Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh - Tomorrow

yea it really is a patch :(

god thats so annoying. MS needs to learn what a patch is

anyways im just about done downloading beta2

I am sure Microsoft knows what they're doing :rolleyes:

already installed it. Seems better but there are some errors with files not being the correct one. Oh and I got 750kb/s all the way through and it took about 7 min to download. The speeds arent bad.

Edited by S7R1K3R

Installed Beta 2, then went to install this and at the end I get an error, Installation cannot be completed. It looks like it ran though, because I have new Icons. Now when I launch Outlook I get system resources not available. Guess its back to 2003.

win95 + wordpad has been ok till now... i need some extra features they never ended up implementing though.

will this work on win95?

If Office 2003 is not supported on Windows 9x, why would Office 2007 be supported????

Can someone please explain exactly how to download/where Beta2TR? I'm a member of the technical beta and I can't even figure out how to get this. The beta page says to go to the Office 2007 Beta Preview page to get it, but that wants to charge me $1.50. Microsoft says on the Beta page that Beta2TR is available there for no charge, but it isnt. I can't find the download on the technical beta page either.

Can someone please explain exactly how to download/where Beta2TR? I'm a member of the technical beta and I can't even figure out how to get this. The beta page says to go to the Office 2007 Beta Preview page to get it, but that wants to charge me $1.50. Microsoft says on the Beta page that Beta2TR is available there for no charge, but it isnt. I can't find the download on the technical beta page either.

just folllow the link that they provide in the email or log into betaplace. Look for "2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 Technical Refresh" from the list

just folllow the link that they provide in the email or log into betaplace. Look for "2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 Technical Refresh" from the list

Nope, the only links in the email are to slide shows talking about how to install Beta2TR that don't work , nothing about actually CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD BETA2TR

And I cant find such a file on betaplace either.

Anyone having trouble openning beta 2 "old" files? like, docx, xlsx created prior refresh 2?

Yeah! Nothing will open!! :o

Any ideas?

75% done, going fairly slowly because I refuse to turn utorrent off :shifty:

Hopefully yours won't be a screwed version, seems most people's can't open any documents

UPDATE - If you have this error and have norton installed, go to norton options and turn off Office plug in and files should open now, works for me

Edited by Peewee210

I hope so too. For now, the install is taking absolutely forever on Vista.

Offtopic: Why are you using Norton. I would seriously recommend you to use something else :/

Edit: Screenshot!

post-51806-1158269414_thumb.jpg

Edited by slimy

Can Beta 2 be installed on Vista RC1 in order to upgrade to Beta 2 TR? (Using that 500 MB Patch). Or do you need to pay $1.50 to download the full install of Beta 2 TR in order to install on Vista? (I have the Beta 2 installer as I was an Office 12 tester).

bit off topic but can anyone recommend a download manager for Vista to get this coz ive tried 3 times now, getting to 300mb downloaded and it stops... quite frustrating when i got a download quota...