Cyberlink's PowerDVD 7 Deluxe/Standard

I can't help it if WinDVD doesn't chose to make that feature user-controllable, but it IS part of the AC3 format and PowerDVD allows the user to change them.

Why would I wnat to change them? I already stated windvds audio decoder sounds better than powerdvds all round when watching anything with AC3 audio in it so why reinstall an app just to change things around?

*hugs his VideoLAN.*

FREE and does the job very well.

Wheazel, what are you on about captions? There is nothing wrong with it. Can you read it? That matters all it is.

I don't like it. Specifically I don't like the new skin, at all. Theres no fast forward and reverse controls whatsoever while in fullscreen. I sticking with PowerDVD 6.

Wheazel, what are you on about captions? There is nothing wrong with it. Can you read it? That matters all it is.

Standard captions are just plain ugly. Anti-aliasing is what's needed.

I don't like it. Specifically I don't like the new skin, at all. Theres no fast forward and reverse controls whatsoever while in fullscreen. I sticking with PowerDVD 6.

mouse wheel FF and RW controls are stil there...

I've always like the shuffle wheel thing tho, which is just NOT available now, at least anyway I can see, in fullscreen anymore.

And I just got PowerDVD 6. Damn.

Same here, but I purchased my at the end of April. Support said I will be getting an email in regards to a free upgrade.

There are NO such settings to change in windvd/mpc.

i don't know about windvd, i don't use it, but MPC has a "dynamic range control" setting in the AC3 filter properties.

-andy-

I stuck with PowerDVD 5 before, and it looks like I'm still going to.

PowerDVD 6 tried to take over all my file associations without asking; I won't put up with that. It got deleted very quickly. It was nice to see they corrected this in PowerDVD 7 but the interface is really ugly and I don't see anything worth upgrading to. Product activation, whoopee. As if I haven't had enough of that already. No thanks Cyberlink, PowerDVD 5 works just fine, has a nice interface, and that's the end of the line for me. I just want to watch movies on my PC from time to time. If I want a home theater experience guess where I'm going to go watch my DVDs? That's right, my living room.

I don't know, it does the same for me with XviD 1.2 SMP 28/02/06 (comes with AutoGK 1.27) installed. I never had a problems with previous versions of PowerDVD.

You can edit the skin by editing Mercury.dll with a Resource Hacker. :)

Here's a screenshot of my edited skin...

post-20663-1146736576_thumb.jpg

You can change the colour themes by right clicking the time display.

It also has a Taskbar Skin (Right click on the Taskbar -> Toolbars -> Select PowerDVD 7).

when you edit that background do the icons(DTS, Neo, CPRM, AAC) stay?

w00t Thanks for the update :) does this build have the Media Center Plugin by any chance because my PowerDVD 6 deluxe has it?

Looks like they've done some work on Adaptive CyberLink Eagle Vision 2 (CLEV-2).

My Althon XP 2700+ (Barton) couldnt handle it in PowerDVD6, but it works and looks great with PowerDVD 7. Still uses about 75% CPU since theres no hardware acceleration, but I'll take it. Even works on HD content (ts streams).

when you edit that background do the icons(DTS, Neo, CPRM, AAC) stay?

You can change the position or remove the icons by editing or removing the FeatureIcon part in Skin.xml.

Here's a skin without the icons, GreenFields background + some other changes...

? ?post-20663-1147166643_thumb.jpgGreenFields.zip (2,65 MB)b>

Does anyone know how I could get it to play XviD? With FFDShow it just hangs.

same problem here as well

xvids here played very well on Power dvd 6

• 2 weeks later...

hey herby i wanted to just change the color of the bg on the Onyx skin but which file do i edit in ResHack i would also like to know please, thanks :)

which file in reshacker is the background? tnx
hey herby i wanted to just change the color of the bg on the Onyx skin but which file do i edit in ResHack i would also like to know please, thanks :)

How to remove the Glasses, the DVD logo, the Feature Icons and change the background:

Open the skin file (dll) with a resource hacker and edit the following files:

Resource.xml:

You can change the name of the skin in the Skin Name section.

Remove the lines with GLASS_BMP* and DVD_WORDING_BMP* (Initial Picture section).

It should look like this:

<!-- Initial Picture -->
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP16X9" file="Initial\face_1280x720.png"/>
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP4X3" file="Initial\face_1280x1024.png"/>

<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP16X9_HI" file="Initial_HI\face_1920x1080.png"/>
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP4X3_HI" file="Initial_HI\face_1920x1440.png"/>

Skin.xml:

Delete the "Glass" and the "DVD Wording" sections in the Video section.

It should look like this:

<!-- Video -->
<ResizablePage name="Display Video" DefaultWidth="768" DefaultHeight="432" MinimumWidth="400" MinimumHeight="350" 

AllowFullScreen="TRUE">
<Video name="Main Video" left="0" top="0" right="768" bottom="432" ResizeStretchX="100" ResizeStretchY="100" 

KeepAspectRatioWhenFullScreen="TRUE">

<!-- Low resolution ones (wide) -->
<Image name="Background" left="0" top="0" right="768" bottom="432" ShowInVideo="FALSE" ShowInVisualization="FALSE" 

ResizeOffsetX="0" ResizeOffsetY="0" ResizeStretchX="100" ResizeStretchY="100" BestResolutionX="1280" BestResolutionY="720">
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP16X9" left="0" top="0" right="1280" bottom="720"/>
</Image>

<!-- Low resolution ones (Normal) -->
<Image name="Background" left="0" top="0" right="768" bottom="432" ShowInVideo="FALSE" ShowInVisualization="FALSE" 

ResizeOffsetX="0" ResizeOffsetY="0" ResizeStretchX="100" ResizeStretchY="100" BestResolutionX="1280" 

BestResolutionY="1024">
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP4X3" left="0" top="0" right="1280" bottom="960"/>
</Image>

<!-- High resolution ones (Wide)-->			
<!-- <Image name="Background" left="0" top="0" right="768" bottom="432" ShowInVideo="FALSE" ShowInVisualization="FALSE" 

ResizeOffsetX="0" ResizeOffsetY="0" ResizeStretchX="100" ResizeStretchY="100" BestResolutionX="1920" 

BestResolutionY="1080">
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP16X9_HI" left="0" top="0" right="1920" bottom="1080"/>
</Image>
-->	
<!-- High resolution ones (Normal)-->			
<!-- <Image name="Background" left="0" top="0" right="768" bottom="432" ShowInVideo="FALSE" ShowInVisualization="FALSE" 

ResizeOffsetX="0" ResizeOffsetY="0" ResizeStretchX="100" ResizeStretchY="100" BestResolutionX="1920" 

BestResolutionY="1440">
<Bitmap name="FACE_BMP4X3_HI" left="0" top="0" right="1920" bottom="1440"/>
</Image>
-->
<Command name="Video"/>
<Command name="Main Express"/>
<Command name="Zoom"/>
<Hotspot region="0,0,768,432"/>
</Video>

Remove the Feature Icons -> remove the FeatureIcon part in the Video section.

Remove the Upgrade button -> remove the BigBang part in the Video Panel section.

Image:

Delete INITIAL\01.PNG ~ INITIAL\DVD_66.PNG + replace INITIAL\FACE_1280X1024.PNG and INITIAL\FACE_1280X720.PNG with the png's that you want to use.

Bitmap:

Replace PLAYBACKPANEL\THUMBNAIL.BMP with a thumbnail from your edited skin (156x105).

? ?post-20663-1148039254_thumb.jpg? Onyx_II.zip/b> ( 999 KB )