Meet Firefox 4.0.1

I installed minefield, because it's very customizable, but why is it so laggy?

I mean actually everything is so slow, opening tabs, going to sites. When clicking it takes ages to open a new tab. Yet in the old firefox, it's much better. Even IE for me is faster than this beta firefox. Is there any fixes?

Firefox 4 is currently slower at scrolling compared to Firefox3.6 without Direct2D assistance.

One solution might be not to use a netbook at the moment.

The other solution would be to wait for Beta 8 or 9...

I think Firefox 4 will make users come come back from Chrome. The performance on Minefield has been great.

Beta 7 soon, no bugs left.

When I see how long is Firefox's development process and how they are throwing features out to make it ready on time I think I'm not going to come back.

They are making a nice mockups, but when it comes to do it in reality it doesn't look so well anymore.

lets hope beta 7 is out today, wouldn't mind giving it a whirl! Is there an extension to remove the glass effect from the tabs as i use black background on xp which makes the tabs grey and the text black, its hard to read, hoping an extension can remove the glass for tabs.

They are making a nice mockups, but when it comes to do it in reality it doesn't look so well anymore.

Remember, polish doesn't come until late in development cycles. There's no point polishing something that's quite likely to still be changing.

lets hope beta 7 is out today, wouldn't mind giving it a whirl! Is there an extension to remove the glass effect from the tabs as i use black background on xp which makes the tabs grey and the text black, its hard to read, hoping an extension can remove the glass for tabs.

There's a glass effect on XP?

Anyway, I believe the tabs on Aero are no longer transparent.

I wonder whether more features will be added into beta 8, last i read they were thinking about it. I'd prefer they stop with new features and just bug fix so that we can get 4.0 out as soon as possible.

Firefox has gotten faster since the oct 28th build according to arewefastyet.com, its crazy how fast firefox 4 will be, i just got used to the tradeoff of features compared to speed that i'd get with chrome, now i can have features and also crazy speed. I hope the ram problems will be solved with multiple tabs, earlier betas used about 40% more ram for me :(

1 critical bug relating to yahoo mail (non-classic) not working on beta 7 is blocking beta 7 :(

up to 3 blockers now, i get the feeling more bugs will be found for a while. I'd just ship beta 7 with the yahoo mail bug fixed and leave the other 2 for beta 8, its been so long since the last beta, its better to let people try a pretty stable build for a change.

up to 3 blockers now, i get the feeling more bugs will be found for a while. I'd just ship beta 7 with the yahoo mail bug fixed and leave the other 2 for beta 8, its been so long since the last beta, its better to let people try a pretty stable build for a change.

make that 2 blockers now :) but i agree with what you are saying.. at this rate it will be end of november before we see beta 7 if they keep adding blockers!

I wonder whether more features will be added into beta 8, last i read they were thinking about it. I'd prefer they stop with new features and just bug fix so that we can get 4.0 out as soon as possible.

Firefox has gotten faster since the oct 28th build according to arewefastyet.com, its crazy how fast firefox 4 will be, i just got used to the tradeoff of features compared to speed that i'd get with chrome, now i can have features and also crazy speed. I hope the ram problems will be solved with multiple tabs, earlier betas used about 40% more ram for me :(

1 critical bug relating to yahoo mail (non-classic) not working on beta 7 is blocking beta 7 :(

No more "new" features, just finishing off what they have started. That includes

Compartmental GC, which still has long list of bugs and not even turned on yet. ( Expect even more after it has been on )

JM and Tracemonkey bug fixing. A few more performance related bug and that is all.

A few IO bugs left.

A bug fixing on GPU accelerated Render.

Getting all these features on and working will require two betas and one RC to make sure everything works.

That is months of work in there.... ><:pinch::pinch: