Windows Vista Build 5504

For anyone here curious about upcoming builds, Utakz has an interesting tidbit about the upcoming RC1 builds:

Now, on to an exclusive bit of news reguarding Windows Vista RC1. Last week, on Friday, Microsoft made a branch for the RC1 Milestone build. The branch is known as 'vista_rc1' and began with build 5504.16385.vista_rc1. Don't confuse this with the RC1 winmain branch that began with the build 5420.0.winmain.060427-1900 back in April, because that branch is still pressing on and will most likely see a build number jump soon enough. By the way, I should note that 5504.16385 is effectively equal to the build 5489.0.winmain which was built the same day. Alot of you will notice that 5504 caries a new revision numbering scheme. However, this scheme was causing problems in 5504 (ex: The Windows Sidebar wouldn't work) and was temporarily removed with build 5505.0.vista_rc1.060731-2200, but you can still expect this new revision number system to be in the next interim build released to the Technical Beta Program. I will also say that you should expect RC1 to milestone later on this month and at least one interim build from the vista_rc1 branch should be released to the Windows Vista Technical Beta Program between now and that milestone.

Btw about the THICKER windows Boarders on Utakz blogs.

He says that he simply enlarged them for his liking. There not like that out of box.

From - AeroXP

It's an improvement. Not sure if I understand the meaning of the different colored folders tho: Why are the Contacts, Desktop, Searches and Videos folders yellow and the Documents, Favorites, Music and Pictures folders blue/greenish?

It's an improvement. Not sure if I understand the meaning of the different colored folders tho: Why are the Contacts, Desktop, Searches and Videos folders yellow and the Documents, Favorites, Music and Pictures folders blue/greenish?

the teal colored folders are the new user folders. They also made a DVD case with a DVD poping out of it, as the main "vista features" type of icon.

the teal colored folders are the new user folders. They also made a DVD case with a DVD poping out of it, as the main "vista features" type of icon.

Right, so I guess they still need to update the remaining folders like Videos to match?

the different colored folders are supposed to be special folders akin to "virtual folders". they just redirect you elsewhere

I believe those are light blue. At least they used to be.

I hope you can change the icon colors lol :)

Alright, and where is Utakz getting his source? Without any credible piece of information, he's just another kid blabbering about Vista.

I wish people would get a clue before they went about running there mouth because they just end up looking very very foolish ...kinda like yourself if this instance.

Excactly...I'm interested in new builds, because I'm interested in Windows Vista and it's development.

So I'm looking forward to see a new Build (an I'm not crying :p)

I wish people would get a clue before they went about running there mouth because they just end up looking very very foolish ...kinda like yourself if this instance.

Yeah, because we know Utakz has never been wrong before, like in *cough* his "prediction" of the vectorized Aero UI that should've been here by now...

He's not the kind of guy that tend to post fake screenshots though, but it's always healthy with a minimum amount of auto-rallying behind even more or less known Vista profiles when it comes to any sort of unsourced Vista information.

Edited by Jugalator

Yeah, because we know Utakz has never been wrong before, like in *cough* his "prediction" of the vectorized Aero UI that should've been here by now...

I didn't know Vista was already RTM..

Wait it's still beta, it even hasn't pass beta Tag..

Can you see the future?? :laugh:

I hope you can change the icon colors lol :)

Didn't check (not running Vista here right now) but wouldn't be nice to be able to change the taskbar colors on each of the builtin Vista applications ?

Some I have to say are not very pretty like the one for IE7.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista. The Customer Preview Program is now closed. We have reached our program capacity and no new orders are being accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The information on this page is intended for Customer Preview Program participants. Participants will receive an e-mail message with additional information when Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available later this year. Thank you for testing Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

He's not the kind of guy that tend to post fake screenshots though, but it's always healthy with a minimum amount of auto-rallying behind even more or less known Vista profiles when it comes to any sort of unsourced Vista information.

If I had to bet money on it I would say that Aero Diamond is coming either in RC1 or RC2 ...vector glass is no more, and really never even was anything anyways, Aero Diamond still exists and will be coming eventually. As a certain person mentioned else where...Microsoft is holding onto a lot of visual "goodies" that they know already work that do not need to be thoroughly tested...therefore they can hold onto these "goodies" until the last moment so that Apple won't copy them there will still be something genuinely shocking and exciting about Vista. We'll see...