Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: October 2018

For the month of October, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Overcooked ($16.99ERP) for free during the month of October. Victor Vran ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from October 16th to November 15th.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M  image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

On Xbox 360, starting October 1st, Stuntman: Ignition ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through October 15th. Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Hitman: Blood Money ($19.99 ERP) for free through October 31st.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M  image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

Source

----------

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
Xbox Game Pass Games

----------

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: September 2018

When I crated this topic this morning I thought that nothing has been added to the EA Vault in a while or I've completely missed it

But

• Fight Night Champion coming 10/10
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered coming 10/10
  • Army of Two coming 17/10

Source

I've got more time to play games now, but not on Xbox yet, I've jumped into Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel, for my little JRPG fix, got it on GOG for the DRM-free goodness.

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 22 October 2018. A few titles of note

Source

A few more titles coming to BC, and these are great titles! Enhanced visuals and higher resolutions on the One X

• Half Life 2: The Orange Box
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2

It'll be really interesting to see how things play out next year when Sony and MS start talking about their next gen consoles.  I really believe MS is going to keep going with the BC line and the Xbox Scarlet will be able to play any Xbox One games without issue (since their x86 etc) and also keep going with support for any 360 and OG Xbox BC titles we have at the time and going forward.   While on the flip side I think Sony will once again break compatibility and stick to the old model, with the PS5 not supporting any PS4 titles etc.  They'll just tell gamers to use PS Now and stream them etc.

1 hour ago, George P said:

It'll be really interesting to see how things play out next year when Sony and MS start talking about their next gen consoles.  I really believe MS is going to keep going with the BC line and the Xbox Scarlet will be able to play any Xbox One games without issue (since their x86 etc) and also keep going with support for any 360 and OG Xbox BC titles we have at the time and going forward.   While on the flip side I think Sony will once again break compatibility and stick to the old model, with the PS5 not supporting any PS4 titles etc.  They'll just tell gamers to use PS Now and stream them etc.

I don't own a Playstation so I don't follow news that much, but wasn't there a rumour recently about Sony filing some sort of patent that suggested Backwards compatibility?

I think the backwards compatibility stuff is great, but for me, I very rarely actually play any 360 titles. 

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I don't own a Playstation so I don't follow news that much, but wasn't there a rumour recently about Sony filing some sort of patent that suggested Backwards compatibility?

I think the backwards compatibility stuff is great, but for me, I very rarely actually play any 360 titles. 

Yeah I read something similar too. 

I think the whole BC thing with 360 vs One is a nice to have. BC will be more relevant going forwards when they do this mid-gen upgrade. It'll essentially allow them to have the One and One X model going forward. I think @George Phas said before, the whole idea of distinct gens will start to disappear and you'll just have games that run on the hardware with differing graphical fidelity. 

30 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah I read something similar too. 

I think the whole BC thing with 360 vs One is a nice to have. BC will be more relevant going forwards when they do this mid-gen upgrade. It'll essentially allow them to have the One and One X model going forward. I think @George Phas said before, the whole idea of distinct gens will start to disappear and you'll just have games that run on the hardware with differing graphical fidelity. 

Agreed, I certainly won't be in a rush to get rid of my physical copy XB1 games when the next platform drops from Xbox. 

Some titles are being added to Xbox Game Pass today

• Dead Island Riptide DE
  • Outlast
  • Hello Neighbour
  • >observer

Whilst we may have Christmas stuff already being sold in shops...they've missed an important event. One that Microsoft hasnt! Halloween. 

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store or the Shocktober sale!. Discounts are valid now through 29 October 2018. A few titles worth pointing out. 

Source

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 05 November 2018. A few titles of note

Source

• dipsylalapo unpinned this topic