50 Cent: 'I will not put out another album'

50 Cent: 'I will not put out another album'

Rapper threatens Interscope Records with strike action, claiming it failed to support what would have been his fifth LP

50 Cent claims to have shelved his new record, saying he "will not put out another album" due to an ongoing dispute with his label. "They dropped the ball with me one time too many," the rapper wrote on Twitter. "I apologise to all my fans."

Fiddy has been beefing with Interscope Records for more than a month, accusing them of bungling the lead-up for what would be his fifth studio LP. Once described as a "dance album" called Black Magic, the rapper recently revealed he was moving in a different direction with a new title and "a whole different energy". "The Black Magic music, I have it, and I'll probably use it in, maybe, a film project," he told MTV News.

Whatever this new album sounds like, 50 Cent insists Interscope has been dragging its feet on its release. "Feels like they're moving in slow motion," he wrote in June, saying the LP could be delayed until 2012. "My whole career iv been doing **** and they have been playing catch up ... THEY BETTER WAKE UP AND WORK."

Although Interscope's Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine later tried to smooth things over, 50 Cent's temper flared again this week. "Man I'm not releasing a album," he tweeted. "I can't believe Interscope is this f*cked up right now ... I will work with other artists on their projects but I will not put out another album." It didn't help that one of 50 Cent's new songs, I'm On It, appeared on filesharing sites on Wednesday. "I don't know how I can record 41 songs for my album and the one song I give Interscope leaks," he said. "I hate when I can't present my music the way I feel it should be."

The rapper threatened revenge by sharing an unreleased single by one of his bosses, Dr Dre. "[it's] a big song," he wrote, "[but] I just don't think it deserves a great set up [since] they can't seem to get it right when it comes to me." The rapper eventually backtracked, saying Dre "has done nothing but help me".

50 Cent's most recent LP, 2009's Before I Self Destruct, was the lowest-selling album of his career. It reached No 22 in the UK charts.

Source: The Guardian

Damn, the title got my hopes up. :p He's just having a dispute with Interscope. He'll probably leave them, then either go to another label or form his own, then continue to put out records.

.50 was ok. Released a few radio songs and took us to the candy shop. Rap Died a long time ago with Pac.

Gonna play 300 bars and running and put up my middle finger.

Well the 1 song that was leaked is quite poor so I'm not sure the album will be all that anyways - (Song starts at 8 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vq-voLmE-o

Wow, I'm not sure 'quite' was the right word to use... Sounded dreadful.

50 Cent used to be good, but I imagine he'll go the way of Snoop and get all commercial, and just generally ****, maybe he should just stop now.

Rap Died a long time ago with Pac.

Commercial rap maybe, MTV rap... But rap as a whole?

I think if you make such comments, you just are not exposed to the wealth of good rap that's out there.

No big loss for me, haven't liked his recent stuff.

Although Get Rich or Die Trying' is one of my top 10 favourite albums, and the G-Unit album was pretty sweet too.

50 Cent's most recent LP, 2009's Before I Self Destruct, was the lowest-selling album of his career. It reached No 22 in the UK charts.

Well, at least his last album was appropriately titled. :laugh:

He needs to get over the fact that he was shot. Nobody really cared, and I'm sure he's ran out of ways to incorporate that in his tunes.

He'll be back though. There's no way he'd turn his back to potential profits.

He needs to get over the fact that he was shot. Nobody really cared, and I'm sure he's ran out of ways to incorporate that in his tunes.

That reminded me of this poster:

e96788364a85e860817c33fa951241ab.jpg

i heard "i'm on it" on the radio today..

it made me cringe, tooling around chatting about how much money he has.. it's not very cool is it?

frankly it's quite crass imo

At one point didn't he swear that he would not release any more albums if another artist (I think it was kanye) sold more albums than him and if I recall correctly 50 got spanked in sales. either way he ain't made nothing half decent since get rich or die tryin so it would not be a loss if the hip hop world never heard from him again.

At one point didn't he swear that he would not release any more albums if another artist (I think it was kanye) sold more albums than him and if I recall correctly 50 got spanked in sales. either way he ain't made nothing half decent since get rich or die tryin so it would not be a loss if the hip hop world never heard from him again.

Yes I remember that lol