Spotted the new achievements on x360A.org earlier

Official Fenix Rising Achievements

?Now They Begin to Understand ? Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)

?Defending the Past ? Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)

?Come to Poppa ? Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)

?Locust, Forever ? Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)

?Time to Re-up ? Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

?Again! ? Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

?I?ve Done it All! ? Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)

They should all be relatively easy and the ones where you need to play as a certain character can at least be done in private matches this time unlike the stupid Execute Kim as RAMM ten times achievement.

I only need two more ribbons and they are both from beast mode:

?Team Shaman: Heal four team-mates at once as a Kantus

?Team Saviour: Revive three team-mates at once as a Kantus

I'll probably save both for when the DLC is out as I don't want to risk it glitching if I already have them all unlocked.

Spotted the new achievements on x360A.org earlier

They should all be relatively easy and the ones where you need to play as a certain character can at least be done in private matches this time unlike the stupid Execute Kim as RAMM ten times achievement.

I only need two more ribbons and they are both from beast mode:

?Team Shaman: Heal four team-mates at once as a Kantus

?Team Saviour: Revive three team-mates at once as a Kantus

I'll probably save both for when the DLC is out as I don't want to risk it glitching if I already have them all unlocked.

You're joking, right? You have to hit level 100 two separate times to prestiege. Epic has clearly learned nothing from their achievement debacles in the past. Won't be going for these -- it's an absurd way to try and get people to play more online.

I'm already rank 100, ranking up on gears of war 3 is easy compared to gears of war 2. I have over half a million xp over rank 100 as well; which annoyingly will be lost and not transfered.

I'm already rank 100, ranking up on gears of war 3 is easy compared to gears of war 2. I have over half a million xp over rank 100 as well; which annoyingly will be lost and not transfered.

Just because it's easier and less time-consuming doesn't make it not time-consuming. I don't feel like wasting hundreds (possibly even a thousand or more) of hours grinding to get all the medals, ribbons and levels required for Gears of War 3. It may very well even impact whether or not I get future Epic games, as I view achievements as part of what constitutes a console game now. If a developer is going to routinely make stupid achievements that require hundreds of hours of grinding (instead of achievements that actually prolong gameplay), they're not going to get my money.

yeah, some of these achieves are quite outrageous. but if you really love the game, then it's not really an issue. BTW Gears 3 has taken my personal GOTY, just thought everyone was eager to know that :rofl:

I've given up caring for this game now. You can't make a game more playable by adding more maps with the same gameplay on them, and then add achievements which require you to grind. I'm level eighty-something and have no intention of even going for 100 anymore, because it just takes too much time.

• Like 2

I've given up caring for this game now. You can't make a game more playable by adding more maps with the same gameplay on them, and then add achievements which require you to grind. I'm level eighty-something and have no intention of even going for 100 anymore, because it just takes too much time.

Exactly. It's as if Epic has just thrown in the towel and said "we don't care about the community." The maps they've been releasing have extremely similar layouts (some are simply remakes), and there's really very little gameplay difference between the majority of them. And grinding achievements are my biggest pet peeve out of any kind of achievement out there -- Epic's just trying to artificially increase player count instead of actually addressing why people get tired of playing the game.

I mean, how is being able to prestige going to make someone want to play more? You have to make them want to play more, then you make them want to prestige. I'm going to stick with Battlefield 3 now -- varied gameplay, unique tasks, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

don't see anything wrong with the maps. and we've already covered the grinding, this is a test of your mental fortitude. if you don't enjoy it, pull yourself away from the game. sure Epic could be more creative, but they're already moving on to the next project and so forth. there's very finite resources they can devote to Gears 3 now.

Just because it's easier and less time-consuming doesn't make it not time-consuming. I don't feel like wasting hundreds (possibly even a thousand or more) of hours grinding to get all the medals, ribbons and levels required for Gears of War 3. It may very well even impact whether or not I get future Epic games, as I view achievements as part of what constitutes a console game now. If a developer is going to routinely make stupid achievements that require hundreds of hours of grinding (instead of achievements that actually prolong gameplay), they're not going to get my money.

So then don't. I don't recall any of my achievements going away or a game not working cause i didn't do all the achievements.

So then don't. I don't recall any of my achievements going away or a game not working cause i didn't do all the achievements.

That wasn't even remotely my point, but OK... :rolleyes:

I need help on the new achievements.. can anyone help? lol.

I'll be on later tonight (probably around 8 or 9 PM CST) if you want to play Horde or Beast on the new maps.

the new maps are good? i need to get this soon! thanks for the heads up!

They're good, although I'd like to see more maps from Gears 1 & 2 coming up. BTW, if anyone playing Horde on the new map, I find that Escalation is the easiest one. One way up, one way down. Build your base at the top of the hill and there's only two (narrow) entrance to your base. Awesome!

:punk:

Exactly. It's as if Epic has just thrown in the towel and said "we don't care about the community." The maps they've been releasing have extremely similar layouts (some are simply remakes), and there's really very little gameplay difference between the majority of them. And grinding achievements are my biggest pet peeve out of any kind of achievement out there -- Epic's just trying to artificially increase player count instead of actually addressing why people get tired of playing the game.

I mean, how is being able to prestige going to make someone want to play more? You have to make them want to play more, then you make them want to prestige. I'm going to stick with Battlefield 3 now -- varied gameplay, unique tasks, etc.

I can feel you man. To me, the reup achievement is still...OK in my list. However, Seriously 3.0 in the other hand is just ridiculous! I've played since day one and only have unlocked 20 onyx medals so far and 30+ to go only to get 100g?

hey Rob - sorry about being anti-social...i do play Gears online every few days, but i admit to not joining friends. i have a problem speaking right now due to distrubing people living with me...yeah i know, it's complicated, don't ask. but in this situation it's best to take the path of most consideration. this is why i prefer to play with random people rather than friends, don't be angry :cry:

EDIT: did buy the new map pack, but does it ever apply to TDM?

• 3 weeks later...

DLC 4 (Forces of Nature)

New Maps:

AFTERMATH ? Aftermath is a government park after a tsunami. There is seaweed and wreckage everywhere, and the main play space sits under a huge cargo ship which was deposited on top of a building during the storm. The area floods and quakes during gameplay, as the whole thing is teetering on the edge of falling into the water below. This has gameplay implications as it is difficult to aim during the quakes, and difficult to be stealthy while splashing through the water.

ARTILLERY ? Artillery starts out looking like an ordinary military base, but during gameplay a storm kicks up. Lightning begins to flash on the horizon and eventually a tornado develops and sweeps near the play space. Dust and debris are kicked up making it difficult to see, and the buffeting winds can mask your approach.

COVE ? Cove is a small port that the Stranded have taken over and turned into a little village. The map is very open with long lines of sight, but there is a really, really heavy layer of fog that masks just about everything. There?s a really nice sniper nest inside a central ship, but the sniper?s form is silhouetted by the low angle light shining through the fog.

JACINTO ? Jacinto was a beautiful city, but huge stalks have popped up through the buildings and flooded the entire area with imulsion. Half of the map is dead and crumbling, with imulsion fumes hanging in the air. To make matters worse, the drizzle that is present when a match begins quickly develops into a heavy rain storm that impedes visibility and lines of sight as water starts sheeting off the buildings.

RAVEN DOWN ? Raven Down is a very small crossroads that is blanketed in a blinding snow storm. A Raven helicopter has crashed in the storm, and crashed through an elevated train on its way down, so there?s train wreckage to deal with as well. The snowstorm ebbs occasionally, but is more often so heavy that it?s difficult to see more than a few meters ahead at any given time.

New Characters:

LE Mechanic Baird

LE Savage Grenadier

LE Commando Dom

Savage Hunter

New Weapon:

Elemental Cleavers(Horde Easter Eggs)

snow cleaver - that can gust an icy breeze at an enemy and stun them from a distance

Imulsion cleaver - that explodes on impact and does a small amount of AOE burning damage to nearby enemies in addition to the normal cleaver damage

Forces of Nature DLC for Gears 3 is coming on March 27