Australis for Firefox

This is a theme I'm working on based on these mockups by Stephen Horlander. Mostly everything is working so far including the conditional forward-button. I still need a name, any ideas? I'm currently just using the name 'Strata Austra'.

Also feel free to post comments based on the implementation of the style, not the style it self as I didn't create it.

post-49492-0-21356200-1312033112.png

• Like 2

As usual you are faster than Mozilla in making a working skin from their mockups :D

Thanks :cool: You could say I cheated a bit because I had access to the PSD.

Is it possibly to make this available for OS X too?

I will attempt to make a Mac OS version as well. I'm just not sure if I can move the elements into the titlebar.

Thanks :cool: You could say I cheated a bit because I had access to the PSD.

I will attempt to make a Mac OS version as well. I'm just not sure if I can move the elements into the titlebar.

it's possible

617999356.png

Q61yP.png

the curved tabs are really strange... it does bring a lot of attention to the tabs and I don't know if that is a good thing.

and I will note please do not use this with stratiform it made it look really funny! I LOLed.

Seeing as it's the future theme intended for Firefox I would have suggested the name 'Futura', but I like 'Strata Austra'. It's a more creative name than my own I think!

Well this is GREAT!

I got the tabs in the title-bar along with the Prospector One Liner! Very Happy with this

No forward button?

There is, unless you go with the Tabs Always in Titlebar addon and the other steps. RemixedCat's screenshot shows how it appears otherwise. It looks like the standard Firefox theme but with the new tabs, which I really like.

I ran mine with no mods. I prefer it that way with that skin. Just don't use stratiform with it and you'll be fine.

No forward button?

The forward button will show by default, however if you wish to hide it when it isn't needed add a 'space' between forward and urlbar. After doing that step it will kinda slide out when not needed.

1.0a2

Change log:

Fixed missing dividers on some tabs

Fixed double border in small icons mode

Fixed missing throbbers on inactive tabs

Reduced size of tail on back icon

Tweaked padding on nav-bar

Tweaked icon style

Tweaked border/shadow on large back button

Tweaked margin/padding on tabs

Increased hit space on urlbar icons (reload,stop,go)

Added "Classic" tab style

post-49492-0-71010300-1312287965.png

post-49492-0-16636000-1312287980.png

Download

Install 'Classic' tabs via Stylish

The edges on the active tab when using your "Classic tabs" stylish looks a little bit messed up. See attached pic.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks ok after updating to latest tinderbox UX build.

post-305074-0-46845500-1312293375.jpg

You should update twentyten with this ;)

In fact I saw this first in other forum, dont remember where and wished for a tewntyten version with those tabs. And now I discove that the creator of twentyten made this, so there is hope!

My tabs don't appear in the titlebar? :unsure: Do I need to do that manually or is something else wrong?

21des2d.png

Is it possible to get this theme as a script for the userChrome.css instead. That way I could get the default Firefox button back.

When you say default do you mean normal size when maximized? Other than that it is the same button.

My tabs don't appear in the titlebar? :unsure: Do I need to do that manually or is something else wrong?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tabs-always-in-titlebar/

• Like 1

Good job soapy! But please add support for page notification in app-tabs (change background of apptab when the pagetitle changes)

Thanks in advance!