Star Trek Into Darkness

After watching the latest trailer again I am really starting to believe that this has something to do with khan. Watch the trailer and begin to really look start at the 1:40 mark. You'll see that (I believe Spock and Kirk) are doing the Vulcan hand sign between glass. This is just like the scene in movie 2 between Spock and Kirk when Spock is dying from radiation after fixing the warp drive.

Here is the one from Fandango

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/startrekintodarkness-trailer/131560/2313383089

Yes but why on Pete's Earth would they want to repeat that Wrath of Khan scene again? It doesn't make sense.

Yes but why on Pete's Earth would they want to repeat that Wrath of Khan scene again? It doesn't make sense.

Because it was a heart wrenching scene. :( But they won't be able to pull the same again, even after all these years if you watch WoK it's still a pretty sad moment since I'm more attached to those characters, I hardly recognise the new Star Trek. :/

Wrath of Khan came out in 1982, it's been over 30 years. Realistically much of the audience won't even know.

Wrath of Khan came out in 1982, it's been over 30 years. Realistically much of the audience won't even know.

You are wrong. Trekkers don't forget just like Star Wars fans don't forget.

• Like 1

It could have nothing to do with anything and the scene could just be an homage and only older trek fans will pick up on it.

Oh man, looks so good I can't wait to see it. Someone make time go faster so it can be May already! I know this one will be more about the bad guy but it seems like it's going to be a good character builder for Kirk as a captain in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Was 'meh' about this film when I heard what it was going to be about but holy crap I'm really looking forward to it now after watching that trailer.

Even with the red square it still took me a few seconds to find it. :)

:shifty: very clever marketing there by JJ :p

Am I the only one who can't make out what that says?

no nor me but luckily there are people who will find this stuff :rofl:

bit ly? seriously? just use magnifier !

But in all seriousness, you think I was looking at those letters?

Who is she?!

Alice Eve (she's done full topless before...just letting everyone know :p )

Hrmm you guys all seemed pretty pumped up but im still meh, seems like this one has a lot of land or earth based story to it, I like my startrek out and about in space, not the great chase for one man like a bond film =\