Cyberlink's PowerDVD 7 Deluxe/Standard

Here's another one; I've removed the Glasses, DVD logo, Feature Icons, Logos & the Upgrade button + made the Taskbar Skin smaller & changed the background.

? ?post-20663-1148050392_thumb.jpg

? ?[attachmentid=15871? Lightning.zip] ( 1,25 MB )

post-20663-1148050404.jpg

Here's another one; I've removed the Glasses, DVD logo, Feature Icons, Logos & the Upgrade button + made the Taskbar Skin smaller & changed the background.

post-20663-1148050392_thumb.jpg

post-20663-1148050404.jpg

? Lightning.zip> ( 1,25 MB )

damn nice job on that... i hated seeing the default... anychance you can make a nice bliss one... or just a standard one for XP?

damn nice job on that... i hated seeing the default... anychance you can make a nice bliss one... or just a standard one for XP?

I've updated the GreenFields skin -> all buttons have a brighter colour. :)

? ?post-20663-1148137620_thumb.jpgGreenFields.zip (2,65 MB)b>

Thank you my friend for the great skins, especially for the lightning one. I would like to ask if anyone knows a way to stop the toolbar from showing up when in fullscreen mode. It's pretty annoying to me see it every time the mouse makes a single move :crazy: . The programmers have also removed the option to completely disable it from the preferences which was available in older version such as 6 :angry: . Any help? :( Such as editing the registry or any xml I suppose. :unsure:

Thanks for the Thankyou's! :)

Thank you my friend for the great skins, especially for the lightning one. I would like to ask if anyone knows a way to stop the toolbar from showing up when in fullscreen mode. It's pretty annoying to me see it every time the mouse makes a single move :crazy: . The programmers have also removed the option to completely disable it from the preferences which was available in older version such as 6 :angry: . Any help? :( Such as editing the registry or any xml I suppose. :unsure:

You can edit the time before it hides by editing Skin.xml -> Full Screen Panel section -> <AutoHideAnimation> -> change duration="3000" (= 3 seconds) to for example duration="500" (= ? second).

You can stop it from showing by editing Skin.xml -> Full Screen Panel section -> change AutoShowWhenMouseMove="TRUE" to AutoShowWhenMouseMove="FALSE"

Here's another one:

? ?[attachmentid=159082Luminous_Mushroom.zip (1,00 MB)/b>

+ I've changed the AutoHideDuration from all skins to 500.

post-20663-1148409613_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Thankyou's! :)

You can edit the time before it hides by editing Skin.xml -> Full Screen Panel section -> <AutoHideAnimation> -> change duration="3000" (= 3 seconds) to for example duration="500" (= ? second).

You can stop it from showing by editing Skin.xml -> Full Screen Panel section -> change AutoShowWhenMouseMove="TRUE" to AutoShowWhenMouseMove="FALSE"

Thanx for the answer but I'm a bit newbie and I don't fully understand your guide. Could you give me a detailed description on how to completely stop it from showing? (including what program is necessary to use).

Thanx for the answer but I'm a bit newbie and I don't fully understand your guide. Could you give me a detailed description on how to completely stop it from showing? (including what program is necessary to use).

Open the skin with Resource Hacker.

Expand the XML "Folder" - expand the SKIN.XML "Folder" - select 1033.

Select "Save Resource as a binary file ..." in the Action menu and save it as SKIN.XML.

Open SKIN.XML with notepad and search (Ctrl+F) for AutoShowWhenMouseMove.

Change the value to FALSE.

Search for AutoHideAnimation and change the duration value to 0 (default is 3000) and save the file.

Right click on 1033 in Resource Hacker and select "Replace Resource ...".

Click on "Open file with new resource..." and select the modified SKIN.XML.

Resource Type: XML

Resource Name: SKIN.XML

Resource Language: 1033

Select Replace and save the skin. :)

hmm got a serial number free with my gfx card, should work with this version i hope.....altho last time I used this the quality of the video wasnt as good as when i play it in MediaPlayerClassic....

Open the skin with Resource Hacker.

Expand the XML "Folder" - expand the SKIN.XML "Folder" - select 1033.

Select "Save Resource as a binary file ..." in the Action menu and save it as SKIN.XML.

Open SKIN.XML with notepad and search (Ctrl+F) for AutoShowWhenMouseMove.

Change the value to FALSE.

Search for AutoHideAnimation and change the duration value to 0 (default is 3000) and save the file.

Right click on 1033 in Resource Hacker and select "Replace Resource ...".

Click on "Open file with new resource..." and select the modified SKIN.XML.

Resource Type: XML

Resource Name: SKIN.XML

Select Replace and save the skin. :)

Thank you so much. :D I'm so grateful to u. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Nice skins indeed :) i love the black mushroom, number 1 for me from now on :D

Default was really crap although cyberlink changed it a little bit in updated version, is still crap :no:

btw there was a question about xvid content playing on PDVD7 earlier in the post, i found that rather not good as PDVD6 & 5 didn't have problems with xvid :huh: Anybody knows something in that matter?

im still using PowerDVD 4 from when i got my first DVD rom drive, works good, but cant update to new builds :(

Nice skins indeed :) i love the black mushroom, number 1 for me from now on :D

Default was really crap although cyberlink changed it a little bit in updated version, is still crap :no:

btw there was a question about xvid content playing on PDVD7 earlier in the post, i found that rather not good as PDVD6 & 5 didn't have problems with xvid :huh: Anybody knows something in that matter?

I'm glad you like them :), I guess that you have to be "made in Taiwan" to like the default skins. :D

I've created some more skins,.. you can view and download them here.

Differences between these and the default skins (Mercury & Onyx):

Removed: Glasses, DVD logo, Feature Icons, Cyberlink Logo's, colour themes & the Upgrade button.

Changed the AutoHideDuration (Fullscreen) to 1000 (= 1 second) instead of 3000, changed the Background, changed the Step backward and Step forward buttons and commands to Rewind and Fast forward.

You can still use the Step backward and Step forward buttons in the Undocked Player Panel and the Control Wheel Mode or by using the Shortcut Keys: Ctrl+B (Step backward) and T (Step forward).

I've got the same Xvid bug. :/

• 2 weeks later...

can any one tell me wat is the following data applied in INITIAL\FACE_1024X768 AND INITIAL\FACE_1024X1024 for the following

Resource Type:

Resource Name:

Resource Language

• 2 weeks later...

Your skin are really awesome, Herby!!! :) Thank you very much for posting them! "Lightning" is my all time favorite!

Since you seem to be a real expert on creating skins for PowerDVD, there is one thing I would like to ask you:

I prefer using PowerDVD with the navigation Panel being UNDOCKED from the screen. However the docked mode seems to be the default setting since each time I restart PowerDVD the navigation panel is again docked to the screen. Now, do you know if there is a way to make the UNDOCKED mode the default one and to keep the navigation panel undocked even when switching to fullscreen mode (just as it used to be in PowerDVD 6)? I tried playing around with the SKIN.XML but unfortunately I didn't succeed. :( :no:

If you know how to do it, please tell me! I would really appreciate your help! :)

can any one tell me wat is the following data applied in INITIAL\FACE_1024X768 AND INITIAL\FACE_1024X1024 for the following

Resource Type:

Resource Name:

Resource Language

Resource Type: PNG

Resource Name: FACE_1024X768 (& FACE_1024X1024)

Your skin are really awesome, Herby!!! :) Thank you very much for posting them! "Lightning" is my all time favorite!

Since you seem to be a real expert on creating skins for PowerDVD, there is one thing I would like to ask you:

I prefer using PowerDVD with the navigation Panel being UNDOCKED from the screen. However the docked mode seems to be the default setting since each time I restart PowerDVD the navigation panel is again docked to the screen. Now, do you know if there is a way to make the UNDOCKED mode the default one and to keep the navigation panel undocked even when switching to fullscreen mode (just as it used to be in PowerDVD 6)? I tried playing around with the SKIN.XML but unfortunately I didn't succeed. :( :no:

If you know how to do it, please tell me! I would really appreciate your help! :)

Glad you like 'em. :)

Have a look at this topic for some more: PowerDVD 7 Skins

About the undocked Player Panel: I don't know a solution yet but I'll look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I'm new here.

I've read everything you guys have written, but nothing works! Ex; you say the name of the background is INITIAL~01 something, but I can only find "INITIAL\POWERDVD7_1280X1024.PNG".

I've managed to extract the background, but when replacing, somewhere I do something wrong!

I use;

Type: PNG

Name: POWERDVD7_1280X1024

Language: 1033

But then the original background is still there! And when I extract the background I just replace, the old one is still there!! What could I possibly do wrong? I'm in desperate need of help here!

• 2 months later...