QuickTime 7.7 for Windows

About QuickTime 7.7 for Windows

QuickTime 7.7 improves security and is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users on Windows.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

View: About the security content of QuickTime 7.7

Download: via Apple Software Update or from the QuickTime website.

Offtopic: Notice something odd about the browser screenshot on the QuickTime website?

quicktimehp.png

Come on Apple, get with the times...

OH GOOD LORD, NOT IE6.

Apple, why don't you do a screenshot of SAFARI on WINDOWS. You're missing something there.

I guess the UI is still as outdated and awful as ever.

Still keep getting error code 47 when trying to watch movie trailers off of Apple's website.

Probably because your using IE6 :D j/k

I am getting this too with a fresh install of Win7 64-bit. I downloaded itunes64.

I am getting this too with a fresh install of Win7 64-bit. I downloaded itunes64.

I just tried copying the address into quicktime and it still gives the same error. Also just tried it on my Mac and everything loaded just fine.

EDIT: If I paste the link into a new tab, the trailer plays just fine. Not really sure what's happening now.

Ugh. I wish Apple would do away with QuickTime already. It's a security mess.

I am curious. How is it a security mess? Is it a security problem just on windows?

I am curious. How is it a security mess? Is it a security problem just on windows?

Probably not. It's just a mess.

It annoys me this does, Apple basically refuses to acknowledge that Windows 7 exists, the latest version I can find of Windows on Apple.com is a picture of Windows Vistas Desktop. Now they're showing this with XP, and IE 6.

Does anyone still use it?

When someone mentions Quicktime, I put it in the same category as RealPlayer and Limewire.

Yup.

The 'things to be well avoided list'.

One learns from these horrible experiences in life. It's sad that some don't.

I use it just because I hate those annoying "Hey, you're missing a plugin!" browser messages. I don't go out of my way to watch anything in the QT format, but I do keep it updated.

It annoys me this does, Apple basically refuses to acknowledge that Windows 7 exists, the latest version I can find of Windows on Apple.com is a picture of Windows Vistas Desktop. Now they're showing this with XP, and IE 6.

Exactly. Because they don't want to admit that it's a better OS than anything Apple has put out so far (including Lion). Notice how those "Get a Mac" commercials ended nearly right after Windows 7's inception? ;)

On topic: QuickTime is horrible, though. I have it installed on Windows for compatibility reasons but have no file types associated with it. It's simply just third-rate in comparison to WMP and Zune. Why bother?

Yes. It's always being patched. Thank God I don't use it, OR iTunes.

It annoys the heck out of me that I have to install this piece of junk since my wife needs iTunes for her iPod Touch.

As horrible as the UI is, QT Pro allows some nifty features like H.264 passthrough export and trimming and joining MP4 videos without re-encoding. That is, if you figure out how to use the awful UI. :p

Agreed! Forms the biggest part of the bloat that is iTunes, together they marry very well and poison ones system beyond control.

If one must use it, then use Quicktime Alternative Lite.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QT_Lite.htm

Am using this also (because of iTunes + iPhone) but I thought the development has been abandoned for quite some time already?