Dark Matter

could have potential however, syfy has a really bad track record at this point.

Wow those are some absolutely horrible sets. and some absolutely terribly choreographed "fight" scenes... but that's pretty much as expected. 

hasn't really been anything cool from syfy since stargate atlantis was cancelled. I was on that every episode, lapping up the awesomeness....then it ended and what has come since? defiance? universe? not much....this looks low budget like farscape level.

could have potential however, syfy has a really bad track record at this point.

Still fond of Haven and Defiance at least.  Do they actually do anything else?  ;)

I don't see any issue with the sneak peak.  You can't have unchoreographed fight scenes... that makes them proper fights :p

The only bit that made me cringe was "The ship is it's own character in the show" that's been done to death now hasn't it?

Otherwise, still looking forward to some new Sci-Fi.. with Continuum finishing, and Defiance being a bit B-grade.

I don't see any issue with the sneak peak.  You can't have unchoreographed fight scenes... that makes them proper fights :p

The only bit that made me cringe was "The ship is it's own character in the show" that's been done to death now hasn't it?

Otherwise, still looking forward to some new Sci-Fi.. with Continuum finishing, and Defiance being a bit B-grade.

but you can have well choreographed fight scenes and show off scenes. you know stuff that looks better than Star Wars kid

farscape wasn't a very serious sci fi show was it? it had some really weird characters and some really stupid ones too. I never felt anything for the characters, also the main baddie was very camp. I hated it when sg1 added the two far scape actors they turned the show into a joke and it was never the same....

sg1 seasons 9+ went downhill...the ori weren't menacing at all, the goa'uld were badass.

p.s. i still watch sg1 & farscape every now an then, just to remember what they were like. They are far from unwatchable but not classic imo.

farscape wasn't a very serious sci fi show was it? it had some really weird characters and some really stupid ones too. I never felt anything for the characters, also the main baddie was very camp. I hated it when sg1 added the two far scape actors they turned the show into a joke and it was never the same....

sg1 seasons 9+ went downhill...the ori weren't menacing at all, the goa'uld were badass.

p.s. i still watch sg1 & farscape every now an then, just to remember what they were like. They are far from unwatchable but not classic imo.

It was as serious as SG1, or more I'd say... but then the first few seasons of SG1 consisted of stepping through a portal to appear at different locations that looked like different places in NA(and even then a very small region) with primitive tribe people... it wasn't exactly serious or budgeted...

12 Monkeys was fantastic and I liked Helix as well.

Farscape is one of my favorite sci-fi shows, right up there with Babylon 5.

The show description and sets scream of "It's SGU Season 3 but shhh don't tell anyone !"

Oh and bonus, Wil Wheaton stars in, gotta see that just for him xD

• 3 weeks later...

It was as serious as SG1, or more I'd say... but then the first few seasons of SG1 consisted of stepping through a portal to appear at different locations that looked like different places in NA(and even then a very small region) with primitive tribe people... it wasn't exactly serious or budgeted...

i like sg1 s1-5 the best as they were very well acted and featured a more dark and serious tone to the adventures and then it went downhill later on. ruthless enemy gets reduced to minor annoyance.

Well the first episode was awesome. A bit farscape, a bit Firefly, a bit Andromeda. I like the fact they are all bad-ass criminal murderers and pirates.

Why did they not show who Jodelle plays. Nice little mystery there.

Hope it doesn't get cancelled too soon.

"We have a five-year game-plan. We know where we're going, the character backstories, and how all of the mysteries are going to pay off. You're not going to have to wait to the end of the show to pay off all of the mysteries.

"The first season is about peeling the onion, and then it ends in the big revelation. There are plenty of mysteries moving forward, but we like to reward our audiences."

Nothing should ever be a bit andromeda...

hopefully I have enough other shows to catch up on untill season one of this is done and it's

A: judged good enough to watch (doesn't require much for me...)

B: renewed for s2 OR

C: properly ended without a cliffhanger and a conclusion to the arc.