Loving the new Android Marketplace and Google+ app

I can't comment on the marketplace (although going from your screenshots it looks quite nice) but I agree on the Google+ app. There's still a bit of functionality missing from it in my opinion, but it's a solid start.

Ok, you need to tell me where you got that wallpaper. That's epic! As soon as I saw it I started laughing so hard! Tell me please! What is it from???

i wish video worked in the google+ plus app as in uploaded video to google plus. never loads or anything on my tablet (i know, google+ is beta and it'll happen eventually)

other then that it's great, defintely better then the facebook apps for iOS or android. oh and chat would be nice.

It's too bad we didn't have rentals here ... would have been cool on trips or whatever to watch a movie.

Overall though the new market is a ton better than the previous version. The old one was almost impossible to find anything by the categories as nothing was sorted.

How do you get the updates? My wife's Sensation has a check for updates button in the 'About Phone' section, whereas my Galaxy S2 (Bell Canada) does not.

I installed the Kies software and it says that that "this version" can not be updated. What does that mean? Bell is preventing updates?

post-14245-0-18410400-1312343141.png

Enjoying the new market as well, makes me use it more often. Though no movies or anything like that for Canada, unless I am mistaken and have a wrong version.

Also, what is the clock widget you are using in your shots?

New market runs like **** on the last generation android phones. Plus it didn't apply some updates properly and got stuck on the "Loading" screen at one point for an eternity.

New market runs like **** on the last generation android phones. Plus it didn't apply some updates properly and got stuck on the "Loading" screen at one point for an eternity.

On my HTC Desire it is a bit laggy at times, but overall you can hardly tell. And well I am still much happier I have it then not.

The new market pretty much runs fine for me. And my LG Optimus V is nowhere near being a beastly device.

Any one know the release schedule for the new market? No update for my gt-i9000 Galaxy s gingerbread or my gt-p1000 galaxy tab froyo

Both unlocked so no carrier branding.

It must just be you. I have a Droid Incredible (basically just a Nexus One with Sense), and it runs just as fast as the previous version of the market if not slightly faster.

No new market in the UK with HTC Desire.

But then I don't think I can run the phone software updater as I have rooted so it'll re-set that :/

If you don't have the new market, go into settings, applications, manage applications, go to market. Clear data and cache. Then exit that and go back into the market. let it load and exit. You should get the new market very soon, if its supported for your device. (This doesnt clear accounts, but the next time you open the market, you will have to pick an email address for market access or accept the terms/agreement.)

I have a HTC Desire S. Unbranded and factory unlocked. I can clear the cache on the device but it wont let me clear defaults. The option is greyed out. What do I do?

Any one know the release schedule for the new market? No update for my gt-i9000 Galaxy s gingerbread or my gt-p1000 galaxy tab froyo

Both unlocked so no carrier branding.

They are already pushing it out.

I think it's being pushed out on more of a locale/country basis than device basis.

If you want to get it without waiting you can grab it from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1166262

That is a post in the Galaxy Tab forums but you should be able to install the apk on any device, it updates the old market. Works great on my tab, thought I only have the Apps section over here.