Does "Autoupdate" on Android's app work correctly?

I try to set all my Android applications to autoupdate when there is update avaliable but as soon as I look in My Apps there are a bunch with a Update avaliable and they are checked with the "Automatically update" tick. On the other hand, sometimes my Android does autoupdate apps randomly (which is exactly what I want)

Whats "wrong"?

It doesn't check for updates that often. I think it's like once a week.

It also checks after a reboot. But yea, the auto update feature needs improving, or at least give us some options to make it work better

I'm wanting the exact opposite, Google Maps keeps updating by itself and haven't found a way to disable it. It doesn't have a automatically update checkbox unlike other apps. :pinch:

I'm wanting the exact opposite, Google Maps keeps updating by itself and haven't found a way to disable it. It doesn't have a automatically update checkbox unlike other apps. :pinch:

Sure? Does when I look at it in Market -> My Apps.

AppBrain could be used in the time being if you wanted to check for updates more frequently.

On a related note, be sure to Star my Global "Allow automatic updates" preference for Market feature request ;)

I'd raise a Push updates to phone / enhance Market update preferences Issue too though if it don't already exist.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah for update options would be nice including, to the one already posted, a option to set autoupdate to on without having to set it each time for every app installed.

On my Droid Incredible, it does. I've seen it on Froyo and Gingerbread...

Auto update works for me on both my Stock 3.1 Xoom Wifi, and my CM7.1rc OG Droid.