Nero Burning Rom Goes Free!

Nero Burning Rom Free 9.4.12.3

What?s better than free? Free forever! Nero offers you the chance to enjoy Nero?s world-renowned data disc burning and copying features for an unlimited time, absolutely FREE! Enjoy basic data burning and copying capabilities for your CDs and DVDs from the world?s most trusted digital media brand, Nero. This version of Nero 9 contains simply data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs. Additional features and functionality are available with an upgrade to Nero 9 full versiNOTE:E: To keep your system clean, it is recommended to deselect the Ask toolbar options during the installation.

Source, screens & download[/b]ad

Nero Free Home Page[/b]ge

Thanks!

Too bad that it's so bloated they had to give it away...

(Or is the new version "that" much better?)

Edit : Download failed. Guess it's popular? :|

Their FTP link isn't working right at the moment, it seems. I get "invalid download link" when I try to download it.

Working download links

Well... Don't get too excited... It's a VERY VERY stripeed down version of Nero BR.

If you're an Ashampoo user, don't bother installing this one... or maybe just for the fun of it...

IMHO they shouldn't have even bother releasing it... :D

Stripped down as in removed all the crap or stripped down as in "can barely burn a disc". ?

Looking at the Nero 9 free website it says under 'Restrictions':

This version of Nero 9 contains simply data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs. Additional features and functionality are available with an upgrade to Nero 9 full version.

I am happy with BurnAware Pro, does everything I need it to do, and only 24MB when it's installed.

Stripped down as in removed all the crap or stripped down as in "can barely burn a disc". ?

The bloatware is indeed gone... heck, 55MB :)

But... you can only burn, copy and erase a disc

No advanced options, no dual panel, no overburn... you can't even select a specific speed

post-129827-1248961661_thumb.png

It this ain't a joke... I don't know what is...

On use, they've taken too much out. I never thought I'd say that about a recent Nero product, but hey.

Pretty good of Nero to release a free edition, but personally I use advanced bits like Nerovision so this is of little use to me. I am still using Nero 8 anyway, I haven't seen anything in 9 that I need

What a pathetic joke!!

It's so stripped of features that it's barely usable....good job!!

Most of this is integrated into Win 7 anyways so screw Nero.

It this ain't a joke... I don't know what is...
This version of Nero 9 contains simply data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs. Additional features and functionality are available with an upgrade to Nero 9 full version.

Um, I downloaded and installed this :(

I'll just go uninstall it now :/

Free? More like "Pathetic"

If you're an Ashampoo user, don't bother installing this one... or maybe just for the fun of it...

Thanks for the advice. I think I will skip it.

k3b works nicely for me, has all of the "advanced" features, and it's real free software, not free as in crappy, stripped of functionality or bloatware.

I've used k3b on Linux, it's a great application. I wish someone would figure out how to port it over to Windows! I used to know of a site where you could get Linux applications that were ported over to Windows, unfortunately I don't remember the name of that site.

I've used k3b on Linux, it's a great application. I wish someone would figure out how to port it over to Windows! I used to know of a site where you could get Linux applications that were ported over to Windows, unfortunately I don't remember the name of that site.

http://windows.kde.org/

Don't know if k3b is stable enough on Windows right now, but some other KDE applications work flawlessly.

http://windows.kde.org/

Don't know if k3b is stable enough on Windows right now, but some other KDE applications work flawlessly.

No, that's not the site, the site I mentioned had a tonne of Linux software (office apps, games, media players, etc) ported over to Windows. Not to mention, I wouldn't forget KDE.org.

No, that's not the site, the site I mentioned had a tonne of Linux software (office apps, games, media players, etc) ported over to Windows. Not to mention, I wouldn't forget KDE.org.

Maybe it's Cygwin? http://www.cygwin.com/

Just mentioned the KDE for Windows site as it provides k3b for use in Windows.