Lulz Sec claims to have hacked Nintendo's site

Lulz Security is the group of hackers that have been going after Sony lately, and now it seems that they may have turned their attention to Nintendo. According to the group's official Twitter account, they messed around with Nintendo's website to see where the security loopholes were. You can check out their 'work' at the link below.

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/76782021116051457

Interesting turn of events, why Nintendo? They haven't exactly done anything to **** people off as of late.

I dont think they care

This is just for lulz ....

Well, I wonder if I should be changing my Nintendo password now or wait for the story to break. If they're site has an active exploit and I change my password, they might get my new one too. Effing BlackHats!

This is becoming annoying. I'll be so happy when they're in jail, which at the rate they are going shouldn't be much longer.

Becoming annoying? It's been annoying for as long as it's been going on, especially with some idiots defending the actions of groups such as this one for their "Robin Hood-esque" behavior, which it really isn't considering they just want to sell users' data.

This is becoming annoying. I'll be so happy when they're in jail, which at the rate they are going shouldn't be much longer.

+1 I totally agree, i hope they slip up and get busted.

+1 I totally agree, i hope they slip up and get busted.

Maybe these dudes are just looking for jobs, like at Sony or wherever. :rolleyes:

They will get caught soon. There is always someone smarter than you.

Which means they could be smarter than the people that are smarter than them...

Nintendo deserve that for... errr... making rubbish games? Where's the 1000 page thread condemning Nintendo's security systems/business practices/sympathising with the hackers? Seriously, I don't get why anyone thought this was some kind of "sticking it to the evil Sony" thing. They are hackers, they are stealing data, they are making money off of it - the same as all the other hackers and data thieves that operate on a daily basis. Sooner these idiots are caught the better.

For those who don't want to look at the data linked or don't understand it, it is an Apache server configuration file for all of Nintendo's sites (it lists each domain they own). As far as I know, to have access to this you have to have gained access to the server software itself (unlike SQL injection, or guessing an FTP password). Which means they probably have access to everything on Nintendo's server(s). I'm no expert - I am just going on my limited experience with running Apache for website testing.

They'll probably target Microsoft next, although I think they'd perhaps be a tougher target.

What is wrong with these creeps? I'm just glad they're doing their damage virtually instead of destroying everything they see in real life.

The saddest thing is that these sadistic ****ers are attacking Japanese companies that are trying hard to recover back after the quake. If they are classy, they should go attacking the Chinese companies. Oh wait, maybe they are on the same sides after all. I wish I can storm off these guys houses and shoot every single one of them dead. If they scream, I will just bitch slap them until their heads fall off. Go **** yourself, you **********ers ...

What is wrong with these creeps? I'm just glad they're doing their damage virtually instead of destroying everything they see in real life.

This virtual damage costs people millions of real life money and resources. Just because you can't see and touch the things they're destroying doesn't mean they don't cost money. Sony is giving away free games, paying third parties to investigate the intrusions and all sorts of stuff. How much money is Sony out because somebody thought it was their holy duty prove a point?

45 seconds and I can tell you this much about them, or at least their webserver. They are located in the Bahamas. Phone number +852.81720004, and their host is http://www.internetbs.net and the lulzsecurity.com site is hosted on a server that runs some kind of Linux OS.

They're not invincible, and if I can find that much out using free software in the Debian repos, in less than 2 minutes, they're going to run into some serious issues if they keep ****ing in everybody's Cheerios.

This virtual damage costs people millions of real life money and resources. Just because you can't see and touch the things they're destroying doesn't mean they don't cost money. Sony is giving away free games, paying third parties to investigate the intrusions and all sorts of stuff. How much money is Sony out because somebody thought it was their holy duty prove a point?

45 seconds and I can tell you this much about them, or at least their webserver. They are located in the Bahamas. Phone number +852.81720004, and their host is http://www.internetbs.net and the lulzsecurity.com site is hosted on a server that runs some kind of Linux OS.

They're not invincible, and if I can find that much out using free software in the Debian repos, in less than 2 minutes, they're going to run into some serious issues if they keep ****ing in everybody's Cheerios.

Lol that information helps no one, it's common for people to register domains and web servers in different countries to avoid detection. They're certainly not invincible but they are no doubt covering their tracks

This virtual damage costs people millions of real life money and resources.

I'm not talking fiscally. Just that in terms of shock factor, I'm glad they haven't resorted to petrol bombing Sony's factories... not that they would - because it's quite apparent these are the biggest cowards on the Internet.

That information you provided doesn't really say much about them or show any potential weaknesses in their server.

Maybe these dudes are just looking for jobs, like at Sony or wherever. :rolleyes:

If they wanted jobs in security they'd be attending Defcon not pulling crap like this.