Meet Firefox 4.0.1

this looks exactly like opera. way to go.

The UI design has been like this for a while, a decent time before Opera 10.5. Plus the Opera app button was based on Windows 7's use of it, and Office 2007 before that.

The UI design has been like this for a while, a decent time before Opera 10.5. Plus the Opera app button was based on Windows 7's use of it, and Office 2007 before that.

nvm , there is no end to this who copied who :p

if ppl make such comments , i would rather say , there is difference between red and orange :/

But that code isn't close either :p

lol , well , then check the "share your .." thread :p

Why? It only really matters that they're done before final, not during mid-beta.

For some people, UI bugs are a blocker from making a jump. Leaving it until the last minute -- aka being a student -- isn't a good idea either.

Major perf bugs left,

- Scrolling some pages / Smooth Scrolling = laggs like hell

- D2D + Flash + Opacity = laggs like hell

- Image + Animation = laggs like hell

- UI is running in the same thread = laggs like hell

- Retained Layers + Certain videos = laggs like hell

- DownloadThemAll! / Thunderbird UI + D2D = laggs like hell

:yes:

Major perf bugs left,

- Scrolling some pages / Smooth Scrolling = laggs like hell

- D2D + Flash + Opacity = laggs like hell

- Image + Animation = laggs like hell

- UI is running in the same thread = laggs like hell

- Retained Layers + Certain videos = laggs like hell

- DownloadThemAll! / Thunderbird UI + D2D = laggs like hell

:yes:

Yeah I've noticed a few instances of things going slow too. I can't remember who said it, but there's quite a few performance related things ready for the next beta. Hopefully that should resolve some / all of the above.

Yeah I've noticed a few instances of things going slow too. I can't remember who said it, but there's quite a few performance related things ready for the next beta. Hopefully that should resolve some / all of the above.

None of the ones I listed will be fixed with Beta 7. Some won't be fixed with Beta 8 as well.

Once these will be fixed, Firefox will be damn fast. :)

Really impressed with the last few nightlys speed wise just wish they would get rid of the grey tabs, anyone got a stylish I can remove them with?

beta6p.jpg

dislike

minefieldpng.jpg

the grey doesn't go with the theme at all in my opinion.

Wish they would have left it butt ugly and finished the engine and java script first. They've been jumping all over the board with fixes. Build a solid base and then worry about cosmetics. People can whine about how it's not pretty yet. It looking pretty for you is dead last in my list of needed changes. I'm writing this in butt ugly chromium cause they fixed everything else first.

Wish they would have left it butt ugly and finished the engine and java script first. They've been jumping all over the board with fixes. Build a solid base and then worry about cosmetics. People can whine about how it's not pretty yet. It looking pretty for you is dead last in my list of needed changes. I'm writing this in butt ugly chromium cause they fixed everything else first.

Because the JS engine devs also work on the UI...

is there anyway to make the Unsorted Bookmarks menu go back to being a pop out menu instead of launching the Library and also moving it back to the top of the favorites list?

i personally hate this change that they made and I hope i can get it to revert back to the old behavior.