Dark Matter

I agree with your comment about the Android Osiris.  It is one of my main issues with the show....but doesn't take away from it really.

Yeah I just see it as a bit of fun, that and the big gun that barely does any damage and only ever has like 2 shots before being out of ammo :p

NO SPOILERS DANG IT!

I stopped watching around episode 9. Life decided to kick into high gear. It's good to see another SyFy show get renewed. There isn't much in the way of a good series these days. I'm actually disappointed with how the tv-show industry is right now.

There isn't much in the way of a good series these days. I'm actually disappointed with how the tv-show industry is right now.

whatchoo on about? Unless you're specifically talking about the spacehip scifi niche, tv's never been better.

• 1 year later...

It is a shame that this got cancelled. The show had great atmo. Wish it could make it to Netflix or something. 

No idea how they kept Killjoys but decided to can Dark Matter .. a travesty.

Yea, this is a dang shame.  Personally, I enjoyed Dark Matter much more than Killjoys (which I actually gave up on mid-season this year) ... but I guess the ratings were lower for DM.  Oh well ... still have The Expanse!

can see why it got cancelled, the plot didn't seem like it was heading anywhere, waited and waited for someone to kill the douche emperor but it never happened.

9 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

can see why it got cancelled, the plot didn't seem like it was heading anywhere, waited and waited for someone to kill the douche emperor but it never happened.

Not sure if you watched the same show, but it was just starting to head into alien/black ship and a android  war maybe story arc.

It is just a shame SciFi cancelled another show again.

Happy that killjoys gets a chance to wrap up the story, but I would have preferred they finished dark matter more than that rubbish blood drive. 

44 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

Not sure if you watched the same show, but it was just starting to head into alien/black ship and a android  war maybe story arc.

It is just a shame SciFi cancelled another show again.

Happy that killjoys gets a chance to wrap up the story, but I would have preferred they finished dark matter more than that rubbish blood drive. 

to me the plot was all over the place and never seemed to choose a direction to follow storywise, bit of this, bit of that...stated off pretty good with them finding out who they were then it became average at best so not surprised, wished it turned out more of an exploration type show than personal issues / dark secrets etc.

as for blood drive, i like it.

32 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

to me the plot was all over the place and never seemed to choose a direction to follow storywise, bit of this, bit of that...stated off pretty good with them finding out who they were then it became average at best so not surprised, wished it turned out more of an exploration type show than personal issues / dark secrets etc.

as for blood drive, i like it.

I think if they gave it one more season it may have improved.

But just can not get into blood drive, what can yo do? :D

!@$% SyFy.  I really enjoyed this show, I thought it was a nice "fill the stargate scifi gap" show like Continuum was. 

The two main women were good at their craft/easy on the eyes, and I like Roger Cross.  It was only ever going to be 5 seasons if it wasn't cancelled.  I'd love Netflix to give it a season or 2 to finish off!

I hope Star Trek: Discovery is as gripping as it looks pretty.

11 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Yet another favorite show cancelled then :/

It's been cancelled?!

I was saving it to watch all together.  If it's been cancelled, I won't bother starting it :(

Reminds me of another couple of TV series:

One where there's a wormhole type thing but the guy who goes through, his ex-wife has already been going through regularly - the "director" didn't tell the guy his ex-wife was involved.  Maybe it involved dinosaur type things that then figure out they can come back through the wormhole to Earth.  I don't remember much about that at all :/ I don't think it was Sliders...  maybe it was.  It was Primeval.

The other was Timeless.  Can't remember what happened to that and whether it was cancelled or what.

Edited by Sir Topham Hatt

The producer and the fans are trying to kick up a little attention on Twitter. There are also some petitions: https://t.co/5bqcMXdpSI

Get updates on the Dark Matter fan campaign by following: @DarkMatterFTL

Alright, #TeamRaza, it’s crunch time.  We have less than two weeks to get this done!

Hey, the question of the day: How many of you who don’t presently have a Netflix subscription would get one if they picked up Dark Matter for a fourth season?

Asking for a friend.

Ah, hell, why don’t you let my friend know directly at @netflix

Much respect and appreciation to all the fans who are making their voices heard. The Dark Matter cast and crew continue to be amazed by your passion, your perseverance, and your sometimes…pointed and creative commentary!  Oh, also the artwork.  Loving the artwork…

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

1.jpg?w=500

On 9/4/2017 at 7:41 AM, Sir Topham Hatt said:

It's been cancelled?!

I was saving it to watch all together.  If it's been cancelled, I won't bother starting it :(

Reminds me of another couple of TV series:

One where there's a wormhole type thing but the guy who goes through, his ex-wife has already been going through regularly - the "director" didn't tell the guy his ex-wife was involved.  Maybe it involved dinosaur type things that then figure out they can come back through the wormhole to Earth.  I don't remember much about that at all :/ I don't think it was Sliders...  maybe it was.  It was Primeval.

The other was Timeless.  Can't remember what happened to that and whether it was cancelled or what.

Reminds me of the show of which the cancellation still hurts today: Firefly