Sounds like the game is completely dumbed down.

Care to expand on why you think that? I'm not seeing many people who have actually played the game agree. I can't say D2 continues has much 'depth' to it atm - optimal builds are listed everywhere, the economy is broken, and there's little variety in the content.

(This besides a general dislike of the term 'dumbing down', because it's so unspecific)

Out of curiousity has anyone played the beta on a Mac? If so, how well does it run because I'm getting the iMac 27" with 8 gb of ram and the highest gpu for that model.

Did anyone else get an invitation key to the closed public beta? I just recieved mine minute ago :D

Installing it now as well :D

Edit: But of course their servers have to be down while wanting to log into the game :pinch:

Did anyone else get an invitation key to the closed public beta? I just recieved mine minute ago :D

Edit: But of course their servers have to be down while wanting to log into the game :pinch:

I really really really hate you!!!!! Haha I'm extremely jealous grrrrrrr

I really really really hate you!!!!! Haha I'm extremely jealous grrrrrrr

Haha, I just wish I was able to login XD I'll try again in a bit though.

It came totally out of the blue though as I wasn't expecting to be in the closed beta at all. I signed up for it ages ago, lol.

By "invitation key", do you mean an actual alphanumeric beta key? I'm asking because when I received my invitation, the Diablo 3 beta was already added to my Battle.net account.

I've read a lot of people comments about being displeased with the game. I had 20+ lvl 85+ D2 characters myself, and my time with the D3 beta has been very enjoyable.

Every time I visit the b.net forums, there is always someone's stupid thread about why they cancelled their pre-order. I'm looking forward to it more than ever.

By "invitation key", do you mean an actual alphanumeric beta key? I'm asking because when I received my invitation, the Diablo 3 beta was already added to my Battle.net account.

You're right, it was an actuall key. The beta was already attached to my account as well. The email was more of a notification like in your case :)

I managed to get a beta key yesterday from CVG. :) Haven't installed it yet (gotta clear some space), but I'll get around to playing it over the weekend.

I've read a lot of people comments about being displeased with the game. I had 20+ lvl 85+ D2 characters myself, and my time with the D3 beta has been very enjoyable.

Every time I visit the b.net forums, there is always someone's stupid thread about why they cancelled their pre-order. I'm looking forward to it more than ever.

Yeah, you really gotta balance bnet forum opinions which the fact that most people generally only comment to complain.

Personally, I've also found it quite enjoyable :)

"Soon"

If we look at it linearly, assuming 10 = release announcement and 1 = start of development, we still have another 1.2 years before a release announcement (11 years in development divided by the current value of 9 = 1.2 years per 1 increment).

I would like to say fortunately it is much closer than that, but this is Blizzard we are talking about >.<.

Rumour (yes, just rumour) is that it could be April 13th: http://www.diablofan...ase-date-rumor/

Take with giant pinches of salt, and absolutely don't rely on it.

Battle.net DIablo 3 has changed to active for me (i did annual pass). Thinking the April rumor is looking true.

Just going to correct you, unless they changed the date themselves in the rumor - your link and mine say April 17th. Amazon has since removed the link etc.

Just going to correct you, unless they changed the date themselves in the rumor - your link and mine say April 17th. Amazon has since removed the link etc.

Ha, thanks :)

Looks like I know what I'll be asking for my birthday. I'm hoping it turns out to be in April. I haven't bought a real game in quite sometime. Real game meaning, something I've enjoyed.

Battle.net DIablo 3 has changed to active for me (i did annual pass). Thinking the April rumor is looking true.

Yea I just logged in to my battle.net it now shows "Diablo III" which takes you to your account status for the game.

PRODUCT LEVE Diablo? III Standard Edition

ACCOUNT STATUS ACTIVE

REGION Global

Patch 14 out today, with hardcore mode :)

http://www.diablofan...14-patch-notes/

Nice, don't personally like Hardcore mode, but I've never died in the beta so in terms of the beta Hardcore wouldn't make a difference for me. :p
The average combined value of the entire party's Magic and Gold Find applies to all players regardless of location in the game world.

I find that kind of interesting, it's nice that everyone gets the benefit but if you are farming up items in a public game, your own personal magic/gold find can be reduced (or increased) by the other players in the game. Seems to be trying to push any farming you do to either doing it with friends of similar gold/magic find, or solo. Though I guess it beats D2's method, more people in the game = more drops and whoever got last hit determines gold/magic find on that mob.

EDIT: Wow, barbarian and monk have 30% passive damage reduction now (from ALL sources), stacks with armor and all......and I thought my barb with 13 life regen was tanky enough being able to stand by the skeleton king and let him kill himself without moving. Monsters do increased damage now too, but unless it's a 30% increase, barb and monk now take much lower damage than before.

Nice, don't personally like Hardcore mode, but I've never died in the beta so in terms of the beta Hardcore wouldn't make a difference for me. :p

I find that kind of interesting, it's nice that everyone gets the benefit but if you are farming up items in a public game, your own personal magic/gold find can be reduced (or increased) by the other players in the game. Seems to be trying to push any farming you do to either doing it with friends of similar gold/magic find, or solo. Though I guess it beats D2's method, more people in the game = more drops and whoever got last hit determines gold/magic find on that mob.

You might die in beta now, the standard difficulty has been raised all monsters have approx. double damage compared to patch 13.

You might die in beta now, the standard difficulty has been raised all monsters have approx. double damage compared to patch 13.

Ah ok, wasn't sure how much they increased monster damage, I prefer barbarian or monk which now have more damage reduction than before, so I won't notice it as much as the other classes would.