new feature in photoshop CS5

dude, this feature alone is worth the 599, lol

I look forward to playing with this tool!

For f*** sake, you can't be serious. You mean we don't have to work any hard anymore. :o

Hey Hollywood needs its movies :laugh:

Fake.

You can't possibly fill the white space around the panorama like that without know the rest of the image. No algorithm can find that the mountain slopes down on the right unless it has that info somewhere.

Fake.

You can't possibly fill the white space around the panorama like that without know the rest of the image. No algorithm can find that the mountain slopes down on the right unless it has that info somewhere.

thats exacty what I thought. I think he just pressed ctrl+v to restore the image after the progress bar finished.

wtf, when did pc's become intelligent enough to even understand the concept of content in a photo. I think I skipped a few years somewhere along the line :p

from the description on youtube:

One of the biggest requests we get of Photoshop is to make adding, removing, moving or repairing items faster and more seamless. From retouching to completely reimagining an image, heres an early glimpse of what could happen in the future when you press the delete key. How might you use this new capability in your workflow?

"could" happen? I already thought it looked a bit too futuristic, let's see if and how well it works in CS 5 ;)

The photoshop 'Spot Healing' tool works very well, so why cant it work on a larger scale?

I would say in this day and age, its most likely true. It would ruin their credability to advertise something so large as this and not follow through.

Plus adobe are not known for joking around with publicity.

Based on how well the healing brush works, this doesn't really seem impossible to me.

And being content aware isn't as hard as some people believe. It's all about analyzing the photo finding edges ridges and patterns and extending them.

As for filling out the panorama, at no point did he say the final photo looked like the real place. because it most likely didn't. It's just how photoshop guesstimated it looked.

Its not fake. There is more than one video on youtube.

This one even explains how it works:

I don't use photoshop much, I get the suite for flash, mostly, but I have a feeling I might be using it a bit more.

my jaw dropped from 1:14 to a few seconds after the video...?

i think that there will definitely be some way of detecting this , since it doesnt seem to let us tweak anything...

Fake.

Really? Adobe would fake a demonstration of a product they're about to release? Really?

No, but it can make something up. That's all it does. It makes something up, something that more or less fits into the scene. This is the same thing you'd do by hand. The goal is to make something that looks good, not recreate the actual landscape out of thin air. Do you really not understand this?

Wow can't wait to try that out. I just bought my DSLR so I can pair it with CS5.

Off topic, does anyone know if adobe will release the student priced version at the same time?