31 days of the dragon - Entries

Hello, thought I'd have a go at this here doo-hickey.

Having been playing GTA a lot recently, I was inspired by some of the spoof cheesy ads you hear on the radio and TV. On top of this, the English weather hasn't made for the best BBQs this year so far as per usual, so I thought it would be funny to combine the two.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Chris

BBQ_Dragon_Advert.mp3

Four hours ago (the last time I consolidated all the entries and did some behind-the-scenes work) we had 69 entries.

Sorry everyone I have two posts but the audio clip is the same for both I was trying to edit my post to add the words so that you could tell what was being said, my mic is'nt all that great. Can someone delete the one without words so that I dont have a duplicate? Thanks, Lynda

Here is my entry. Sorry that it's done via "Alex" but I have a really sore throat :p

I hope that won't count against me...

I don't think anyone would beat SkyyPunk's if it was an entry though :)

My_Dragon.mp3

Nogard Nogard Nogard

And, if I had a dragon

His name would be

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Dragon spelled backwards

He?d sing and dance

And work at my big back yard

Nogard Nogard Nogard

I don?t no pesticides

Nogard?s got an eye

He will set me up

Nogard Nogard Nogard

He would be my Hitch

Hollywood will want him

To cut back CG costs

Nogard Nogard Nogard

He?d be the next Ironman!

But he won?t take that offer

As he has some things

Things to do with me

And things do to for me

I?m a good man

And Nogard?s good D

Nogard Nogard Nogard

I will seek you help

People are dying

In China?s Sichuan province

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Please lift those craters

People need help

Cuz of Chinese earthquakes

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Please give them water

Olympics coming up

It?s a disaster here!

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Let?s fix these things!

We?d win all pet contests

We?d donate all money

Nogard Nogard Nogard

We just need some action!

We?d fly up in the sky

With a banner saying ?HELP!?

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Let?s use those wings!

We?d glide during the nights

Over people shivering

Nogard Nogard Nogard

No fire but steam!

And then we?d come back home

Wishing we could do some more

Nogard Nogard Nogard

We will rest for now.

Nogard Nogard Nogard

Need a hero like you.

Nogard Nogard Nogard

I wish you were real

Oh man, I hate rap, but I just had to try this for fun! XD Lyrics and the stupid beat is all original.

HDX Dragon would be cool, but someone please tell me if the "Nogard Nogard Nogard" annoys you even a bit by stickin:)in you head for a day or two! :)

Ugh.. my mouth and voice is dead from nonstop rapping the last hour!

Nogard_Nogard_Nogard___Omnibus.mp3

Okay, so first I want to say sorry for the bad quality. My on board sound decided that recording sound was too much for it, and then my PC didn't want to recognize my other recorder, so I had to record on my phone then transfer it over through that, heh.

If it's hard to understand what I'm saying, basically rub in friends' faces >> friendship >> end. Oh, and I say "fricken" not something else. Just for clarification.

Enjoy ;)

dragon_mreggsalad.mp3

Hi all,

Been a while. Here is my official entry. I was going to do three skits--I wrote them all out--but between numerous delays such as bad weather, family reunions, and total brain freeze, it took me awhile. So I only did two. If only I had another two hours. Sigh.

Anyway, enjoy the following skits. I know the first one is kind of hyper active, but it was the only way I could get it down to the required time limit. By the way the background sound is rain. Nothing I could do about it

Tim

P.S. Any comments would be appreciated, though I think I can predict the first: "I can't understand it." Also, bonus points* for anyone who gets who Sony Bifton is a spoof on.

*Bonus points are not redeemable for anything whatsoever.

SonyBiftonInterview6_Shortened_6.mp3

Edited by timmygyu

like this competition. nice to see some creativity among us geeky folk ;)

well, this is my entry. however - because my girlfriend always says that cats sing better than I do - try to imagine that the melody is "If I had a hammer" ... ;)

recording98.mp3

Ok, here its mine. Unfortunately in order to fit in the time, I had to "a bit" precipitate my voice...

I hope that because of that, and the integrity will be understood by my horrible accent. Below authentic text.

It was shaping up to be quite a party. In the last weekend we were sitting around with some friends at the lake and barbecuing away.

A moment later a huge, ominous shadow fell across the sky. Before we ever got a chance to see him, the fire from his mouth had already consumed half of the forest !!!

Only Ksenia was the only one to keep calm.

"damn it! I've only just started my sausage! No overgrown lizard is going to spoil MY lunch!"

With that, she went to fetch her handbag. Rummaging through its contents for a while (it's a woman's handbag, need I say more?), she finally produced her portable dragon neutralizer.

You never know when you might need one. she explained calmly, seeing our astonished faces.

She aimed with care and fired confidently. But... Relax! Ksenia, the good girl that she is, had set her weapon to stun. She didn't kill the dragon, which instead became meek as a lamb.

We spent the rest of the weekend flying around Poland on our very own dragon, courtesy of our free Dragon Fly airlines.

dragon_fly_airlines.mp3

what time does the contest end?

Entries will open on Tuesday May 20 2008 at 00:00 GMT and close on Tuesday May 27 2008 at 00:00 GMT

OK, so just so that the judges won't be confused or anything. My submission is Post #74 (my first one). I was reading the guidelines and we should indicate which one we should have by post numbers. So mine is #74 and that is the one i want to submit..

Times almost up, Get those entries in guys! :)

Neztea

I had to edit my last entry. I contained a word which didn't match the context it was being used..

I would like to submit post 320

so I now present

Burning Ring of Fire 1.02

Change log

Replaced the word Bestow with Lay

Moved the cheering until after they he yells "release the dragon"

Removed the phrase "Come on sparky lets saddle up"

Removed the phrase "Men Get ready" and replaced with "Get Ready and mount the beast"

burningringoffire2.mp3

Edited by warwagon

Numerous submissions, change log... do you really...

well I would have just edited my last post, put I was no longer able to.

Oh well, its ok. I have no shame. :laugh: