Show us your Workstations - 2011 Edition

As with many setups, it's a shame about the cables. I wish "they'd" invent a good way of hiding them or at least come up with decent cable management in all desks sold.

for now it'll have to do until I find a better way of managing cables, also it's my second week back at my house so not everything's all established

My setup(s) (with my wonderful cheap desk that has a bow in it). I want an L-Desk for all my equipment, but waiting until my wife and I move to a bigger house. Custom rig with 25" HP LED Monitor and a 13" Macbook Pro (Mid-2010).

HP Envy 14 (Mid-2010)

Like the Elgin Community College certificates in the background. Not a college with such a name in the Elgin I stay. Just a lot of whisky distilleries!

Like the Elgin Community College certificates in the background. Not a college with such a name in the Elgin I stay. Just a lot of whisky distilleries!

Ha! Nicely done!. Although I have 2 more certificates above that one, which includes my Bachelor's from a different school.

I guess Elgin isn't just in the US, eh? ;)

Here's my new setup since I've added some stuff.

pOICo.jpg

rSl5U.jpg

cyXix.jpg

zxzoK.jpg

Since my last upload, I mounted my TV and added a Logitech Revue with Google TV. I still need to get some paint and touch up the walls / ceiling and get one of those cord hiders that goes on the wall.

Also grabbed a couple of TouchPads during that whole fiasco. I have an iPad 2 in the case at the end, but I still need to get a stand for that.

My in/out box is never used properly ....

post-110020-0-18101000-1315794886.jpg

post-110020-0-27692500-1315794898.jpg

Acer TimelineX 4820TG, 32GB touchpad from the firesale and my hackintosh w/ Snow Leopard and Windows 7 dual boot (relatively old machine, Asus P5W DH, Xeon X3350, Radeon 4870, OSes on OCZ SSD's). And yes, that is an old LaserJet 1100 still kickin and on a print server. Under the monitor is a PentiumPro I use as a paperweight. Nothing on the walls yet, just bought the place.

ccoltman - I have to say I like your pic one of the best --

too many times in this thread do people feel the need to wheel out every little gadget POS electronic they own and neatly place them in perfect position to take the picture - a sort of geek ****ing-contest.

(seen a ton of pics where idiots will place every remote control they own right next to one another - placed neatly in front of the camera....)

In direct contrast, then the ones who have really nice work areas - just show their areas they way they always are - just.... work areas; albeit with nice things.

I guess its the old cliche of those who have little want everyone to think they have a lot, and those who have a lot dont care to compare ....

Or the reason I like yours is because Im always a fan of "less is more" - a sort of understated elegance

case and point -

tommytom above you - wields out everything he has - showing the whole world he owns a laughable Acer - thanks for the laughs tommy.... :rolleyes:

arewhyfour - LOL you drink a lot of coke, huh ? I see that trash can down there FULL of plastic bottles hehe- and I thought I had a bad habit....

Actually, I have about half a dozen more devices nowhere near there (another workstation in the house). Those are the ones I use on a daily basis...at my WORKSTATION. I'll admit I cleaned up a bit before taking the pic, but other than that it's my standard setup. The touchpad I often move around with, but that is where it's home is. Had you bothered to look you'd notice all the wires for these devices go around the back of the wokstation indicating that I keep them there regularly.

About the Acer...what do you expect to accomplish by talking smack about my Acer. It is a great machine for the money; it's light, has good battery life and it has a discrete graphics card. The TimelineX series have had great reviews. Too bad you're too full of yourself to notice.

I thought this forum was for showing workstations, not flaming people for theirs. If you don't have a workstation to post or a compliment to offer, go away, troll.

too many times in this thread do people feel the need to wheel out every little gadget POS electronic they own and neatly place them in perfect position to take the picture - a sort of geek ****ing-contest.

(seen a ton of pics where idiots will place every remote control they own right next to one another - placed neatly in front of the camera....)

In direct contrast, then the ones who have really nice work areas - just show their areas they way they always are - just.... work areas; albeit with nice things.

I guess its the old cliche of those who have little want everyone to think they have a lot, and those who have a lot dont care to compare ....

Or the reason I like yours is because Im always a fan of "less is more" - a sort of understated elegance

case and point -

tommytom above you - wields out everything he has - showing the whole world he owns a laughable Acer - thanks for the laughs tommy.... :rolleyes:

arewhyfour - LOL you drink a lot of coke, huh ? I see that trash can down there FULL of plastic bottles hehe- and I thought I had a bad habit....

Its funny when people try to gather all the devices in the house and put them all on their desks to take these pictures :p

i bet its hard to keep them all turned on in order to take a pic :D

same here!!!! I doubt if they work with all of them at once like that LOL

lol :D Every little piece of crap. I almost agree with you here, but then again it's not often that someone takes a picture of what their desk area REALLY looks like when they are using it. Mine right now, looks about the same except my laptop is in my bedroom and my touchpad is where my laptop would be. Usually, the laptop is at my desk if I'm home because.. derp.. I have a habit of using it alongside my desktop. Long story short, my G5 has a tiny hard drive, a crappy one at that too!

It really looks cooler than it is, my laptop is the most powerful machine I own right now. I picked up the G5 for almost nothing (it was apparently broken)

lol :D Every little piece of crap. I almost agree with you here, but then again it's not often that someone takes a picture of what their desk area REALLY looks like when they are using it. Mine right now, looks about the same except my laptop is in my bedroom and my touchpad is where my laptop would be. Usually, the laptop is at my desk if I'm home because.. derp.. I have a habit of using it alongside my desktop. Long story short, my G5 has a tiny hard drive, a crappy one at that too!

It really looks cooler than it is, my laptop is the most powerful machine I own right now. I picked up the G5 for almost nothing (it was apparently broken)

I turned on all my stuff for the pictures above, but how everything is setup is usually how it is in real life. Unless a tablet walks off, but it always finds it's way back.

Usually though the TV, 3 monitors, and the TouchPads have their displays on.

case and point -

Your post is someone lame if I may say so. It never occurred to you that people might actually have their workstation setup that way to be able to find everything quickly? For instance, I actually keep every remote/controller and whatnot on my desktop. Not so that everyone can see it as I could care less about that. But when I feel like posting a photo of my workstation in this thread, those items are actually on that desktop as that is the place where I keep them. Why instantly think so low of people who keep all those things on their desktop?

case and point -

Yeah, and oddly enough it's just Diet Coke. My mom got me hooked on one of those.

Also I'm a developer of mobile apps, I always have a ton of devices on my desk. Believe it or not there is usually more. I could have whipped out every little POS electronic if you want :)

Just finished building and staining.post-287206-0-73640800-1315804330.jpg

Make me a desk like that plox.

nice empty picture frames LOL.... put some furries on them LOL....

I mean KITTIES!!!! MUST HAVE LOTS OF CAT PICTURES!!!! KITTENS!!!! >^_^<

I found a novel use for the Exogear Exomount car phone holder I got in for review (review done :p), now to decide if I should use it for my headphones or XBOX controller... :D

exogear_mount-xbox.jpg

exogear_mount-phones.jpg

I found a novel use for the Exogear Exomount car phone holder I got in for review (review done :p), now to decide if I should use it for my headphones or XBOX controller... :D

exogear_mount-xbox.jpg

exogear_mount-phones.jpg

Buy another one, use both. DONE!

exogear_mount-xbox.jpg

exogear_mount-phones.jpg

Where did you get that mouse/desk pad from?