I did something naughty...

Wait... I came here looking for pr0n...

switched band on us did ya?

Why did you choose to go the canon way instead of upgrading to nikon? ( since you were already a nikon owner)

I dunno, I've always been drawn to Canon (think I went for the Nikon originally because it was cheaper, was on a tight budget)

And because this lens is the best lens in the world :D

Meh! Already got one of those. :yes:

Very nice, done some nice shots with it. Heavy but awesome!

Got mine in May 2008. Guessing the price has gone up since then. Yep. about $300.

$1500? Cheap. 70-200s are more.

... just because your bolded statement is true, doesn't make your italicized statement true...

But sure if you want it like that,

$2500? Cheap. 200 f/2s are more.

And congrats to OP!!

I will be posting shots but I've got like, 6 months backlog of shots to post from my Nikon first!

I've been lazy :p (to be honest there's not that many worth posting but I really have to get everything in order AND design a new website!)

... just because your bolded statement is true, doesn't make your italicized statement true...

But sure if you want it like that,

$2500? Cheap. 200 f/2s are more.

For brand name f2.8 zoom glass, $1500 is on the low side.

*edit* Although... now that I think about it, I think some of canon's lenses are cheaper than Nikon's equivalents.

But that doesn't mean a $1,500 lens is a cheap lens... If by saying that you must mean in the context of "professional lenses"... but if you are looking at it that way, well then you can also say he bought the MOST expensive 24-70 f/2.8 lens he possibly could have for canon... mentioning a 70-200 doesn't really make sense either because they're meant for two different styles of photography, which is why I said a 200 f/2, to emphasize that fact, and there are cheaper f/2.8 brand name zoom lenses.. Nikons 80-200 f/2.8 for example is around $1100, but now I'm sort of going off topic (and I am aware it doesn't have VR etc. I was just matching your given criteria of brand name f/2.8 zoom haha)

*edit* Although... now that I think about it, I think some of canon's lenses are cheaper than Nikon's equivalents.

Definitely true

:( Nikon lenses have become so expensive after the price hikes. But I'd agree $1500 is a "cheap" (good) price.

Exactly, if you word it like that I agree, $1500 is a GREAT (low/cheap) price for such a GREAT lens

The only reason I commented is because crazzy was comparing apples to oranges, his justification for $1500 being cheap was because a 70-200 is more... which is not the right way to look at IMO

The way he said it made it sound as if the lens was not as good because its cheaper than the 70-200, in response to sc302 saying it was freaking expensive I would have said something like, "true $1500 is a lot of money, but for the quality you are getting $1500 is extremely low, it's a fantastic deal"

So, to re-quote crazzy

This I totally agree with, and this should have been his initial response ^

But I really was being over-specific, I should not have been so nit-picky, I am pretty sure the way I interpreted his first response was not how he meant it, and I apologize for that

I'm so disappointed.

I saw the title and had thoughts of all kinds of dirty jokes and responses I could make :p

Then I got here and all there was to be had was a thick.. dark.. hard.. cylinder that gets longer when it sees something you like..

Perhaps my time wasn't entirely wasted.. ;)

That glass is freaking expensive.

Very nice, done some nice shots with it. Heavy but awesome!

I read these and I really thought you were talking about the Coca-Cola glass :laugh: