A Nice Round Number to Stop At...

post-15395-0-14755100-1310263840.gif

I have been on Neowin for near 9 years now and over those 9 years I have been called many things...Spammer being probably the most common word. So I set a target in my head and I wanted to reach it and when I did I would call it quits and lurk for a year or so....so this is the target and its time to fulfil that promise of the lurk. So from now until maybe July 2012...there will no new posts from me...let someone else cover the Media Room (and other sections!) (Y)

long live the lurk!

I have been on Neowin for near 9 years now and over those 9 years I have been called many things...Spammer being probably the most common word. So I set a target in my head and I wanted to reach it and when I did I would call it quits and lurk for a year or so....so this is the target and its time to fulfil that promise of the lurk. So from now until maybe July 2012...there will no new posts from me...let someone else cover the Media Room (and other sections!) (Y)

long live the lurk!

We all know that won't happen. If anything you will create a RappyV2 and get that account to 80k posts too. Either way, grats man!

I'd say I'd pick up the slack in your absence but I don't think I can have that kind of attention span, and I'm too lazy :p

I don't understand this.

Your contribution to Neowin has earned you a MVC tag which shows that you have given the site a lot. Your posts help Neowin grow in a sense and that goes for all the other members. It sounds like you're wanting to stop because of something that perhaps people have said to you and honestly if that's the case you should look past it and continue to contribute to the site if that is what you enjoy doing.

As you know, I was once a news reporter and despite no longer in that position I try to contribute to the site because I enjoy the site, enjoy the people and enjoy seeing the site grow, effectively giving everyone on the site a better experience.

tl;dr, If you enjoy contributing to the site continue, if you're bored of doing so then I wish you farewell.

If your choice is to stick to your guns, it was great seeing you around these parts. You will be missed.

Hey, you can always pop on Neowin IRC - that doesn't really count as posting ;) :p

Congrats on the achievement, and I look forward to seeing you come back!

But...but...who will keep us up to date with all of the movie news? :blink:

Seriously, though, congrats on 80,000 posts and thank you for all your contributions.

Damn, Rappy. The Media Room won't be the same without you. I don't think anyone can fill in for you. Congrats on reaching 80k posts and hopefully, that number will reach 100k in the years to come.

PS: Please come back.

Congratulations on the 80k.

But lurking for a year? Come on man, you can't do that to us or yourself for that matter.

The best thing I saw from you on the forums is Susan Coffey on your signature :p Why a whole year? A world tour, maybe?

Congrats on 80k.

Oh god damn it Rappy, this means I have to take over on the WWE thread now, doesn't it? :laugh:

Congrats on 80k posts, anyway! Time to start playing together online then. :)

Grats on the 80,000 posts... but lurking for a year? Come on man, at least post socially and comment on other peoples stuff :D

long live the lurk!

relegated like your football team ;)