Is WP7 UI really more efficient then iOS/Android?

Hey MS Bob - has Microsoft ever done anything innovative and cool from your perspective? Even one product that you could say is "magical"?

Not that I can think of. Microsoft either buys a company for its asserts, or copies an existing product on the market. The metro UI is just a rip off of the media centre look.

Hey MS Bob - has Microsoft ever done anything innovative and cool from your perspective? Even one product that you could say is "magical"?

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/verizon-ceo-windows-phone-7-isnt-an-innovative-leading-edge-product-2010108/

I bet this guy regrets saying that!!! What a clown on the order of Ballmer levels of stupidity!

You are the biggest troll ive ever met. So is WP7 innovative or not?

In one thread you said android is trash and IOS/WP7 are better, now you create a WP7 thread saying that IOS/Android is better.

You are the biggest troll ive ever met. So is WP7 innovative or not?

In one thread you said android is trash and IOS/WP7 are better, now you create a WP7 thread saying that IOS/Android is better.

Actually I'm not saying one is truly better then the other. I'm just looking at certain aspects of the UX and breaking it down. I'm not entirely sold on the live tile approach compared to rows of beautiful icons. I do like the Metro font.

If you consider a media centre UI as innovative.

Im not arguing that, im just calling out the troll for what he is, in one thread he says WP7/IOS are great and innovative and that Android is crap but in this thread hes saying that IOS/Android are great and WP7 is crap?

Actually I'm not saying one is truly better then the other. I'm just looking at certain aspects of the UX and breaking it down. I'm not entirely sold on the live tile approach compared to rows of beautiful icons. I do like the Metro font.

You are just stirring things up for the sake of an argument, you cant say one thing in one thread and then stirr it up in another thread with an opposite view.

Im not arguing that, im just calling out the troll for what he is, in one thread he says WP7/IOS are great and innovative and that Android is crap but in this thread hes saying that IOS/Android are great and WP7 is crap?

I never said Android was crap. I said Google is a copycat and I said their Marketplace is malware/spam infested which is objectively true. As far as the Android UX itself, I've seen plenty of demos and it's perfectly fine as an iOS-also ran.

I never said Android was crap. I said Google is a copycat and I said their Marketplace is malware/spam infested which is objectively true. As far as the Android UX itself, I've seen plenty of demos and it's perfectly fine as an iOS-also ran.

Yeah and you conveniently left out the fact that in the other thread you said WP7 was innovative and better than Android, now you are saying its not.

The Zune.

Because Microsoft genuinely worked their legs off trying to get that to penetrate the market. whistle.gifVery well done products, but with a half hearted campaign to actually push the products, and never seemed like a priority to Microsoft. Unlike Windows Phone 7, which is far more of a priority to Microsoft.

Yeah and you conveniently left out the fact that in the other thread you said WP7 was innovative and better than Android, now you are saying its not.

I definitely believe WP7 is innovative in terms of the live-tiles/hub approach. But I remain skeptical as to whether the public really cares about that.

The Zune.

Point taken, but that was only a half failure (still have Zune services, which is growing in popularity). Even still, it's because they were WAY late on that one.

The Newton

Linux

:D

Well, looks like i'm avoiding this thread now. And anything else KingCrimson decides to troll.

^^ nope.

Undescriptive and unintelligent post is undescriptive and unintelligent. :D

Undescriptive and unintelligent post is undescriptive and unintelligent. :D

Not funny guy is not funny...

Simple question, simple answer.

Having used WP7 for several days, having owned and iPhone and 2 androids (so far), I can say WP7 (for me) is too confusing.

iOS and Android are much better.

My opinion would put Android as most efficient, followed by WP7 and then iOS.

My reasoning for this is that Android allows you to do just about anything you want with your home screen. You can put information you frequently access wherever you want it and however you want it. WP7 is close behind with it's live tiles. It's not as customizable, but it is a good default layout. iOS falls short in efficiency in my opinion since you have no freedom to do anything but reorganize your icons to try to have more frequently used applications on the first screen. There's no real way to get information displayed without having to first open an app to look at it. This changes a little with jailbreaking, but I'm keeping the discussion on what you can do without hacking the phone.

Of course, the question is very dependent on what you need from your phone, so everyone's opinion varies. It comes down to, yet again, using what YOU like most, not what everyone else likes most.

Having used WP7 for several days, having owned and iPhone and 2 androids (so far), I can say WP7 (for me) is too confusing.

Um, elaborate please? Otherwise you're a troll. :D

^^ nope.

Explain why otherwise you are just another troll?

How the hell is WP7 more confusing than iOS or Android?

IMO Android is far more complex and confusing for new users.

why is it so hard for people around here to let people like what they like? you love wp7, good on you. you love iOS or Android, just as well! to each their own regardless of reason.

sitting there trolling a certain product and saying it's crap for so and so reason doesn't make it a fact, it makes it your reason for not liking it...

i personally haven't played with WP7 but really want to. unfortunately the number of WP7 phones in canada is miniscule (my provider only has one, the samsung focus)

LOL? ...

Uh let me think... no. :)

In that case, Fail troll is EPIC fail!!

I can see how WP7 default UI is confusing to the average person used to the rows of app icons. It's a new paradigm and do people really want to work to get used to that? The reason why iPhone and Android sell so much is because they just work and it's easy to get up and running in minutes.

technically the most efficient its symbian, pretty good multitasking, no lag and run under low end hardware, better energy management, the only cons its that for "most" people its so HARD to use