Sports Forum

70 members have voted

1. 1. Sports Forum

• Yes
    • No
    • Gimme a Cheeseburger

I have noticed a recent surge in sports threads and I think Neowin should have a forum where we can all congregate. With MLB playoffs, and the NFL season a couple weeks in, and the NBA season right around the corner, I strongly insist on this forum and would greatly appreciate this; and I don?t think I'm the only one:yes:s:

Of course, but then during the summer it would be dead for me (I only really watch football and hockey) but yea a sports forum would be sweet :D

yeah but theres plenty of offseason stuff going on that could keep football and hockey discussion going year round

this has been tried and shot down.

We've Proved in General Discussion that Sports are a Major Interest to the members but neowin doesn't want to create a seperate forum for that.

You can use GD or SOAPBOX.

This concept has been tossed around already, it just isn't going to happen unless the majority of Neowin members have a sudden desire to have a sports forum. :)

Just make threads as they are needed...

I for one foresee the coming of "The Official Neowin NHL '03/'04 Thread" coming soon to GD.

Why was it "shot down"?? Did no one use it? Or was it just hard to mod?

no it never existed, the idea was shot down before one was ever created.. which appears to be happening again

i would love to see it .. being that hockey is about to start ( GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) .. but, this is a tech/news site .. so i doubt it would work .. unless we get a majority vote??

I've been thinking of having a temp sports forum for the European championship soccer.

Thats a good idea (Y)

But how about just allowing football (soccer) posts in there just to **** off everyone else :laugh: