Every one add me - NowNudda

I play this almost every night. Hit lvl 30 a few weeks ago.

Finally finished my crit rune build, and now since Lux has taken my fancy, starting on a rune build for her.

I play with a real friend who brings his laptop over, so if you wanna join us, we are great with teamwork. But I think we need to get some sort of Vent server or something going for this to communicate with others.

Vent info: Server: sulfur.typefrag.com | Port: 52193 | Password: Bnoob

Because they are only free for the week. Every week new champions are rotated in and out for free to play. This means that you can, at some point, try every champion before you buy them.

Ah, that's cool. I guess I'll have to buy of the heroes that I've been playing with this week. Thanks for the info. (Y)

What day do the heroes switch to a new set of free ones?

• 1 month later...

Don't have much faith in DotA2, it looked boring when I was watching the tourny, also Valve doesn't ban griefers in any of there games not sure if DotA2 will be different, hope it will or it wont last long,

i-wZpv4fg-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dota 2 looked very slow paced and bland. Can't wait for dominion!!! I've been playing for a few years and I have somewhere around 1700 games under my belt. Add me. Scootles

• 2 weeks later...

So, what is your champion of choice or favorite one everybody?

Mine would have to be Kennen because he owns with his AOE and he is awesome..

So, what is your champion of choice or favorite one everybody?

Mine would have to be Kennen because he owns with his AOE and he is awesome..

Right now my favorite three are

Riven - AD

Malzahar - AP

Alistar - Tank

Personally I think Malzahar is one of the top mages in the game. Lux is just as good.

I don't really have a fav. I'm pretty good with a few characters, decent with the rest. But the other day, I had 2 of my friends over, and we were lanning LoL. For just a troll game, I told them to pick Alistar and Chogath, while I chose Blitz. I told our team, us 3 are going bottom, so you other 2 solo mid and top and just dont feed. Well, if you know anything about the 3 chars we picked, it is a cornucopia of knock ups and stuns. Before the minions made their way to the towers, I had already grabbed 1 guy and we killed him. Within 5 minutes of the game, we killed bottom lane about 4 times. There is just nothing a low lvl can really do against a combo of ( Blitz grab, Ali slam, cho spike, Blitz knockup punch, Ali headbutt, Cho scream ). And by the time we got off our combo, I as blitz, was able to knock up punch again, and then use my grab again. We were just unstoppable. And we ended up making their team forfeit the match at 20. Was just epic funny.

Right now my favorite three are

Riven - AD

Malzahar - AP

Alistar - Tank

Personally I think Malzahar is one of the top mages in the game. Lux is just as good.

AP = Kennen, Anivia, Orianna and Nidalee

AD = Nocturne, Talon, Master Yi and Kog'Maw

Tank = Rammus and Amumu

I suck in this game. :-( Any tips for a noob?

Well, what exactly are you having trouble with??

Laning, mid or jungle? Item builds?

There are 2 tips that will greatly help.

1st - Play all the characters enough to know what each one is capable of. Learn all the characters moves, damages, and weaknesses. This will greatly help you when fighting against them, as you will know what to expect to a certain degree.

Example: You will understand to build certain items to counter others. You can figure out the limits to a character, so that when they rush in for their kills, you can disrupt them. When you know Annie takes 5 fells to stun, you can attack her easier. When you realize that certain characters are wide open to harass after using certain spells, you can own a lane easier.

2nd - Watch the streams available online of the "pro" players. You will notice what they do, how they do things, and can incorporate it into your game. The good streamers will answer questions and let you know why there are doing certain things. You will learn how to gank, run, and other little tricks with characters by watching them.

General tips

1) Learn to last hit creeps - This will increase the amount of gold you earn which in turn gets you better items faster

2) Don't get greedy - If an enemy champ is near death but covered by an ally and a tower, don't dive in to get the kill unless you are 100% sure you can get away alive

3) Test each of the champs out in single player or vs computer AI, you really need to learn what each does as another poster mentioned

4) Learn the difference between attack damage (AD), ability power (AP) and tanking. In general AD champs are either melee or assassin ranged. AD champs are generally weak but can dish out fast damage. AP champs generally rely on their special abilities to do damage and are typically ranged with a few exceptions. Tanks, well they are just meat shields. Learn what category each champ falls into

5) call mia (missing in action) - every player is responsible for telling their team when someone from the lane they belong to is missing. So for example if I am in the top lane as Alistair and I notice that Singed has disapeared i would typically write the following :TOP MIA, SINGED, HEADED MID. This tells the midder to be careful from the north because they could get ganked from a sneaky singed. When singed comes back to the lane I say: TOP RE. If you don't know where the mia is headed, at the very least tell your team (LANE) MIA. I cannot stress how important this is to the flow of a game. It means the difference between winning and losing due to early game deaths.

6) Do not jungle unless you are level 30 and properly runed and have the proper mastery build. Lots of people like to think they are helping out by jungling but the reality is that jungling is only worthwhile if you can do so without having to run back to base every 10 minutes and if you know how to properly steal creeps from enemy territory.

7) Save your IP for runes. You may be tempted to purchase a new champion with 6K in IP, but I'm telling you to save your IP until level 20 and then purchase all the top tier runes for the builds you like to play. Having the proper runes will make winning easier and therefore will get you back more IP quicker.

8)Exhaust and Flash - These are simply the two best summoner spells. In certain circumstances they may not be, but typically they can be played on ALL champions. They can be used defensively and offensively which gives them the most utility.

9) Call "B" when you are teleporting back to base. There is nothing more upsetting when you think your 6 is covered by your buddy only to find out you have been ganked because your partner decided to go back to base to for a new item. Let your laning partner know you are heading back to B so they can back up closer to the tower.

10) Push towers after kills but don't die doing it! - if you kill an enemy, it is the perfect time to push their tower. The key to winning the game is not necessarily being the best at pvp, but being the team with the best timing at pushing towers. I don't know how many times I have played in games where my team was dominating the enemies but because one of the enemies kept pushing towers and eventually broke through our inhibitors that we had to fall back and eventually lost.

The TYPICAL team structure is 1 tank and a 50% combination of attack damage and ability power. The reason for this is that if a team goes heavy in say attack damage, opponents can stack their armor. If a team goes ability power heavy, then the opponents can stack magical resist. Tanks are important because they can initiate fights, typically taking significantly more damage than other champs.

Good luck and have fun.

So I watched a nice mmohut.com video of this new Dominion game mode. Got to say, looks like fun. Since if you are horrible normally at the Dota style stuff in LoL it isn't so bad in Dominion. :D

So I watched a nice mmohut.com video of this new Dominion game mode. Got to say, looks like fun. Since if you are horrible normally at the Dota style stuff in LoL it isn't so bad in Dominion. :D

Dominion is like a moba version of Battlefield before Bad Company.

Dominion is like a moba version of Battlefield before Bad Company.

Dominion is great fun. Played 2 rounds last night, won both :)

It is just constant action. And even if you think are you way ahead, the last few minutes of the game can totally turn.

First game, the score was basically 49/240, and my team was waaay ahead. But we became sloppy, and aloud it to drop down. At the end of the game, it was 0/50something. And it only took it a few minutes to get that close.

Second game was more of a equal playing field. Everyone was pushing hard, just capturing and stealing nodes constantly. By the end of the game, I had captured the last node, giving us the win, but by a 0/6 score. So it was just a narrow win, but so much fun.

Dominion is insane. Start at lvl 3, start with enough gold to get Sorc boots or other items, and everyone is basically ignoring minions. You just run for the towers and try to kill the enemies. While this might sound less strategic, it isn't. There is a art/skill to holding off the enemy from your node.

First game I picked Rammus, thinking his interrupts and taunt would be good for stopping captures, which he definitely is great at. Second game I went Udyr, because I wanted constant move buff and stun. Both characters are very good for this type of game play. Others that have global Ults are good too, like Lux ( shes global in dominion due to smaller map ), Gangplank, Twisted Fate, Pantheon, and a few others.

Been getting down on this game as of lately, add me up, same username as here..

Dominion is pretty fun, defin. a different pace then the 3v3 and 5v5.

Loving dominion, especially as Hiem.

Played as him almost all last night, in about 8 games total. 1 game, I was able to solo defend my bottom tower against their whole team. Was just epic running around, placing turrents, and spamming grenades and rockets. By the end of the match, I was something like 23-4-16.

Even if you are losing, it isn't a long game, and is still tons of fun.

Dominion still leans in favor of a good number of champions and it needs some work. Aside from that its a great game type but if they don't address some of the balancing problems the game mode will easily become another Twisted Treeline.

Dominion still leans in favor of a good number of champions and it needs some work. Aside from that its a great game type but if they don't address some of the balancing problems the game mode will easily become another Twisted Treeline.

I think people need to just get used to fighting against certain champs in a different situation.

Sure, some people are tough when defending a tower, but the right counter pick will mess them up. I haven't found anyone who is OPed and will just win the game in this mode, unlike SR or TT. Dominion seems to be more about team organization and cooperation. Defend and capture, but learn where to go, with whom to go with, and when to back up.

A lot of people seem to push their characters to their limits. Taking on the enemy team, defeating them, but then instead of going back to heal and push, they continue to push to their death.

Certain characters are a pain, but if you build correctly, or pick correctly to counter, the game can go either way. Since everyone is basically getting the same farm, it makes it possible to come back if you play right.

This is also a great map for learning how to trick your enemy with moving in and out of bush. Learn how to confuse them, and you will do much better.

But I think most people right now just haven't got the hang of this type of play style. 4.5 seconds to get back and you will heal up fully if you instantly start running to where you want, as the healing point goes down to the last step.

Dominion leans heavily towards late game champions and as a result it is inherently imbalanced. Games come down to who's got the best late game rather than who's played the best. You could say the first 5-10 minutes of the game really don't matter in Dominion.