Warehouse 13

pretty good show, have caught all 4 episodes and i must say is pretty entertaining. Hopefully the stories get a little bit more suspense in them. The humor is pretty good as well, i hardly watch tv, but this is one of shows on my radar out of the few out there.

Only 3 episodes have aired so far.....4th one airs on the 28th. Beyond that it too is one of the few shows I watch on TV (the only other two being Eureka...but Eureka is one of those shows I can live without, its interesting but meh.....and Burn Notice). Hopefully it keeps being as interesting as it has been so far.

I think he means, the first episode was practically 2 episodes. So the last one was episode 4 to him. The long episode 1 actually only counts as one. Not a big fault.

Warehouse 13, Syfy's new show about the building that houses every mystical object of power in the world, only just introduced its main characters ? but soon we'll be meeting another new character, an 18-year-old girl with super-hacker skills. Spoilers...

Warehouse 13 is only three episodes in, and already the show has us hooked. Adding even more geek cred to the cast is 18-year-old Allison Scagliotti, who plays a teenage hacker who becomes Artie's sidekick, after hacking her way into the most secure system in North America. "I replaced the ferret" cracks Scagliotti, who joins the cast next week. Judging from the glimpses we saw, the two actors have a great energy together, and she becomes the Punky Brewster to his curmudgeonly librarian. Allison says:

Artie has his way of doing things, and I have my way of doing things. I'm sort of the punk to his steam.

Saul Rubinek (Artie) claims to have been a steampunk virgin before getting into the show:

I knew it had something to do with clothing. But have you see Artie's office? It's like it was designed by Jules Verne or something. It's really cool.

Allison's joining up was apparently the defining moment of the season for him.

Artie is alone, he's sort of the monk in the warehouse, and he has a lot of exposition to deliver, and he needs someone to bounce off of. And a lucky thing happened...Claudia came along.

In addition, Artie will also be getting a nemesis, his very own Moriarty, sometime this season. He also tells us we'll being meeting the secret society that are the supreme authority over te warehouse, and there is a big secret uncovered about his character.

Spoiler Alert! Artie Nielsen is NOT Artie Nielsen. Thats all I can say.

Executive producers Jack Kenny and David Simkins told us where they get their inspiration. "I thank god everyday for Wikipedia." Says Kenny. Simkins told us that the true inspiration was the characters, and their relationship.

We approached these characters from a very personal perspective. We look at what those characters are going through, and try to figure out what kind of artifacts will impact these characters and help them though it. Most important was that we created real, three dimensional characters... with baggage.

It was evident to us on the panel (and even more so in the press room) that Joanne Kelly, who plays Myka Bering, and Eddie McClintock, who plays Pete Lattimer, have some serious chemistry. The two shared the story of their meeting during auditions, when a frazzled McClintock, who was sure he'd lost the part, was soothed by a very sweet Kelly. "I talked him off the ledge." By the time the duo showed up for a reading together, they had naturally fallen into the back-and-fourth banter that makes them so watchable on Warehouse 13.

We geeked with the cast on how much they were loving Comic-Con. McClintock, particularly, admits to being a bit of a comic geek. "I still have my original comic collection" he tells us, "my favorite character is hands-down Herb Trimpe's Hulk." McClintock isn't the only geek on the cast; Scagliotti admits she just recently finished reading Watchmen. "It was awesome, I loved it. It really got me into this whole new world." We're looking forward to seeing Allison as the steampunk hackette really soon. Scagliotti even tells us that Claudia will be making a few gadgets of her own in future episodes, but refuses to tell us what, so we'll just have to wait and see.

For most, being assigned to the warehouse would seem like an ordinary, boring yet bad career move. But for Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering, it's anything but ordinary, boring or bad. "Warehouse 13" (the show premiered on July 7th) is the first show to launch on newly renamed Syfy (formerly Sci Fi Channel) and stars Eddie McClintock ("Bones") and Joanne Kelly ("Vanished") as two Secret Service agents who, after saving the life of the president, are abruptly reassigned to Warehouse 13, a massive facility that houses every bizarre artifact, mystic relic and supernatural object collected by the U.S. government. It's sort of a cross between Area 51 and the warehouse seen at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" (seen as well in the recent "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"). Pete and Myka are tasked with hunting down these mysterious relics by the warehouse's curator, Artie Nelson (Saul Rubinek). Series stars McClintock and Kelly held a conference call with journalists, during which they talked about the new series and what fans can expect from the wild ride:

On what they think of their characters, Secret Service agents Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering

Eddie McClintock: The Pete character kind of encompassed all the things in one character that I'd always wanted to play. I've been able to play pieces of this character at different times. But, you know, Pete, to me, he kind of gets to do everything. He gets to be smart and funny and he gets to be heroic and, you know, to me that's the dream job. So I love the character.

Joanne Kelly: Yeah, me as well. You know, there's not a lot of women characters that are written as dynamically as Myka is. And I was so excited that she was so smart and has a history and a past and is vulnerable at times, and strong at others, and funny and dramatic and sad. I mean, it really is such a round role and I was so drawn to it when I read the script right off the bat, so I'm quite pleased -- quite pleased with myself at this point.

On whether the comparisons of Pete and Myka with Mulder and Scully are fair

EM: You know, I've kind of been describing our relationship as I'm kind of the younger brother who's constantly pulling at her pigtails and she's in turn always punching me in the arm, you know. And it's actually kind of how it goes minus the pigtails. I mean, if they did a gag reel of how many times, you know, Myka/Joanne punches Pete/Eddie in the stomach or in the arm or, you know, it's kind of -- I look at it right now in it's kind of a brother/sister relationship.

On whether they were freaked out by any of the spooky stuff going on at the Warehouse

JK: I think Eddie was pretty freaked out about the ferret that was trying to climb all over his face on the pilot. Yeah, there's some really -- like walking through our set sometimes is like being a big kid because the stuff in there is so cool. Like there's some really cool, cool, cool stuff in our warehouse and I can't wait until people see the show and see the stuff outside of the pilot because it's really neat.

EM: Pete is in his own environment there. I mean, that's -- he's in hog heaven. And, you know, he's basically a giant kid and now he gets to play with adult toys, you know, that are just, you know, basically what he's wanted to do his whole life so he's right at home there.

On what it's like to work with veteran character actor Saul Rubinek

EM: Not to sound too trite but it's like a dream come true for me. You know, "True Romance" is one of my all time favorite movies and Saul played this character Lee Donowitz and, you know, for years I have been quoting this man who I've never met. And so, the day of the test, you know, I actually -- I had been cast and Saul had not been cast yet, and he came in, and I just was like, "Oh, I'm sitting here next to Lee Donowitz, this man that I've been idolizing." You know, plus "Unforgiven" and on and on, all these amazing movies that he's done. He's had such a great career. So the fact that I was going to be possibly helping him to get his job was a mind blower for me.

JK: Well Saul is Canadian like me, which is kind of really exciting. The thing about Saul that I find really invigorating and amazing is that he's old school. Like Saul will be there for off camera lines and we'll talk about the script. And he brings a gravitas to set ... We're really, really lucky to have him.

On whether Eddie and Joanne would be good Secret Service agents in real life

EM: I mean, if it meant diving in front of things, if that was my job, then I think I'd be all right.

JK: Yeah I think you'd be great.

EM: As long as it didn't include, you know, mathematics.

JK: I love math, I'll take the math. I -- yeah, being a Secret Service agent would be cool, man. You could wear those headsets and run around with guns all the time. I mean, what's not fun about that, right? Diving in front of the bullets maybe not so much but ...

EM: That's why Joanne and I are so, like, suited for our characters, because it's true. She is the mathematician and I'm the bullet-diver.

On favorite episodes or moments in the first season

EM: [upcoming episode] "Breakdown," where we end up kind of trapped in the warehouse. That was a favorite for me because it was so much fun and we just had such a great time. And it was -- there was a lot of physical stuff for me to do, which is just stuff that I love to do. I love physical comedy. I love being able to do it, and, hopefully, I do it well. But I know that I have a great deal of fun doing it.

JK: For me, I would have to say that my favorite artifact so far has been Lewis Carroll's mirror, probably because it was the biggest acting challenge and it was a lot of fun. I got to kick up my heels a little bit. So that's probably been my favorite along with the fact that I'm such a Lewis Carroll fan and have been for years and years. "Alice Through the Looking Glass" [sic] and "Alice in Wonderland" [sic] are two of my favorite books, so that was really kind of special. That was my own special episode so far.

On whether the two actors are sci-fi nerds or into the genre in general

JK: Well "Battlestar Galactica" is an amazing show and I've seen some of that. I can't wait to buy the DVDs and watch all of it in one sitting, which I think is the way to watch most of them. But, for me, a well-written character is a well-written character. It doesn't matter what genre it's in. And this is one of the most dynamic characters that I have had the pleasure of playing. So I was quite excited when I got the script because it's a strong female and that's -- it doesn't happen a lot and it's really interesting when it does. So, for me, it was purely from actor's greed, you know? Of course the fiction fantasy genre, I was more into books growing up, not so much TV. We didn't have TV where I grew up so I, you know, I was a Tolkien fanatic and I love a lot of sci-fi genre books and stuff like that. So I was excited about the imagination that the show -- the sense of imagination and wonder that the pilot had as well when I read that script. That's what attracted me to it.

EM: You know, for me the original "Day the Earth Stood Still," "Them," "Day of the Triffids," "The Blob," "King Kong," "King Kong Vs. Godzilla" -- all those great "B" sci-fi -- and then, you know, moving into "Alien" and "John Carpenter's The Thing." I mean, they're all on the list of favorites. For me, you know, growing up staying up late on a Friday night and watching horror/sci-fi was just -- it's what I lived for. So getting to do a show like this for me is, you know, it's what I've prepared for my whole life, I guess. I guess that's the answer to the question, I kind of lost focus a little bit.

"Warehouse 13" airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Syfy

[msn]

12NUP_134149_0276.jpg

Warehouse 13 is gaining a hip new cast member in tonight's episode "Claudia," which airs at 9:00pm est on SyFy ? immediately following a replay of last week's episode "Magnetism." The Claudia of the title is Claudia Donovan, who may have something to do with the recent hacking of the Warehouse's various security firewalls ? but is she evil? Our for revenge? Both? Claudia is played by Allison Scagliotti, who previously played another smart chick as Mindy on Drake and Josh, but Claudia is a geek of an entirely different color.

Having fallen in love with Warehouse 13 already, I was a bit nervous about Scagliotti's introduction. Sure, it's natural to suspect they added the young and hip Claudia in an attempt to broaden the demographics of the show ? as those sketchy TV people often do. Regardless of the reasoning Claudia's introduction is smooth, very appropriate for the storyline, and introduces a chemistry to Warehouse 13 that ramps the appeal ten-fold.

I had the pleasure of speaking briefly with Allison about "Claudia," and beyond. Beware of light spoilThe chemistry between you and Saul?s Artie is great, one of the all time great pairings on TV. Did that chemistry come naturally for you?you?

We clicked. We totally clicked. I?ve been talking about that a lot, actually. The second I met Saul we just got on like old Jewish women, and in every scene we had this really fluid chemistry together. It was a joy and a delight to work with him, I learned so much from him and I think he learned how to deal with his teenage daughter from me. We are the ultimWhere would you say your character is on the Warehouse 13 playing board. Is she Saul?s assistant, will she be involved in the field with Pete and Myka?nd Myka?

A little bit of both, actually. Claudia is primarily the new techie/apprentice to Artie?s curator. She likes to impress Artie with her new take on his steam-punk devices, [which is] a very important skill-set ? very important to running interference during a mission. In some of the episodes towards the end of the season Claudia does get to go out and help Pete and Myka a lot, while Artie holds down the fort. It?s great, I?ve gotten to do so many cool things with my character ? I love it.

http://img3.raidpic.com/13NUP_1One of the show?s most creative aspects ? of course ? is the artifacts. Do you guys ever come up with artifact idea on set?th artifact idea on set?

Oh yeah, all the time. I mean, usually they are really inappropriate [laughs]. I thought of one the other day, what if Marilyn Monroe?s lipstick granted you the ability make men everywhere fall in love with you ? and it had to be in the warehouse because it would eventually make you end your life the way she did. The possibilities are kind of endless. Saul came up with Albert Einstein?s comb, or [Nazi PropogaYou?ve played a similar character to Claudia before, Mindy on Drake and Josh. Do you have to be overly conscious to differentiate Claudia as a different ?sort? of super-intelligent young woman?t? of super-intelligent young woman?

Oh, yeah. In my mind, Mindy and Claudia are totally different. Like if they met on the street they probably wouldn?t know what to do with one another. Mindy is a domesticated animal, where Claudia is feral. While they are both strong and smart and they go after what they want, Mindy was far more buttoned up and conservative where Claudia?s not afraid to dance in the aisles, get in trouble with the artifacts, and maybe talk back to Artie a couple of times. She?s definitely a punk, the style is completely different. Mindy was very preppy, a lot of American Eagle track suits going on for Mindy. With Claudia I had the pleasure of bringing some of my own style to her with Rock and Roll butAre you a fan of science fiction? tops.

Are you a fan of science fiction?

Sci-Fi was never really my niche, besides the standard devotion to Star Wars and idolizing Sigourney Weaver. When I watched this pilot before I auditioned I was hooked on it because while it is this fantasy show there is this balance of some comedy, and sexual tension between the leads, it?s just really fun to watch. There is something for everyone in Warehouse 13.

[source]

---

something cute about the new character, good episode!

This show has failed my 4 episode test. I won't be following it from now on, as its going the typical Sci fi route of sounding promising but being much too silly to make it.

This show has failed my 4 episode test. I won't be following it from now on, as its going the typical Sci fi route of sounding promising but being much too silly to make it.

:(

Ha, 4 episode test! I use a 3 episode test :laugh: This past it, new character is cutely evil :D Good episode.

2 episode test. Pilot sucked, 2nd show was even worse.... I am not wasting my time any more on this

Maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing..at least we would have tscc :p

I am still confused on that. It was canceled, then not, then canceled. Geez