Show us your Workstations - 2011 Edition

P!P - Dont you find those top 2 monitors really stressful on your neck & eyes when you have to look at them for any extended length of period ?

I cant find the right way to setup my multi monitor setup either...

Dont ya love the plain generic desk and el-cheapo faux art ? LOL

Here is my office @ work. Thats my personal T400 though - and yeah thats my Diet Coke - my drug.

note the memtest in the background ? and the func surface ? ;)

P!P - Dont you find those top 2 monitors really stressful on your neck & eyes when you have to look at them for any extended length of period ?

I rarely look at my non-primary monitor for any length of period. I usually just put things I don't need to stare at but only need to check. For example, I'll put my Gmail on the monitor above me and glance at it from time to time. However, when I'm going to compose an e-mail, I'll drag it down to my primary monitor.

OK - yeah that makes sense.

I can add a couple screens if I want - but I dont have a multi-monitor stand like yours - which is pretty cool BTW

So until I figure something out - I have this kinda sorted mess to deal with :

not a real work setup unless you got a vsphere or some other vmware stuff open on at least one of those monitors......

he has like 3 computers there, no need for vmware.

managing work server vms!!!!! ^_^

vsphere/vcloud is enterprise cloud vm....

Here's my setup, recently took the plunge to go all Mac:

6332871186_140e222fcf.jpg

6332134457_43d916dc15.jpg

6332886128_e2970bc2f6.jpg

6332874526_b9e32d6eb6.jpg

Need to improve the lighting, so at some point I may just purchase some IKEA DIODER lights to serve as backlighting behind the monitors. Also considering purchasing a better secondary monitor, perhaps one of those Samsung LED ones. They're quite sexy.

Need to improve the lighting, so at some point I may just purchase some IKEA DIODER lights to serve as backlighting behind the monitors. Also considering purchasing a better secondary monitor, perhaps one of those Samsung LED ones. They're quite sexy.

Don't know you setup already looks sexy enough!

Don't know you setup already looks sexy enough!

Thanks! I'm just bothered by how tiny the 19" monitor is compared to the iMac's 21.5. It serves its purpose -- and upgrading it isn't a priority for me now -- but it's a tad bothersome. :p

6332871186_140e222fcf.jpg

6332134457_43d916dc15.jpg

6332886128_e2970bc2f6.jpg

6332874526_b9e32d6eb6.jpg

What kind of desk is that? Also, does it have like a glassy top? Nice setup btw :D

well shaped, yes ;) , how's that logitech Z system?

lol tell me about it, well the Logitech z623 sound is amazing, I listen to mostly Trance and Electronica in general, but I can tell you everything sounds fantastic on it, I also own the z2300 which I have hooked up to my Samsung 3D TV and I can tell you that it falls slightly behind it in terms of bass, but just a little, and I would say the satellite speakers sound better than those in the z2300, I certainly do not regret buying it at all.