Vista on MSDN!

woohoo! download is slow as hell! oh well, cool beans!

I'm getting 700-800 Kbps!

Yeah, I'm averaging about 60KBps or so. Even though it is slow - its constant... and I can't install Vista until this weekend anyway :) So no rush here.

Same here, 60k.... But I was hoping for a little faster, MS servers are better than that. They must be limiting the bandwidth because of the flood of download...

No x64.... Wonder why?

And the best part... Nothing about this on the Beta Newsgroup.

Whoohoo!! I was hoping for this... downloading now at descent speed. :) Going to install it tomorrow.

Last time I tried Vista was with Beta 2, so I think I'm going to be very pleased with this. :D

Was that Ultimate?

Yup, as far as I know, there will only be two releases, because the DVD contains everything necessary from home basic to ultimate.

Just saw this over at Bink.nu: http://bink.nu/Article8871.bink

Date/Time Posted

2006-11-16 21:56:18 (UTC)

File

en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso ISO-9660 DVD Image

File Size

2555 MB

SHA-1 Hash

b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

Description

This single download includes the following Windows Vista editions:

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Business N

Windows Vista Home Basic

Windows Vista Home Basic N

Windows Vista Home Premium

Windows Vista Starter

Windows Vista Ultimate

The product key used to install Windows Vista will determine which edition will be installed. The product keys used to install Windows Vista Business N, Windows Vista Home Basic N, and Windows Vista Starter are not currently available.

Screenshot

Checksum comparision to "lesser-legal" Vista RTM release:

en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso = b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso (BG) = b82590481755ba3420e7314bf82b8916a90963b5

NOT the same. Download almost complete as we speak :D

damn i double posted :\

en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso = b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso (BG) = b82590481755ba3420e7314bf82b8916a90963b5

NOT the same. Download almost complete as we speak

Oh well, now they say it's on CONNECT too for Beta Testers.... But not everybody and it's still not clear who can have it. It's said that if you filed bug reports, you can have it. But I'm not seeing it on Connect as of now.

And YES, I did filed many bug reports... So maybe it's not the only thing required...

To answer a previous question more fully, yes they supply an Ultimate key on MSDN, but this is in the description:

This single download includes the following Windows Vista editions:

- Windows Vista Business

- Windows Vista Business N

- Windows Vista Home Basic

- Windows Vista Home Basic N

- Windows Vista Home Premium

- Windows Vista Starter

- Windows Vista Ultimate

The product key used to install Windows Vista will determine which edition will be installed.

nice i got an invitation to download it from connect, they told me which version i wanted to download , of course i chose ultimate, yay!! lol

edit: downloading images now, the key they say i will receive it on my email next week :)

Oh well, now they say it's on CONNECT too for Beta Testers.... But not everybody and it's still not clear who can have it. It's said that if you filed bug reports, you can have it. But I'm not seeing it on Connect as of now.

And YES, I did filed many bug reports... So maybe it's not the only thing required...

ya I'm a bit confused as well since I filed a number of bugs about Media centre. Some were resolved, some had already been reported. I'm not hugely bothered since I can get it from work, But I'd rather the copy of Ulimate they are giving out :p

nice i got an invitation to download it from connect, they told me which version i wanted to download , of course i chose ultimate, yay!! lol

edit: downloading images now, the key they say i will receive it on my email next week :)

How did you get an invite? I was a beta tester and I submitted a bunch of bugs did they email you?