PM Issue

I have noticed, as of late, that when I reply a PM to anyone, and submit it, I see the message. All goody, as you should. But in the reply window, I see my recently typed text...

pm.png

Edited by Mindovermaster

I've notice this when commenting in general on the forums the past few days myself. thought it was just me as I'm out of country running on a VPN right now so didn't think to report it

been sporadically happening; not all the time though

Never happens when I replied to a thread, just PM. 🤔

35 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I've notice this when commenting in general on the forums the past few days myself. thought it was just me as I'm out of country running on a VPN right now so didn't think to report it

JavaScript is all sorts of fubar on iOS too. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, Brandon H said:

This has been happening to me as well.

just happened again in this thread https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1384121-hello-everyone-should-i-get-windows-81-windows-10-or-just-stick-to-a-linux-distro/

image.thumb.png.6144d673d333d45469195352d21c7c1f.png

image.thumb.png.0c70d40737678ce058ddb34fc4a11796.png

notice how my whole post is still in the editor and the 'post' button is stuck on 'saving'

@DaveLegg can you look into this please?

8 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Looks like SoCalRox has this same issue...

@DaveLegg...

I wonder if the issue I have is related. If I quote someone, type the post and then submit it and it put puts this crazy space between my post and what I quoted and then all the buttons are completely dead, can't edit or anything on that post ever again. Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

I've seen that issue too pop up, can't remember the browser I was using though...

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

I wonder if the issue I have is related. If I quote someone, type the post and then submit it and it put puts this crazy space between my post and what I quoted and then all the buttons are completely dead, can't edit or anything on that post ever again. Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

You use Grammarly? 

5 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

I've seen that issue too pop up, can't remember the browser I was using though...

You use Grammarly? 

I do use Grammarly. Is that causing the problem?

grammarly is known to cause formatting issues with the editer IPB uses so that could be causing your issue warwagon at least

the main issue of this thread I don't think it's a factor though because I don't use it myself

10 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I do use Grammarly. Is that causing the problem?

Yep.  Know form personal experience (look at some of the quotes I did in that one RWI thread, has a huge space, then 2, then another huge space then the actual quote.).  It actually uses HTML and injects it into the form that your typing in.

19 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

grammarly is known to cause formatting issues with the editer IPB uses so that could be causing your issue warwagon at least

the main issue of this thread I don't think it's a factor though because I don't use it myself

I don't use it either, must be just his issue.

Been almost a week now... Anyone know anything? It annoying af...

Could you try incognito mode for a bit (clean session, cookies, cache etc, and no third party extensions). I'm unable to replicate it myself. Given it's not happening to everyone, I suspect it's either a cookie / cache issue, or a third party extension causing the problem.

Yea, it might be my cache. I ran it in a incognite window, and it doesn't do it to me. Did a test PM, didn't show the previously written text in reply window.

BUT other people have said this is happening, too. So is all our cache jumbled now?

Edit: Yea, I just cleared cache, and we are all good. Anyone having this issue, clean your Cache!!! (I just noticed, my web cache was 1GB... :laugh: )

41 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Could you try incognito mode for a bit (clean session, cookies, cache etc, and no third party extensions). I'm unable to replicate it myself. Given it's not happening to everyone, I suspect it's either a cookie / cache issue, or a third party extension causing the problem.

the problem is it hasn't been consistent; I'll have it happen maybe once every couple days since I started noticing it.

so I'm not sure if it's the server hickuping at the time it happens or what

I got another PM/post issue...

I don't think it is something about cache.

What extensions do you have

this happened to me the other day and it double posted

I have LastPass, PIA, LinkedIn

All extensions I use are LastPass, uBlock Orgin (is disabled on Neowin), and "Open Not in New Tab"...

On 7/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, DaveLegg said:

I'm thinking more extensions than cache potentially. What extensions do you have running?

no extensions here; I have Neowin whitelisted on my adblocker and the only other extension I have installed is FireShot for the occasional full page screenshot

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

no extensions here; I have Neowin whitelisted on my adblocker and the only other extension I have installed is FireShot for the occasional full page screenshot

Think that means you do... Being it is installed and Neowin is whitelisted, doesn't mean it isn't doing anything wonky. AFAIK