Possible tank, heals, dos roles when grouped with friends?

Not particularly this - all classes are DPS classes, in different ways. They will complement each other, but not really as tank/healer/dps roles.

The rest is I suppose reasonably accurate. The other big thing is a much faster pace. :)

D3 now has a rating in South Korea, btw: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/33503-diablo-3-passes-south-koreas-grb-many-more-beta-invites-book-of-cain-wizards-hydra-screenshots/

Ok so correct me if I am wrong, I want to understand the game in terms of what I can relate it to. Basically a big (wow) dungeon you can solo, have a follower, or party via battle.net and fight as a group through the game. Picking up gear and upgrades that you equip to your character? Possible tank, heals, dos roles when grouped with friends? I ask because if it were like a constantly upgradeable and scaleable dungeon with story that my friends will constantly be upgrading, farming, crafting.. I'm down.

the major difference to me is a darker, much more suspenseful and immersive environment as opposed to WoW's cartoonish graphics :) And Diablo is more specialized, it's not as big and as broad compared to WoW.

Ok so correct me if I am wrong, I want to understand the game in terms of what I can relate it to. Basically a big (wow) dungeon you can solo, have a follower, or party via battle.net and fight as a group through the game. Picking up gear and upgrades that you equip to your character? Possible tank, heals, dos roles when grouped with friends? I ask because if it were like a constantly upgradeable and scaleable dungeon with story that my friends will constantly be upgrading, farming, crafting.. I'm down.

I never really played Diablo II. But Diablo 1 (which I did play almost to the end) is basically 1 dungeon, but you go down level after level. The deeper down, the harder it is. If it is like that then yea, it really is a scaling dungeon that gear constantly drops, and you farm until you get geared enough to go on.

I don't believe there is "Heals or Tanks" but there is like Warriors and stuff that take hits, but deal heavy hits a bit slower, Rogues/Mages that can't take a real hit but they deal damage a bit quicker, then you have other classes that cast curses and provide support I guess, doing damage but can help keep people alive. In the end.. the most used items will be health potions and mana pots.

I never really played Diablo II. But Diablo 1 (which I did play almost to the end) is basically 1 dungeon, but you go down level after level. The deeper down, the harder it is. If it is like that then yea, it really is a scaling dungeon that gear constantly drops, and you farm until you get geared enough to go on.

I don't believe there is "Heals or Tanks" but there is like Warriors and stuff that take hits, but deal heavy hits a bit slower, Rogues/Mages that can't take a real hit but they deal damage a bit quicker, then you have other classes that cast curses and provide support I guess, doing damage but can help keep people alive. In the end.. the most used items will be health potions and mana pots.

The roles can be sort of typical. Melee classes can take more damage for obvious reasons. I think though that the classes dont necessarily mean everything in terms of role, because gearing will have a huge influence.

Some Examples:

There are sorceress builds in DII where she melee's using enchantment(makes her weapon do fire damage), or an take alot of hits through her mana shield. There is gear that reduces physical damage taken by a percentage, i believe on called Shaftstop used to prevent up to like 35%!

Assassin, cant take many hits, but has high dodge, high damage, stuns, etc

Amazon, ranged, but can dodge like crazy!

Feral Druid, in wolf form can get beaten down pretty hard, but lifesteals like and hits fast and hard to keep up.

Paladin - Changed auras to deal with certain threats. High damage as well.

The biggest thing was gear though, most characters wore damage reduction items to be able to take heavy hits in pvp and so on.

I believe only the paladin had heals, no one ever got them. Tank wise, even the barbarian and paladin needed lifesteal to keep their health up or theyd be chugging mad potions. Every class is capable of soloing most of the Normal/Nightmare difficulties, and thus there was no need to say "You tank this or Ive got heals". Casters/ranged just knew to kite/avoid damage, melee knew to go in and attack and have lifesteal/potions/whatever they did ready to go.

^ Yea that's what I thought, I didn't think it was Warrior, Mage, Preist ideology. In the end every class has to be able to do enough damage to be able to solo.

I have the game Preorder from Amazon, Hopefully Diablo III comes out February 1st since Best Buy is doing a midnight launch for the game

It will not be released on February 1st.

Diablo III does not have a release date. Any store or person claiming otherwise is guessing.

Source

Further pushed back; "System Changes" blog post by: Jay Wilson, D3 Game Director

Main points (imo):

• Mystic Artisan Removed
  • Scrolls of Identification Removed (just right click it now)
  • Town Portal button Added
  • Nephalem Cube and Cauldron of Jordan Removed (see Blacksmith - cannot break down "white" items)
  • Defense, Attack and Precision attributes Removed

New attribute changes:

STRENGTH

+Armor

+Barbarian Damage

DEXTERITY

+Demon Hunter Damage

+Monk Damage

+Dodge

INTELLECT

+Wizard Damage

+Witch Doctor Damage

+Health from globes

VITALITY

+Health

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got into the beta last night. I'm really, really excited to start playing/testing. However, it's taking forever to download the client. I think a lot of people got invites last night. And this happened less than a week after I got into the Dota 2 beta as well.

Needless to say, my brain almost exploded into a massive splatter of chunks and awesome-sauce.

I'll write about my impressions after I get to play some. But it probably won't be until much later at the rate this client download is going.

Well, I got into the beta last night. I'm really, really excited to start playing/testing. However, it's taking forever to download the client. I think a lot of people got invites last night. And this happened less than a week after I got into the Dota 2 beta as well.

Needless to say, my brain almost exploded into a massive splatter of chunks and awesome-sauce.

I'll write about my impressions after I get to play some. But it probably won't be until much later at the rate this client download is going.

I got into the beta as well. Yes! :D

I got into the beta as well. Yes! :D

Awesome! I hope we like it. :woot:

If you're getting a really, really slow download rate for the client (and you're on Windows), Go to Options > Connections > LAN Settings in IE and turn off the "automatically detect settings" check box. I have no idea why, but unchecking this box fixed my download rate problems. (Almost done now! yay)

If you're getting a really, really slow download rate for the client (and you're on Windows), Go to Options > Connections > LAN Settings in IE and turn off the "automatically detect settings" check box. I have no idea why, but unchecking this box fixed my download rate problems. (Almost done now! yay)

When I downloaded the client (months ago)it only took an hour or so.

When I downloaded the client (months ago)it only took an hour or so.

Yeah, it should have taken about that long for my connection to get the 3.5gb client. However, when I started the download earlier this morning, I was only getting a download rate of 70-200 kb/s...which is unacceptable. So, I searched the Diablo 3 tech support forums, and some people had the same issue. One fix that was suggested (that worked for me) was to turn off the flag that I described above.

I'm not sure why the Blizzard downloader was crawling like it was, because I can download things from plenty of other sites rather quickly. But at least it's working better now. (Still not very fast, but much faster than it was before)

I've played all the classes to the end of beta now (during various patches). Much fun :)

Couldn't really say which I prefer, though the bang-boom-pow of a Barbarian is hard to beat. The witch doctor feels a bit too 'disconnected' for me, but that is solely my opinion from going up to level 10.

Me too! :)

I already have it disabled. The download is still incredibly slow. The fastest it went was 13 KB/s and the slowest I've seen so far is 200 bytes/s. My guess is that a lot of people are currently downloading the beta. Judging by the number of posts I've seen on the Diablo 3 beta forums, it seems like Blizzard invited a lot of people recently.

For those that haven't received an email, don't worry about it. There's still a chance that you have been accepted into the beta program. I didn't receive one but I checked my Battle.net account anyway.

Me too! :)

I already have it disabled. The download is still incredibly slow. The fastest it went was 13 KB/s and the slowest I've seen so far is 200 bytes/s. My guess is that a lot of people are currently downloading the beta. Judging by the number of posts I've seen on the Diablo 3 beta forums, it seems like Blizzard invited a lot of people recently.

For those that haven't received an email, don't worry about it. There's still a chance that you have been accepted into the beta program. I didn't receive one but I checked my Battle.net account anyway.

Oh that sucks. Sorry, I just mentioned a fix that worked for me. Don't forget to check your firewall/anit-virus and make sure Diablo 3 stuff are allowed. I hope it goes better.

Oh that sucks. Sorry, I just mentioned a fix that worked for me. Don't forget to check your firewall/anit-virus and make sure Diablo 3 stuff are allowed. I hope it goes better.

No problem. Your suggestion inspired me to look up the same fix on the Diablo 3 beta forums. By doing that, I came across a post that suggested checking the box if it's unchecked which I just did. It seems to have improved the speeds considerably. After I restarted the downloader, I was getting speeds ranging from 800 KB/s to 1.2 MB/s. Right now, it seems to be sitting at 25-100 KB/s which is still better than what I was getting before. I also double-checked my anti-virus, firewall, and router settings and everything is correct.

Need the full game NOW. Been in the beta since day 1 and I just cant play through it again, especially after the wipes after every patch.

Well I've played for about an hour now with a Barbarian. It's really good so far. Feels like Diablo of old, which is a good thing. I have tested the UI and basics as best I can at this early stage. I've found no issues. In fact, in playing so far I haven't encountered any noticeable bugs. The game feels really good at the moment.

The only issue I've seen so far is a noticeable delay between clicking on something (like an item on the ground, or an enemy) and the action being performed. I don't know if this is a hardware issue on my computer or a lag issue with the server. I'll have to do some more testing with graphics settings to see if it's a hardware issue. I'm hoping it's not a lag issue, because this game is always going to be online. And I can see this delay being really annoying after a lot of play time.

I'll have more impressions later. Right now though, I'm going to get back to playing!

The only issue I've seen so far is a noticeable delay between clicking on something (like an item on the ground, or an enemy) and the action being performed. I don't know if this is a hardware issue on my computer or a lag issue with the server. I'll have to do some more testing with graphics settings to see if it's a hardware issue. I'm hoping it's not a lag issue, because this game is always going to be online. And I can see this delay being really annoying after a lot of play time.

I've not noticed it normally myself, but I've had lag spikes where it became visible - so yeah, could be that. I would be surprised if that also appears when they're fully set up.