Star Trek Into Darkness

still don't like the sets of the enterprise, not very trek. especially engineering, even enterprise had better designed sets.

abrams ones look too factoryish. the only things treklike are the uniforms.

will watch the new movie, but I hope they do something about the sets if they make a 3rd, it's like none of them watched any of the series.

I think the only stuff we've sorta seen so far from the trailer is the bridge a bit and the brig. I don't remember seeing engineering anywhere yet.

ugh.... JJ

Why is he a great director? Everything he does is so so, or dives off a cliff in the final episodes.

Few pictures of old Star Trek http://en.memory-alp...iki/Engineering

That link itself says and even shows that they had detailed engineering concepts planned but, as I remembered and as said on the site they didn't make them because of budget constraints. I could be wrong but I bet the new movie has a higher budget but even if it's the same amount as the first that still means they have the sets they already made from before. Now they can make more sets that didn't make the cut the first time.

The Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness comic just came out. There are a few interesting items in issue #1, one of which is that -

....they discover a Starfleet officer giving the natives of a stone-age world modern equipment & weaponry, a clear violation of the Prime Directive.

Who?

The first Captain of the Enterprise NCC-1701, Capt. Robert April (Capt. Christopher Pike's immediate predecessor) and no, he doesn't look like Cumberbatch.

jj-abrams-goal-of-this-movie-is-to-make-you-cry.jpg

J.J. Abrams: ?The Goal Of This Movie Is To Make You Cry? + Pine, Quinto & Cumberbatch Talk INTO DARKNESS

Director J.J. Abrams, along with actors Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch, recently joined MTV News to preview Star Trek Into Darkness.

While so much of what the film is about will be unknown until it debuts, the interviews foreshadow some of the struggle, adversity and emotion we may all in-store for on-screen later this year.

?The goal of this movie is to make you cry. If the movie does its job, then by the end of the movie, you will have had a reaction involving the eyes,? Abrams told MTV News. ?If the movie works, then there?s definitely an emotional component.?

Zachary Quinto, who return to the role of Spock, hinted that some fans? favorite characters may meet their demise in the film.

?There?s reason to worry? Quinto said.

?There is an insidiousness and ruthlessness and fierce intelligence to [Harrison] that almost undermines the interconnectivity of the crew,? he added.

?The definition of who these two people are definitely comes to bear in this film. It?s central to what happens in the story,? said Chris Pine. ?Spock is a logical man of cold reason who is run by laws, regulations and prescriptions. Kirk is a guttural, by-the-heart, instinctive and impulsive guy. Those two ways of looking at the world are central to these characters and their journey.?

?The definition of who these two people are definitely comes to bear in this film. It?s central to what happens in the story,? Pine added.

Source: http://www.treknews.net/2013/01/22/jj-abrams-goal-of-this-movie-is-to-make-you-cry-star-trek-into-darkness/

You know, the more I look at the latest Star Trek trailer, the more I keep asking myself: "How is Spock and the Villain related?"

That last scene in the trailer where they both put the hands on the glass is making me wonder.

I get a feeling Pike is going to die on this one. That is why Abrahams says it will make us cry. It would be stupid of them to kill one of the main characters, especially Spock, since he has died already.

There's no way they'll kill Spock again, been there, done that. Pike kicking the bucket I can see though. From what I can see in the trailer it sounds like Kirk, though gifted and so on is reckless from the bit we hear Pike tell him. I think they could use his death as a way to further develop and grow kirks character.

There's no way they'll kill Spock again, been there, done that.

Zachary Quinto has talked about wanting to leave the Spock role behind. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Zachary Quinto has talked about wanting to leave the Spock role behind. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Well if he is going to kill Spock again, it will have to be on the third and final film because they all, including Quinto, have a contract to do 3 films. Anything after the 3 is up to them.

Quinto better be careful what he wishes for and Abrahams better be careful how he handles that Spock situation because I don't think fans will be very happy about the idea of re-creating this all over again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcR-w-56tA

Quinto better be careful what he wishes for and Abrahams better be careful how he handles that Spock situation because I don't think fans will be very happy about the idea of re-creating this all over again:

I disagree to a point. One thing about the time travel is that there generally is a theme of the 'universe righting itself' so I could easily see certain thematic events occuring in the new timeline that could be reminiscent of the prime universe. On the flipside, it could be cliche if its too close and even more foolhardy to try and replicate one of the best (saddest) moments in all of Trek.

Nimoy is awesome, love that scene too, and Scotty of course (It could take weeks sir :))