SMELTN

Is there going to be an open beta for this?

btw holy cow this thread turned into a train wreck.

threetonesun

Is there going to be an open beta for this?

btw holy cow this thread turned into a train wreck.

If there is, I imagine it will be like SC2 where it's only out for a week or two just before release.

Elliott

Doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me either. I know I'm mostly going to play D3 as co-op.

Stup0t

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Bye bye social life :)

spacer

okey doky ser Spacer, you're right

Thanks for the vid ;)

No problem. I found the link to those vids on the Diablo 3 forums, and I thought people here might be interested. Force is one of the better narrators, way better than the tards at IGN or Gamespot. Certainly not as annoying. And he uploads all his videos in 1080p, which is nice.

Also, for anyone interested in the Demon Hunter class: Blizzard has stated that they are aware of the resource problems with the class, and they have already implemented a change to the skill list/order, and how Hatred is gained/spent. So just be aware that almost all beta videos on the Demon Hunter are already out of date.

]SK[

I hope there's a new version of the Arreat Summit website coming for D3.

Any word if Blizzard will ditch the automatic character deletion that deleted many of my hard worked hours in D2?

paxa

ok...the beta is out, and has anyone from europe got a invite?

Nagisan

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy

If I had to pick one gripe I've had while watching the videos, it's that the monk doesn't use his equiped weapons in any of his skills' animations. That is hugely disappointing since the monk was class I wanted to play as my first main. What's even more disappointing is that blue posts on the beta forums have clearly stated that Blizzard doesn't consider that a bug or that they have plans to enhance the animations. That 99% kills the class for me because it's a huge disruption to the suspension of disbelief. I really hope they see the negative feedback about it and do something to fix it.

Honestly I prefer the monk not using his weapons in his animations.....it makes it more believable to be a true monk-style class that doesn't use weapons, just his own fists. That being said, after watching the first half of the barbarian, demon hunter and monk videos, the monk is the only class so far that I've wanted to watch the 2nd half of. I really like the energy system, though I think it should slowly regenerate out of combat (its nice that it works like rage mechanics in a way, but it doesn't degenerate outside of combat, but being spirit, you would think the monk would gain it naturally, but maybe at a slow rate and only outside of combat). Though so far, I like how both the barb and monk have skills that generate their resource instead of like the hunter where they have to wait on regen. It gives them attack skills they can always use regardless of the circumstances, which allows you to keep going with combat.

I really like the monk so far though, speed, fast consistent damage, and healing capabilities, pretty much everything you need in a class. Will likely start with a wizard though so I have a solid farmer (assuming wizard will be a good farmer class, will have to watch that video later).

spacer

Honestly I prefer the monk not using his weapons in his animations.....it makes it more believable to be a true monk-style class that doesn't use weapons, just his own fists. That being said, after watching the first half of the barbarian, demon hunter and monk videos, the monk is the only class so far that I've wanted to watch the 2nd half of. I really like the energy system, though I think it should slowly regenerate out of combat (its nice that it works like rage mechanics in a way, but it doesn't degenerate outside of combat, but being spirit, you would think the monk would gain it naturally, but maybe at a slow rate and only outside of combat). Though so far, I like how both the barb and monk have skills that generate their resource instead of like the hunter where they have to wait on regen. It gives them attack skills they can always use regardless of the circumstances, which allows you to keep going with combat.

I really like the monk so far though, speed, fast consistent damage, and healing capabilities, pretty much everything you need in a class. Will likely start with a wizard though so I have a solid farmer (assuming wizard will be a good farmer class, will have to watch that video later).

A lot of people on the Diablo 3 forums said basically the same thing about the monk not needing weapons. However, my point was that I don't like how the monk goes from holding the weapon(s) in his hands to them being sheathed instantly whenever he does an attack, and then back again when the attack is finished. That is sloppy and looks terrible in my opinion. And that's what breaks the suspension of disbelief in my eyes.

I would prefer it if the weapons either stay sheathed all the time and are only held if you auto attack, or they stay in his hands like normal and his animations still punch but with the weapons still in his hand.

Also, I absolutely agree that the monk should always use his fists for his skill animations. I just think his weapons should teleport all the time.

Nagisan

A lot of people on the Diablo 3 forums said basically the same thing about the monk not needing weapons. However, my point was that I don't like how the monk goes from holding the weapon(s) in his hands to them being sheathed instantly whenever he does an attack, and then back again when the attack is finished. That is sloppy and looks terrible in my opinion. And that's what breaks the suspension of disbelief in my eyes.

I would prefer it if the weapons either stay sheathed all the time and are only held if you auto attack, or they stay in his hands like normal and his animations still punch but with the weapons still in his hand.

Also, I absolutely agree that the monk should always use his fists for his skill animations. I just think his weapons should teleport all the time.

Right, I understand that and it does look pretty awkward, its something they should and probably will fix eventually (if the community cries out about it enough), its not like they have to rework the animation to get it that way, they just have to set it so he never "draws" the weapon off of his character model.

spacer

Right, I understand that and it does look pretty awkward, its something they should and probably will fix eventually (if the community cries out about it enough), its not like they have to rework the animation to get it that way, they just have to set it so he never "draws" the weapon off of his character model.

Yeah, the only problem is that people have already submitted bug reports about it, but blue posts have replied that it's not considered a bug. They don't plan to change it soon, if at all. So that's really disappointing. I guess I'll have to stick with my D2 character of choice for D3, the barbarian. It's not a bad thing, it's just that I was really excited to play a monk, but I don't think I can stand the weapon glitch. :/

Nagisan

Yeah, the only problem is that people have already submitted bug reports about it, but blue posts have replied that it's not considered a bug. They don't plan to change it soon, if at all. So that's really disappointing. I guess I'll have to stick with my D2 character of choice for D3, the barbarian. It's not a bad thing, it's just that I was really excited to play a monk, but I don't think I can stand the weapon glitch. :/

Luckily for me I don't let things like animation issues stop me from doing something, I simply ignore them and move on :p.....chances are wizard will be one of my first classes though, but Monk is definitely one I at least really want to try out before barb. I really dislike fury-like systems for resources, and while the monk one works in a similar fashion, he doesn't lose his resource between fights.

+Mirumir

+Mirumir

I think what I liked most about Diablo 2 was the artwork. Matt Uelmen wrote the best music he ever wrote for that game, and it's a soundtrack I've been listening in and out of the game for years. It was introspective, experimental, unique and incredibly effective at creating distinct atmospheres, especially very creepy ones.

(Y)

YounGMessiah

I want to play the beta :(, I opt'ed for the beta via b.net and still waiting :p.

Tharp Daddy

I've never played Diablo, or anything in the Diablo genre besides a few minutes of the Torchlight demo. Is Diablo 2 still worth playing? I'd like to give the genre a go, but not if the game is too out of date.

YounGMessiah

Diablo II is always worth playing! I might actually reinstall Diablo II again :D

Yusuf M.

I want to play the beta :(, I opt'ed for the beta via b.net and still waiting :p.

Me too. It's coming out in early 2012 instead of the end of this year which is a good thing because that means more beta invites. :)

qdave

Diablo II is always worth playing! I might actually reinstall Diablo II again :D

Did i miss a lot by not playing any of the diablo games?

+Mirumir

short answer: yes! :woot:

imho, the genre has evolved into mmorpg, so if you've played wow, diablo will seem like a lot more action-packed, but lighter version of the game. There's less emphasis on social aspect (guilds), reputation grinding, professions, and the whole mmorpg infrastructure is sort of missing.

But, Diablo is special for its dark themes and the atmosphere, contrary to wow's cartoonish, appeal-to-all gameplay.

The attention to detail is a bit different too. Diablo is more immersive, linear, and suspenseful.

I prefer WoW though, coz I'm not fond of spamming 2-3 keys at the most 90% of the time. It's wow pre level 20 in this regard.

YounGMessiah

Yes & No, I'm pretty sure you can get by playing Diablo III without playing the others.

+Mirumir

Yes & No, I'm pretty sure you can get by playing Diablo III without playing the others.

+1

With SC2, Blizzard has proved that they can keep the original touch and feel of the game. Diablo III is the same. But, on the other hand, I'd strongly suggest playing the the prequels :)