What a let down of an ending. NOT EVEN ONE GIANT BOSS. not even a single boss.

what the hell, id, you let me down so big on this!!!!!

loved the rest of the game, but they could use a LOT more bigger enemies. instead of the usual swarms of lots of fast (but stupid) ones.

What a let down of an ending. NOT EVEN ONE GIANT BOSS. not even a single boss.

what the hell, id, you let me down so big on this!!!!!

loved the rest of the game, but they could use a LOT more bigger enemies. instead of the usual swarms of lots of fast (but stupid) ones.

There was this giant guy in dead city :D Or that doesnt count? :p

I've just completed it too and i was also unhappy. Last level was a blast, but too bad i didnt use bfg..not even once cuz i was expecting one big fight.

Also i feel like the game needed more explanations or cutscenes...just to enrich the story.

The game is good but not as good as i expected, especially the time it took to make it +it being from id software :(

Have not beaten the game yet ( just got done the prison ) , with the ending, does it seem more geared for DLC / Xpack ?

still loving this game, right now it has dethroned Bodycount as my GOTY. let's see what else happens in gaming for the rest of the year :laugh: BTW 2011 is an awesome year for gaming, we haven't had it this good since 2007 i believe!

As expected, Zero Punctuation's review of Rage.

Surprise, it is not the most glowing review either. :laugh:

Question for those that beat the game...

I just did the mission where you rescue the major from the Authorities prison and get asked to join the Resistance.

Am I even halfway through the game yet?

As expected, Zero Punctuation's review of Rage.

Surprise, it is not the most glowing review either. :laugh:

Question for those that beat the game...

I just did the mission where you rescue the major from the Authorities prison and get asked to join the Resistance.

Am I even halfway through the game yet?

Sadly you

are quite close to the end.

Fun review and mostly right.

Sadly you

are quite close to the end.

Fun review and mostly right.

Woah Seriously? Damn, I do not think I have even played over 5 hours. And I have actually done a decent amount of side stuff. Wow, that would seriously make it perhaps the shortest SP I have ever played! Honestly though since there is so much else to play, not the worse thing in the world, but do expect more out of a SP. Thanks for the answer. (Y)

Woah Seriously? Damn, I do not think I have even played over 5 hours. And I have actually done a decent amount of side stuff. Wow, that would seriously make it perhaps the shortest SP I have ever played! Honestly though since there is so much else to play, not the worse thing in the world, but do expect more out of a SP. Thanks for the answer. (Y)

I can confirm that this is one of the shortest SP campaigns in ze world. And the MP is far from keeping me playing. Am rather disappointed!

we must be playing different games then. i'm at 14 hours and have still not gotten to what i think is the last stage. i'm doing some races and all of the job board missions, plus whatever the residents send my way. this is not a short game by any measure of the word.

I can confirm that this is one of the shortest SP campaigns in ze world. And the MP is far from keeping me playing. Am rather disappointed!

You guys obviously didnt play fear 3 or homefront.

I got 11 hours out of rage which is pretty good. But i didn't play races and didn't complete many of the side missions.

Anyway its a bit unrealistic to expect 20 hrs out of it :D This is not dragons age :D

well said. for a short game look to Space Marine, seven hours on easy, nine on normal. good game but that's short, especially since the MP is so hard to get into.

well to follow up on my previous post, i have completed Rage and i felt quite let down by the end.

I don't care for the lack of an end boss

Those end mind controlled mutants were incredibly crap which i basically took out with wingsticks

It was basically after wellspring the game become more and more boring and more of a slog. The second disk was particularly a let down. I know id are not known for their story lines but something a little better than the story would have been good, a few twists in the story would have made the game better. The second disk i basically couldn't be bothered with scavanging a la fallout anymore and just went through the missions, which boiled the game down to a rather boring/tired corridor shooter with no exploration for a game that touts megatexturing and huge maps it felt the same size as quake4 and no way as big as prey which used the previous id technology.

Im trading up and not even gonna bother with any DLC.

Really disappointing as i had high hopes for a well padded out/meaty game with new IP to bring id back into the forefront but as i have mentioned in the Doom4 topic the whole game felt like a tech demo for the id tech 5 engine.

Really disappointing as i had high hopes for a well padded out/meaty game with new IP to bring id back into the forefront but as i have mentioned in the Doom4 topic the whole game felt like a tech demo for the id tech 5 engine.

The funny thing is...its not even a good tech demo with those popping textures :(

The funny thing is...its not even a good tech demo with those popping textures :(

Except the poping textures were fixed or reduced when people updated their drivers. Wich turnes it on the card, not the game ( dont belive me its in the previous posts in the thread

not disappointed by the ending, though it was slightly underwhelming. got a good 16-17 hours out of this game, so it's all good. i liked it a lot.

yeah i agree, in the end it became quite distracting, i got rid of most of the popping through installing the game to the hard disk, but playing through the levels it really started to get annoying, the second disk, the popping on a lot of the levels especially the subway town seemed to be really noticeable.

I ended up getting 22 hours out of the game (16 single player, 6 multiplayer). The multiplayer actually is quite fun when you get the hang of it, but it gets kind of old after a while.

It took less than 10hrs for me to complete RAGE and I didn't rush. I didn't complete all the sidequests like the job boards or the races but they were incredibly repetitive and offered no meaningful reward. The missions were all just fetch quests that involved killing a bunch of mutants or bandits. The ending was a complete letdown and I didn't even use the BFG rounds, as I assumed there would be a big boss or open area to let rip - instead it was narrow corridors and enemies that were too fast to even use the BFG rounds against. Very disappointing. And the co-op play was incredibly laggy, which is a complaint I've seen a lot - nowhere near as smooth as Borderlands.

On the otherhand, I just got around to completing Metro 2033. That game was great. It was 10hrs long but it all worked well - it wasn't repetitive and padded out like RAGE. It was certainly linear but had great atmosphere and great combat. And the ending was really out there. It was a refreshing change and I'm very much looking forward to the sequel, Metro: Last Light - it looks to improve all the major shortcomings and will add multiplayer and coop to boot.

• 7 months later...

Really hate to revive a old thread but I just picked this up on the 360 for $12 @ Gamestop. I installed Disc 1 and played the first mission and I must say the game looks amazing on the 360 and it runs so smooth. I have seen 0 texture pop-up so I am wondering if that was fixed with the update I was prompted for. Since I got the game used I was wondering if anyone had a spare code for the anarchy pack that they would not mind sharing? Looking forward to playing through this game and I really thing this game sets the mark high for graphics on the aging console lol :)