Alternate to Gallery for Android?

On the memory card, we have the following format for photograph storage:

F:\Photos\2011\May\13th May\<the photos>

F:\Photos\2011\May\26th May\<the photos>

F:\Photos\2011\June\5th May\<the photos>

etc.

Browsing photos using the Android's Gallery is awful when this type of layout is used (even though I consider it a standard, neat format).

Are there any good alternatives to Gallery for Android?

I used QuickPic on my old HTC Magic. It doesn't use all the animation effects Gallery uses and runs a lot faster on slow devices, not only when browsing the gallery thumbs but also when loading and displaying images fullscreen.

Another vote for Quickpic. Should be the default for android rather than gallery.

yep.. i've use QuickPic... used to have the 3D Gallery but the picture quality was alwas poor compared to even the default Gallery... Quick pic is FAST and you get HighRes Picture preview.

Also you can Hide Albums.

Quickpic here too. Love the options to exclude folders from the listing as well as assign passwords to those special pictures. :shiftyninja:

I mainly use the stock Gallery to impress people with and for quick photo viewing (it's fast on my SGS).

However QuickPic is the best if you need to view images in their full resolution

Which QuickPic ?

There's two in the marketplace with the same name, one's free, one's paid, but have two different developers.

Quickpic is awesome - use it to set your wallpaper on Android and you won't get a lower resolution, colour-banded image set like the stock app does.