Phone/Tablet Android Tethering Queries on Orange UK

Hi,

I have an Orange HTC Hero and recently bought an Asus eeePad Transformer. I'm very happy with both devices but would like to tether them so I can use the phone's 3G connection through the tablet whilst on the go. I've read many guides online, but they seem to be network and phone specific, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the matter.

As far as I'm aware I need to:

* Root my HTC Hero (not sure how to do this safely)

* Installl a Tethering App on the phone to create a WiFi hotspot (and probably a 3G data monitoring app!)

* Connect the tablet to said hotspot

Does this seem the right idea?

Thanks,

pdaNET seems a possible App, but so far using Bluetooth DUN to share the data connection hasn't worked. Has anyone else used this please?

Hi,

I have an Orange HTC Hero and recently bought an Asus eeePad Transformer. I'm very happy with both devices but would like to tether them so I can use the phone's 3G connection through the tablet whilst on the go. I've read many guides online, but they seem to be network and phone specific, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the matter.

As far as I'm aware I need to:

* Root my HTC Hero (not sure how to do this safely)

* Installl a Tethering App on the phone to create a WiFi hotspot (and probably a 3G data monitoring app!)

* Connect the tablet to said hotspot

Does this seem the right idea?

Thanks,

Yes that process would work, unless Orange have messed about with it I believe you could also just connect the Phone via USB to the eeePad and choose USB tether there. If you want to go the WiFi route then check Revoked for an easy rooting process and then there are a few apps on the market that would suit your needs, or install a new ROM where most already have that option available. Oxygen is a nice lightweight ROM.