Lucifer (TV)

cvb5o3l.jpg

According to Deadline, Fox have given a pilot commitment to Lucifer, with Californication creator and executive producer Tom Kapinos attached to develop the project for DC Comics and Warner Bros. The character was a supporting player in Neil Gaiman's Sandman (which Joseph Gordon-Levitt and David S. Goyer are currently trying to bring to the big screen), but he would later get his own pretty popular spin-off. The site adds that the TV series which Kapinos is also writing, "centers on Lucifer who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he opens an exclusive piano bar called Lux." This Fall will see Arrow, Constantine, The Flash and Gotham all on TV, with Supergirl and a Nightwing led Titans series also on the way. Lucifer's adventures have taken place on Earth, Heaven and in a number of other realms, though how much of this the TV show will delve into remains to be seen.

Source

• 4 months later...

Apparently The LUCIFER Pilot Has Been Greenlit At Fox

It looks like the latest in a (very) long line of TV shows based on DC characters will be Lucifer. It was previously reported that Fox had given the show a pilot commitment with Californication creator and executive producer Tom Kapinos heading up development, and now Bleeding Cool reckon they've been given the go ahead. Lucifer was a spin-off from Neil Gaiman's Sandman, which saw the ruler of Hell grow tired with his infernal responsibilities and relocate to LA where he opened an exclusive piano bar called Lux. With this and the likes Supergirl, Titans and Krypton set to join The Flash, Arrow, Constantine and Gotham (also Fox, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a crossover!), DC seem poised to takeover our TV screens. Lucifer is described as "a slice-of-life drama in, out of Hell and into Los Angeles".

Source

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

14262511270752.png

According to Deadline, D.B. Woodside, Rachael Harris, and Nicholas Gonzalez have landed series regular roles in Fox

• 1 month later...

Series Order Given to Lucifer

Ho6IBT5.jpg

The series stars Tom Ellis (Rush) in the title role as Lucifer, who, bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the gorgeous, shimmering insanity of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals. Co-starring alongside Ellis are Lauren German (Chicago Fire) as Chloe Dancer, an LAPD homicide detective who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer; Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus) as Lucifer

There are rumors that the theme music will be

Sympathy for the Devil, and that in the pilot he gets stopped by a cop for speeding. When asked why he was speeding he claims that the [Rolling] Stones music made him do it ;)

• 2 months later...

Saw the leaked pilot of this too! And this is awesome as well! Amazing! 

Just watched the pilot :shifty: Was great I thought. Lucifer isn't annoying even with the over-the-top English accent. One complaint I had about Forever was the accent, somehow it works well for this guy. I still remember him from Miranda which is a very different character hah.

Shows a lot of promise.

• Like 2

Just watched the pilot :shifty: Was great I thought. Lucifer isn't annoying even with the over-the-top English accent. One complaint I had about Forever was the accent, somehow it works well for this guy. I still remember him from Miranda which is a very different character hah.

Shows a lot of promise.

Forever.  Exactly what this show reminded me of.   It is not a bad thing.  I love his English accent and super cocky attitude.  :laugh:

Entertaining for sure.

Forever.  Exactly what this show reminded me of.   It is not a bad thing.  I love his English accent and super cocky attitude.  :laugh:

Entertaining for sure.

I was sad to see Forever got dropped after a single season :(

I really enjoyed the Lucifer pilot though so at least I have something to look forward too now :yes:

I like how Lucifer doesn't bother hading who or what he is. Normally you see the character going out of their way to protect their "secret" (like in Forever). I like the change to the norm.

• Like 1

I like how Lucifer doesn't bother hading who or what he is. Normally you see the character going out of their way to protect their "secret" (like in Forever). I like the change to the norm.

True. A refreshing approach.   

Let bad ass be a bad ass!  :laugh:

Who gives a damn, I am the Devil, be aaaaach!

Hey jim, you've become my series connoisseur, is this worth watching?

considering there is only a leaked pilot episode that i just watched.....     i have no idea :p

i enjoyed the pilot, a lot, because it is fun.    but i cannot even know for sure, that s01e01 will even be the same...

So, tell me again why are we supposed to care what happens to Lucifer? He is, quite literally, the worst person of all time. How or why would we be sympathetic to his plight? i.e. what is supposed to keep you coming back to the show?

So, tell me again why are we supposed to care what happens to Lucifer? He is, quite literally, the worst person of all time. How or why would we be sympathetic to his plight? i.e. what is supposed to keep you coming back to the show?

Lucifer is actually the good guy in this pilot. Yes hes evil, yes he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him, yes hes over the top in the way he approaches things, but - its all very entertaining. Lucifer is a likable TV character unlike alot of the dribble that is currently on TV. Religious or not (and it sounds like you are somewhat) - at the end of the day it was a entertaining hour of TV. 

I didn't know Lucifer exists.

• Like 1