LulzSec just blew my mind

Studies prove otherwise. Read the "slut pride" thread around here. I posted links throughout that thread that show that what you just stated probably only account for 5% of rapes.

This.

Rapists prey on the vulnerable. People who dress provocatively are usually quite confident and may put up a fight.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether or not you dress like a slut--the fact is, all people are human beings and deserve at least the most basic necessities, such as the right to food, water, shelter, air, and definitely the right to not be touched if you don't want to be. With that having been said, I'll say that I strongly, morally disapprove of people who dress in such a provocative manner. They certainly don't deserve any inhumane treatment, but they do deserve to be shunned and ignored by society. If you can't dress seriously or appropriately, don't expect people to take you seriously or appropriately either. They shouldn't get raped or abused, but there's no surprise when people don't want to talk to or associate with a person like that. These people have rights, and are perfectly free to dress however they want to. Let the rest of society be civilized while these people are not, is what I say. It's not going to make you any friends or people who enjoy being around you, even if you have the right to.

Personally, when I see someone dressed that way in public, I become disgusted and am inclined to turn in the opposite direction of such a person. I believe the feeling is called repulsion, and that's all you're accomplishing when you choose to dress this way... :/

First of all, the world does not work that way. We are all sexual being, and expecting society to ignore someone who actively uses that fact to manipulate others is just plain ignorant. Secondly, one person might experience someone as a slut while others don't. Most of the time these difference are purely based on cultural differences.

Thirdly, saying people are free to dress however they want and then claiming we should ignore them is just plain hypocrisy; as it is obvious you don't want them dressing that way but you're too afraid to admit it.

I imagine a world, a world similar to syndicate wars, I imagine a world in which Eurocorp and the Church of the New Epoch are running, running and causing havok...

And I'd like to add that yes, most services have been broken into, and the majority of them you will never know about.

First of all, the world does not work that way. We are all sexual being, and expecting society to ignore someone who actively uses that fact to manipulate others is just plain ignorant. Secondly, one person might experience someone as a slut while others don't. Most of the time these difference are purely based on cultural differences.

Thirdly, saying people are free to dress however they want and then claiming we should ignore them is just plain hypocrisy; as it is obvious you don't want them dressing that way but you're too afraid to admit it.

1. The world does work that way...now. I don't know if you're thinking about Europe in the early 1500s (when women had to have chaperones at all times when in public due to impending danger), but times have changed. Society has moved on, and advanced somewhat past impulsive motivation.

2. I understand that. However, just because this is the truth that does not mean that humans don't mind even a provocative gesture. They do, in fact. You take any man, have him go up to a woman, and start "provoking" her, and I guarantee you that she will be very upset/angry at him. The reverse is true for men, too. This is also known as sexual harassment, which is seriously frowned upon in society. Dressing like a "slut" in public could be considered sexual harassment, even though you have every legal right to do so.

3. Are you saying therefore that your freedom to dress is limited if you have to consider people ignoring you for it? No. We can assume that if people are free to dress like that, then other people are free to ignore them. After all, are we supposed to pay attention to a person who dresses in such a manner? No. And so it's not hypocrisy, as we are not limiting their freedoms by ignoring such people. If they're going to dress that way, they'll have to deal with the inevitable indifference from the rest of the general population. It's just human nature.

90 percent of these metaphors people are using are stupid at best.

Saying something is stupid without demonstrating how is ineptly vacuous, and stupid.

The only point of the analogies was to illustrate the total shift in accountability from the perpetrator(s) to the victim(s). Saying someone deserves it means the perpetrator is justified. It is the same fallacious logic whether it be rape, bullying, domestic violence, or hacking.

So, can you demonstrate [and please try to do a better job than the troll] how the analogies fail in the context of end-users deserving what happened to them.

Saying something is stupid without demonstrating how is ineptly vacuous, and stupid.

The only point of the analogies was to illustrate the total shift in accountability from the perpetrator(s) to the victim(s). Saying someone deserves it means the perpetrator is justified. It is the same fallacious logic whether it be rape, bullying, domestic violence, or hacking.

So, can you demonstrate [and please try to do a better job than the troll] how the analogies fail in the context of end-users deserving what happened to them.

we are talking about rape metaphors now... clearly it's getting stupid. can we close this thread now?

should I be scared about this kids and ask the fast and effective action of the goverment, so they must release the InternetID for everyone, so they can control every single person on internet.

Yea, we should be really freaked out freaked-out.png and ask to the goverment to control EVERYTHING (more). Thanks to that stupid kids, go and get a job!.

we are talking about rape metaphors now... clearly it's getting stupid. can we close this thread now?

This thread isn't about wishful thinking, saying its stupid doesn't make it so. Would you please like to demonstrate how my analogies were stupid? Or do you just choose to believe they're stupid without demonstrating why because you find yourself unable to refute it?

It gets stupid when one just denounces an idea as stupid without any valid reason why. If you dislike it so much, might be better off if you just stopped posting. Others are posting responses that are at least on topic.

People that talk about maturity and right/wrong obviously didn't understand a thing about their message. You should try reading the statement again and avoid any preconceived ideas in the process.

I have my own servers, it stops being funny when you loose money because of little ****s like this doing ddos attacks. It stops being funny when you have to spend countless hours of your precious free time trying to find all the ip addresses they use. And it definately stops being funny when you loose sleep because of it. Most people fail to realize that internet sites have real people and real money behind them. The only place where scum like this belong is a prison cell.

While I'm certainly not approving of what they're doing, you can't deny that parts of what they say carry some weight. That they're ABLE to do the things they're doing is frankly nothing short of terrifying. Tt's verging on a running joke, and the fact that out there, on the internet, there is now approaching a collection of 100 million user accounts, credit card details, and assorted online identifiable information is potentially the beginning of a catastrophic case of identity theft. The fact that they're doing this is despicable, but more worrying is the fact that the companies that we trust to hold our data seem to have relied a little too heavily on the notion that "it would never happen" to secure our information.

Secondly, these... incidents seem to have exposed some flaws in the way that the internet works on an infrastructure level. Not that there's a need for identification (I have no desire to see an internet where no-one is allowed aliases/anonymity), but that there are issues that - now or in the future - need addressing to implicitly block things such as DDOS attacks. At the moment, only people like the Anon and Lulzsec are abusing the web's structure for their mischief, but as we rapidly approach a time where cyber-terrorism is a real threat, preventative measures need considering to prevent those with specifically malicious intent (not just jokers like the LOIC users and LulzSec) taking down parts of the internet and causing [more] serious socio-economic damage. I can't provide any solutions, but the problems are certainly apparent from recent events, and they're here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Whether or not you approve of their actions, there's no denying that groups like Wikileaks, the Anon and LulzSec are acting as harbingers for an impending war on the internet for control, restriction, and our personal information.

The whole point is that they're showing that large companies are being careless with our private information. Hackers have most likely been doing what they're doing for years but they usually keep the information private so no one knows and they profit from it by stealing from random people and no one usually can pinpoint where the leak came from.

The whole point is that they're showing that large companies are being careless with our private information. Hackers have most likely been doing what they're doing for years but they usually keep the information private so no one knows and they profit from it by stealing from random people and no one usually can pinpoint where the leak came from.

So it is OK in your book to break the law if it is to expose a flaw?

Should I steal from HEB because they don't have guards watching every product? Should I burn a building down in hopes to show the fire department they must make buildings fire proof? Should I wreck into cars to show the reason to have side air bags? Should I trip someone who is running to show them what can come from running? Should I punch everyone in the face I pass to show them the dangers of what a stranger in arms reach can do?

No.

There are ways to go about making a point without being an ass hat. People who choose to act as such, are never on the right. It's like saying the Government should torture people to save lives. It's not right. No one cares about the point when the message is covered in crap.

The right way to do that would be to discover a flaw, announce that a flaw has been found and that you're working with the victim to sort said flaw out.

This is often what happens at these pwn2own contests isnt it? The hackers you should respect are the ones who help bolster the security of a product, not those who do it just because they're twats.

They might be going after the CIA again... for the Lulz... :laugh:

Love them or hate them the guys are good at what they do.

I find the amount of self righteous people on here quite funny. Like they have never downloaded an illegal mp3 or anything else like that. Doing activities like that also hurts companies not just hacking.

So, these guys are the Sid Vicious of internet?

I'm starting to really like them.

I can't believe someone turn a "LulzSec" hacking debate to a raping debate... good job

Someone used rape of a woman dressed "slutty" as an example of someone deserving what they got, comparing it to people who get hacked online because they didn't have good security. Both are equally wrong.

• Like 2

Someone used rape of a woman dressed "slutty" as an example of someone deserving what they got, comparing it to people who get hacked online because they didn't have good security. Both are equally wrong.

Yeah exactly.

@Krome the debate wasn't about rape, it was about the absurdity of somebody using it as an analogy - and then trying to defend the use of it.

• Like 2

It gets stupid when one just denounces an idea as stupid without any valid reason why. If you dislike it so much, might be better off if you just stopped posting. Others are posting responses that are at least on topic.

i really need to explain why using a rape metaphor is a good thing when comparing it to an internet hacking situation? seriously? this conversation goes from talking about a hacking gruop, to why it's good and bad, to someone comparing this situation to a women in slutty clothing, to rape... you don't see where things got stupid there?

• Like 2

The right way to do that would be to discover a flaw, announce that a flaw has been found and that you're working with the victim to sort said flaw out.
Responsible disclosure? Yeah, right. What usually comes from this is a gag order or some bat-****-crazy threat.

The fact is that bosses think that everything works by magic are not paranoid enough.

Analogy - 1. comparison, likeness, resemblance, similitude, affinity. 2. correspondence.

Why do people find it so hard to get the point of one? Instead of looking at the point, they pick apart the analogy and try to argue on the terms used in it.... just baffling. I really hope most do it as trolling and aren't really so thick headed.

We arent talkin about a hacking group. Talkin about some script kiddies who want attention.

And stop sayin people are stupid who dont agree with your fanboyism. lulzsec are idiots. accept it.

and rape has alot to do with it ,since they're gonna get tons of it in prison.

seriously, no one gives a crap about your prison fantasies... if i am a fanboy of lulzsec, you must be a fanboy of male on male prison rape action cause you love bringing it up. go watch some OZ or something...