he eats them whole.

Of course dragons are an endangered species, and cities aren't their natural habitat, but it's not like I even have the ability to keep him captive. I help out with things he has trouble with, like investments, and technology made by and for humans.

Dragon_in_NYC.mp3

Here is my entry for the giveaway

A quick ditty I made up

Ohhhhhhhhh, If I had a dragon,Oh this is what I'd do.

I fly back and forth to work, gas companies I would screw.

I'd take some long distance trips, doing loop de loos and crazy flips,

Oh if I had a dragon, that is what I'd do.

Ohhhhhhhhh, If I had a dragon,Oh this is what I'd do.

I'd make my way to far away, and you can quote me on this too,

"I'd catch me some terrorists, and promptly burn them to a crisp,"

Oh if I had a dragon, that is what I'd do.

:D

If_I_had_a_Dragon.mp3

Enter the dragon.

What I would do with a real dragon, start a tourist attraction off course.

I don't have a mic. I used microsoft sam :) for my radio commercial.

ffenliv's entry: critiques for improvement appreciated!

If I had a dragon ...

I can see where it may work to protect or help me, but also where it may just ignore me as the insignificant little morsel of easily-eaten (and probably tasty) flesh that I am.

I imagine it would feel more like the dragon had me. I can?t really picture a dragon obeying my every command

I think I would try to make it work out best for me. It?s a free rides to campus in the morning; an easy way to cut through long lines and a useful way to get home with the groceries ? but I also think it would tend to just do its own thing a lot of the time. No matter how many times I told it: ?No! Don?t burn down that building!? or ?Come on, leave that poor farmer just a few of his animals; those things are expensive!? or ?Hey! That?s my car you?re sleeping on!? it would still just fly off and do whatever it pleased.

This fierce independence would, I would think, in turn cause problems ... with the law. Of course, when they come for me, I have an armour-coated, fire-breathing, airborne assault on my side.

To summarize, If I had a dragon: saves time, ruins things, attracts law enforcement.

ffenliv_dragon.mp3

#2: This is a little ditty I wrote. If anyone wants to give me some feedback on which is better - the story or the song I would be most appreciative! [apologies for the audio quality - crappy built in laptop mic - even audacity can't save this thing]

If I had a dragon I would never leave the house again,

He would frighten, scare and terrify the poor old local men

I would send him to the store and to the school to do my things,

My life would be complete for I?d be living like a King.

If I had a dragon I would rule the world,

My will for everything and everyone unfurled.

If I had a dragon he would run my life

He would be a good replacement for my wife.

If I had a dragon he would surely bring me tonnes of fame,

He would bring the masses to my door, won?dring at his flame.

The people would fall o?er themselves, try?n to see my toy,

This pet would bring me everything, fame and friends and and joy!

If I had a dragon I would rule the world,

My will for everything and everyone unfurled.

If I had a dragon he would do my stuff

He would fly about, making people gruff.

ffenliv_dragon_song.mp3

OMG, you should photoshop in him on a HP Dragon, that would be soo cool.

Maybe some fire breathing out of his mouth hahaha

haha, my photoshopping skills suck, im an audio guy...i'd hafta do it in paint lol

Please strike Post's Numbers 106 and 99 as I found after the fact My IDE tag needed edited because it reported the length incorrectly. The following attached file is my official entry and the one I would like to have judged for the contest.

Thanks,

Angel

DragonKeeper3.mp3

Interesting how many entries are from people who've never posted before, but I suppose it's fair game (there isn't a rule against it), and neowin gains some more members... (Hopefully they stay!)

Interesting how many entries are from people who've never posted before, but I suppose it's fair game (there isn't a rule against it), and neowin gains some more members... (Hopefully they stay!)

actually i never hear about this website and now is in my feeds reader ;)