Trying to identify a song

One of my wife's 'Facebook friends' is trying to figure out who sings a song, it has lyrics like this:

I heard a woman cry oh how can this be, my son is in the distance lands protecting you and me.

I tried to search google, but it yielded nothing! Any help would be appreciated!

Google "search songs by lyrics" and then type a single sentence that you are utmost sure. Then it will give you results cuz I also searched a song once this way.

It would be great if we had a definite line from the song, rather than the "lyrics like this" above.

Also, if that lyric is a definite line then I think it would be "my son is in the distant lands protecting you and me." But googling that doesn't bring up anything either.

Tell her to buy a smart phone, download Soundhound and to sing the song in the mic. :p Best chance of success! haha

One of my wife's 'Facebook friends' is trying to figure out who sings a song, it has lyrics like this:

I tried to search google, but it yielded nothing! Any help would be appreciated!