Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh - Tomorrow

I will be a patch to be applied over B2

I never knew you was the Technical Refresh that would be applied over Beta 2? :s

And yes you need Beta 2 installed for this supposedly.

Cant wait.

Like Beta 2, the Technical Refresh will be available for public download at a cost of $1.50, a nominal fee Microsoft has added in order to recoup some of the distribution fees associated with the beta. Current Beta 2 customers, however, will receive the update free of charge.

For those users, the Technical Refresh will be distributed via the Web as a patch that is installed over Beta 2.

Source: BetaNews

you are kidding right ? windows 95 is over dood time to upgrade :p

i'm looking forward to the refresh ... my biggest request is that they bring the word art from excel into word ... and make access more stable, it crashes left right and center !

from what i have seen, the 'refreshed' UI looks good ... i like the smaller 'orb' and im looking forward to the collapsable ribbons, they are ridiculously large in beta 2 and it drives me crazy.

On the first page of this thread, oqwarrior said 9am PST. I've read the same time elsewhere. Go to one of the time zone converter sites and it'll work it out for you in local time. :yes:

how long to wait now? its 7:00 am now here in germany (gmt+1)

any idea what's new?

Jensen Harris' blog has a short-list of UI changes including:

• Improved support for the minimized Ribbon
  • Visual redesign of the "Northwest" corner of the programs
  • Double-click the Office Button to close the window
  • Silver color scheme

A full changelog will also be made available when the TR's released.

Time of release is always given in Redmond time. If you have loaded Vista ever notice what time is on the clock when it asks you to set the time?

Mine always comes up with the right British time :|

Ugh.. so many things to download this month.... my quota... can't take it much more...

(Vista RC1, Company of Heroes Demo, now this... :'( )

I only get a 40 GB quota :/ Easily gone over, let's hope my ISP doesn't complain!

I assume this TR is being released 8:00 am GMT (British/London time)?