Sports Forum

70 members have voted

1. 1. Sports Forum

• Yes
    • No
    • Gimme a Cheeseburger

I've been thinking of having a temp sports forum for the European championship soccer.

that sounds great to me.. why can't we have a temp sports forum, see how it goes, and if it fails remove it.... the interest is there, and thats proven by the topics that are in general discussion..

im in major favor of this temp idea :yes:

I vote no, I come here to get away from people who don't want to talk about computers and tech stuff. Not to talk about sports

Yes but with a forum for sports you wouldnt have to se all the sports topics in the general...

It is better if we have one place for the sports so we can keep the general discussion clear of sports... Its a win-win situation for everybody.. Of course maybe more people will start to talk about sports but it will all be in one forum so you dont have to se them or read them...

I think we should have one, we have a forum for nearly everything now exept for sports...

I don't think we should, this is not a sports site.... :cool:

Yeah, that's true, but we do have Soapbox and Realworld forums. And The media Room. That doesn't really fall under tech. So I figure why not. There are certainly enough people who would read or participate.

If we've not had one before, we should try. I say give it three or four months, and if it's not working out, then close it and we'll all go back to the way it was before. There are plenty of people to mod it. So it wouldn't be a hassle to those who are already mods.

I'm all for it.

I vote no because there is no need of sports forum. Neowin is a tech news website and should discuss tech bits. Any sports threads can be posted in GD or the Media subforum so it will not make Neowin lacking of being the tech news website.

altezza yes we understand that but it will not hurt you or make any difference... It will make the sport intresetd people happy and you wouldnt even notice it being there....

Yes but with a forum for sports you wouldnt have to se all the sports topics in the general...

It is better if we have one place for the sports so we can keep the general discussion clear of sports... Its a win-win situation for everybody.. Of course maybe more people will start to talk about sports but it will all be in one forum so you dont have to se them or read them...

I think we should have one, we have a forum for nearly everything now exept for sports...

exactly right (Y) .. see i know there are lots of people here who dont like sports, so im sure they dont like reading about sports in GD.. having these threads in GD often results in a lot of anti-sports flamers.. having a place to go to discuss them freely would be great.. and then those who dont like sports would even notice the threads

Yes ---[18]----------[40.00%]

No ----[18]----------[40.00%]

D/C -----------------[20.00%]

:o

a very evenly divided group... hopefully redmak will try this temporary sports forum and it will be successful

I vote no because there is no need of sports forum. Neowin is a tech news website and should discuss tech bits. Any sports threads can be posted in GD or the Media subforum so it will not make Neowin lacking of being the tech news website.

yeah neowin's a tech site, then why do we have a Media room forum and the soapbox forums etc?

Having a trial sports forum wouldn't hurt, So we can see how it goes. worse comes to worse every thread gets dumped into GD and all is forgotten, well untill another of these threads pop up ;)

i dont know how else to bring this up without it seeming like spam, but believe me thats not the intention..

I have a sports forum over at my personal homepage. you're more than welcome to use it.

i dont know how else to bring this up without it seeming like spam, but believe me thats not the intention..

I have a sports forum over at my personal homepage.  you're more than welcome to use it.

:o

Right... You've been warned mister!

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

Sports is crap. This is a tech forum. GET OVER IT.

i dont see you bitching about real world issues, soapbox, jokes and funny stuff, media room... none of those are really tech.. sports would make neowin much more complete

sports would make neowin much more complete

could bring more people interested in sports as well, maybe they will contribute for tech stuff or become interested in tech as well. :)