To mods, what posts are now post count locked

You can tell, any of the ones that have had their Post Count locked show up in Italics, see:

Heh, I just thought those were italicized to get people's attention, thanks for the info, but I don't really care about post count. :ninja:

Honesty, whats wrong with posting alot in one thread.

Who cares if you rack up posts. the point is they are contributing to the comunity.

I mean, getting 1000's is not the greatest accomplishment in the world....

maybe im wrong

Honesty, whats wrong with posting alot in one thread.

Who cares if you rack up posts. the point is they are contributing to the comunity.

I mean, getting 1000's is not the greatest accomplishment in the world....

maybe im wrong

There is a difference, it's between contributing to the community as a whole and blantent spamming to rack up your post count.

Radish?

The post-count lock is a great way to distinguish between members who are genuinely contributing to the game and those who are only there for the numbers.

Since the lock has come into effect there has already been a dramatic fall in the amount of posts made. It just goes to show....

Wave,Jan 15 2004, 04:28] I didn't even realize that the ones in italics were locked. :p

lol.. but isn't that kind of obvious that there is something strange among the title? :laugh: :rolleyes:

Pretty kewl Idea! So does this mean that those stupid milestone threads will be post locked? How is adding "congrats" to a thread someone started because they hit 100, 1000, 2000 posts contribute?

And the Joke threads too - yes the starter should get something, but how does adding LOL or Not Funny contribute to the community?

Great Idea guys - I have to look for it, curious to see what threads get post locked.

I didn't know that either, but I did notice the italics in certain threads...

...anyway, if I am allowed to ask: is it a case of memebers are only allowed to post once in those type of threads? (or twice, three times?)

If post counts can cause such a problem with spamming some times then why have post counts at all?

People surely come to this forum because they enjoy it & not because of their post count?! :huh:

damn it and here i thought those hundreds of posts i posted in those where actully adding to my post count :pinch: \

Before i get flamed i am joking, and i hardly post in those italic threads anymore, if ever. :happy:

Thanks for the clarification Keldyn.

MidnightMick, I think (and this is just my own opinion) that it's true that a lot of people do just come here for the entertainment and whatnot but I also think a proportion of people also come here just for their post count to be increased. Getting rid of the post count could lose NeoWin a lot of regular visitors.

(* no where's my flame retardent overalls gone? :D *)

ive seen quite a lot of large forums do it. ive made a poll, would be nice to see what people think

Blah!

Now I gotta go look for a Poll! :p

You could have just linked to it! ;)