It would have been great if Blizzard gave new beta participants a key to invite their friends. They did this with the StarCraft 2 beta so I don't know why they didn't do it this time. I'm guessing it has something to do with people selling beta keys.

I was hoping they would also do what they did with SC2 Preorders from gamestop and give you a key for that. that being that case I would give away my key from that. (they might still do it who knows) As I preordered the Collectors Edition the day it was announced.

Read my post again buddy... i said Baying... not Paying...>! :) : verb : Shout loudly, typically to demand something.

Ha, well alright - I just assumed it was a spelling mistake :)

No beta invite here, but can anyone confirm how the game runs on the minimum requirements? I have a GeForce 8600M GT, 4GB RAM, and a Core 2 Duo @ 2.2Ghz; I know it meets the minimum requirements but I am curious on how it looks/runs. Youtube had nothing D3+8600m GT related.

http://i.imgur.com/CzNGI.jpg

can you see a difference? At a glance I could only notice small things like the health and mana orbs glow changing, small difference in shadows.

The idiot saved the image comparisons at a really low jpg quality so they all look compressed and garbage. I'll do it proper... Gimmie a min.

Here's a higher resolution shot I put together. Major differences can be seen in the follower, but the real differences can be seen in motion... not gonna go through that though.

Images from top to bottom HIgh, Med, Low and Lowest.

http://meserveyphoto.smugmug.com/photos/i-DPG4FvX/0/O/i-DPG4FvX-O.png

Ha, well alright - I just assumed it was a spelling mistake :)

All is well in love for new diablo n war :) ...... tis all good!! :)

The beta is fun but it's too short. My friend and I completed it in just over an hour. Also, it seemed way too easy. I know that it's a beta which requires testing for any potential bugs. Still, a more challenging experience would've been nice. Aside from some annoying lag, I think Blizzard made a great game. I played more StarCraft and Warcraft so this will be my first Diablo game. It'll also be a day-one purchase.

The beta is fun but it's too short. My friend and I completed it in just over an hour. Also, it seemed way too easy. I know that it's a beta which requires testing for any potential bugs. Still, a more challenging experience would've been nice. Aside from some annoying lag, I think Blizzard made a great game. I played more StarCraft and Warcraft so this will be my first Diablo game. It'll also be a day-one purchase.

I think the reason that they did that was so that people that test the game won't get burnt out and not want to play when it comes to retail. Unlike SC2 where they could offer the full multiplayer experience and not worry about that because it's a fully competitive game. If that makes sense. I mean I played the SC2 beta since the second week it was available and I've been playing retail since the day it became available and I'm still playing because it's a very competitive game. Where with Diablo I think if you played it for several months straight in the beta you wouldn't be as inclined to do it all over again as soon as it went retail. Or maybe you would, I don't know. Their panel at BlizzCon about the difficulty was fairly informative. It's on-par with D2 in terms of normal mode difficulty. I didn't really believe them when they said that, but then I went back through Act 1 of D2 on Normal and they were right, it's roughly the same. I agree that the beta content is a little on the short side, but what I'm really hoping for is that they'll open Act 1 on a higher difficulty setting later on in the beta. Not sure how likely that is, but since they said they might miss Q1 of 2012 we'll see.

Either way, fun game, really looking forward to it, pre-ordered the CE version after playing last night.

I wasn't a big fan of the interface based on what I'd seen in screenshots, but in use it's actually a really fluid experience. For anyone worrying about it not living up to D2 in terms of gloom and morbidity, don't worry, the screenshots don't do it justice. The dark atmosphere is intact and there are some fairly morbid bits already in act 1. No spoilers though!

The idiot saved the image comparisons at a really low jpg quality so they all look compressed and garbage. I'll do it proper... Gimmie a min.

Here's a higher resolution shot I put together. Major differences can be seen in the follower, but the real differences can be seen in motion... not gonna go through that though.

Images from top to bottom HIgh, Med, Low and Lowest.

http://meserveyphoto...i-DPG4FvX-O.png

Thank you

Was hoping to get an invite to the beta. If anyone has any spare invites (not sure how the invite system works with this in particular) please pass one on to me as I'd love to try it. Never played Diablo before and this looks interesting.

Was hoping to get an invite to the beta. If anyone has any spare invites (not sure how the invite system works with this in particular) please pass one on to me as I'd love to try it. Never played Diablo before and this looks interesting.

Unfortunately it's tied directly to your battle.net account. They just activate it on the backend.

Also, it seemed way too easy.

That's because it's the first third of the first act of the game, and we're mostly experienced players.

The first section of the first act of D2 is 'easy' too ... because it's supposed to be.

Unfortunately it's tied directly to your battle.net account. They just activate it on the backend.

Really? That is disappointing. :|

Beta Opt-In Instructions

In order to be eligible to participate in future beta tests, you must create a beta profile. A beta profile is a snapshot of your current system specifications. It includes information such as:

• How much RAM you have
  • Available hard drive space
  • Your graphics card and driver

We gather this information to ensure that we are able to test our games on a wide range and distribution of systems.

For more information on the Beta Opt-in, please see the Beta Opt-In FAQ.

Configuring Beta Profile Settings

• Go to Manage Games and click Beta Profile Settings
  • Create your Beta Profile by downloading the Beta Opt-in Application. Download the application based on what operating system you have.
  • After the application is download, launch the file. Before any system specs will be updated into your Beta Profile Settings, you must agree to the Blizzard Beta Test "Opt-in" Agreement.
    D3X3ISJ4CG9Y1323735198649.png
  • After selecting Agree, the Battle.net System Check will begin. Click the yellow Send button to associate your system specs with the Battle.net account. If at any point you experience difficulty in downloading or running the Battle.net System Check, see the System Check troubleshooting guide.
    533X0H8DQG3K1323735202270.png
  • Once the system check is completed and sent you will be taken to the Account Management page, where you will be able to view your system specs. You can also decide which beta tests you are interested in. All universes are chosen by default. To save any changes that are made, click the yellow Update Preferences button.
    66DH864UY6271323735202774.png

go to battle.net Games & Codes, Beta Profile Settings and send in your system specs for Windows or Mac with system check app and it should update on there website and choose what game you are interested in and I think thats how you opt in

Yeah it's normal, I have this instead because I signed up for the WoW annual pass. Can't wait till its released :D

930546946.PNG