Not sure how I feel about this patch. On one hand, I got a pretty decent level 61 weapon up in Act IV Hell last night and without much dying. On the other hand it is a real let down that the mobs that are suppose to be "bosses" drop nothing but trash. It just...doesn't feel right. Why are they so paranoid about people "farming" bosses, exactly? They already set limits to how many games you can create within a certain time frame, shouldn't that be sufficient?

I don't understand why Blizzard thinks there is something wrong with how players enjoy playing their game. There is some fun in farming a particular mob for something, and they want to suppress that for some reason.

dont like the repair cost at level 60, i died once and it costed me 21k. really blew my mind lol. and i notice my damage is slighty less than it was before the update.

Blizzard right now is in the business of " Punish all for the mistakes actions of a few ". I just can't keep playing this game at the moment with how it is. Too high of repair cost, still stuck in Act 2 unless I spend a full week farming act 1 for enough gold to buy a better peice of gear than what I currently have.... Just nothing is fun about this anymore.

Edit - Had to change the wording. The only people making mistakes are those in the Blizzard dev team.

:rolleyes: Inferno is supposed to be hard, and require running lower levels to get gear for higher levels. That's the intended design. And they have an economy to stabilize - yes, maybe it's unfortunate that it affects people such as those who weren't doing gear swaps for chests - but in the end a stable economy is better for the game.

Screaming doom and gloom at the game isn't going to help, especially since it's still fairly early days. More patches are coming.

:rolleyes: Inferno is supposed to be hard, and require running lower levels to get gear for higher levels. That's the intended design. And they have an economy to stabilize - yes, maybe it's unfortunate that it affects people such as those who weren't doing gear swaps for chests - but in the end a stable economy is better for the game.

Screaming doom and gloom at the game isn't going to help, especially since it's still fairly early days. More patches are coming.

I agree with you in that Inferno is supposed to be hard and not just a given that every player who throws enough time into it will eventually beat it. However, I worry that a lot of the game design decisions are being motivated by pushing the players towards the AH in order to progress instead of just making the game fun to play. The fact that bosses don't drop anything anymore really bothers me. They are bosses, they should at least drop something for me to look at. Part of the joy of killing a big mob or a boss and seeing what they drop and blizzard has made that happen less often now.

Inferno is hard, awesome and good. Guess what we hate though... Repairs that are costing more than what I can make in a run. I'm not a hardcore kiddy gamer anymore. I am an adult, with a very busy life. I get to play maybe an hour a day if I'm lucky, and maybe 3 to 4 on a lucky day if I can get my girlfriend distracted enough :p I'm not finding anything usefull after weeks of grinding act 1. I'm getting repair bills that even when I don't die, are in the 15k + range. If all I can hope for is a measly 20k profit per 1 to 2 hour runs... that is not fun, that is not for me.

Screw "stable economy". We don't need a stable economy. If things were done right, you wouldn't "need" an auction house or economy to begin with. What we "need" is for loot to drop that is actually useful, and more than once in a blue moon. We need vases, coffins, bodies, and such to actually drop loot. We don't need Blizzard to nerf everything into the ground, because a few bots and people are actually making gold from it.

We need people to think, we need people to complain. These are the only ways things will change for the better. Telling people to suck it up and shut up, is not helpful and is pretty hypocritic. Don't need people complaining about the complaints, unless the complaints are totally invalid , which none of them are at the point. When people start complaining about , " Diablo shouldn't have ######", then I will let you tell them to shut up :p But when people are complaining about a ruined game and the mechanics used to ruin it.. It is in everyone's interest to let these complaints be heard.

yesterday I had around 77k. I was able to play for about 2 hours. 1 hour I spent running through a Act 1 Butcher run in Inferno to get gold to offset what I did my second hour, which was try and break some more ground in Act 2 part 8... Still no luck in that, and I'm now at 16k of gold after a few repairs and deaths. I can't try new builds, because it cost too much if I die. I can't progress further, because breaking a barrel nets me a loss of 200 gold, because it cost that much to repair after I hit 1 destructable.

I've been farming act 1 for about 2 and a half weeks now. I have 54k Health, 12k DPS, 6k armor, 580 all resist, and about 300 LoH and 600 Life Per Sec regen. I still can not beat act 2 as a monk, because most of the afflixed monsters I run into in the sewers, leave me no way to beat them or bypass them. This game is the perfect definition right now of, Not Fun.

Seriously. What is the point of all those breakable objectives now that blizzard has nerfed drops for them? Why even having them in the game now?

To make you go, " Oh a vase! Oh wait, I remember what they did here :( " They only increase my repair bill by 200 gold per destructible I hit. It's actually cheaper for me to kill a white minion than to kill a barrel... and that minion will probably drop 5 more gold :p

Anyone know the best place to pick this up currently in the UK? Amazon seems cheapest but won't have stock till next week...

Cheers :)

To make you go, " Oh a vase! Oh wait, I remember what they did here :( " They only increase my repair bill by 200 gold per destructible I hit. It's actually cheaper for me to kill a white minion than to kill a barrel... and that minion will probably drop 5 more gold :p

I totally forgot they damage your armor too. :rofl: :(

On the repair costs, they've said they're going to look at durability loss from general fighting. Generally, it's dying that's supposed to cost, not fighting.

http://www.diablofan...-of-blue-posts/

That said, we think the normal wear and tear is maybe too high. Just fighting is probably too expensive, and we're looking at potential adjustments there.

On why breakables exist - because breaking stuff is fun, and it makes the game feel more interactive? I mean, pretty much every game that implements breakable stuff doesn't have to justify it with 'it gives you stuff'. They still give you gold.

On the repair costs, they've said they're going to look at durability loss from general fighting. Generally, it's dying that's supposed to cost, not fighting.

http://www.diablofan...-of-blue-posts/

On why breakables exist - because breaking stuff is fun, and it makes the game feel more interactive? I mean, pretty much every game that implements breakable stuff doesn't have to justify it with 'it gives you stuff'. They still give you gold.

No? Basically every change they've made is ill-thought out and stupid. No need to defend blizzard, they don't really care if you do or not. Like Shakey said, it's actually in everyone's best interest to let the complainers be heard at this point because everything blizzard does to make the game "better" actually makes it worse and less fun.

I've decided to put the game away for a bit and not progress any further. I feel D3 will be a very good game eventually but Blizzard really needs to open their minds a bit. Will be interesting to see what happens with SC2 and if they try some similar tactics because that is definitely a battle they cannot win.

So even if you have the game, if you start a new character and do public games you can be put into a game with starter editions (but they had purchased the game), which means after killing SK you don't get a quest to continue progressing. :(

So I've been pretty vocal on these forums about my disdain for Diablo III, at least, I think I have. My best friend recently got it as a gift and gave me a guest pass. Here's my rundown from the very first character, very first time I played. I got to level 5 with my barbarian, quite happy, I finally got a magic item and progressed the quests where I thought it was saved. Then I dc'd (My internet was fine btw) when I logged back in my progression was reset, and my, first ever, magic item was gone. Terrible terrible terrible. I will not pay any money for this game at this point. Remove the oppressive DRM and we'll talk.

Btw, I suggest following http://www.diablofans.com/ for up to date news.

Then I dc'd (My internet was fine btw) when I logged back in my progression was reset, and my, first ever, magic item was gone. Terrible terrible terrible. I will not pay any money for this game at this point. Remove the oppressive DRM and we'll talk.

That's ... not possible? Everything is stored server side, and it actively records quest progression, etc.

Are you absolutely sure? I've not seen anyone else mention any such loss of progression or gear that way - I suggest taking it up with Blizzard. That is absolutely 100% not ever supposed to happen, or even be a possibility.

I mean that seriously. If there are server rollbacks happening, that is a major issue for Diablo. Given that, the fact I've never seen anyone mention it makes me ... doubtful, to say the least.

No? Basically every change they've made is ill-thought out and stupid. No need to defend blizzard, they don't really care if you do or not. Like Shakey said, it's actually in everyone's best interest to let the complainers be heard at this point because everything blizzard does to make the game "better" actually makes it worse and less fun.

No to what? There wasn't something in what I said to say 'no' to?

Complain, but complain constructively. Besides, no, I'm quite happy defending Blizzard's choices if I agree with them. You can't make me disagree with them (and make me stop enjoying Diablo) just because you do. They frequently detail their rationale in forum and blog posts, and frankly, I've rarely seen anything to disagree with. Remember, they have the long term future of the game to consider, not every individual person's immediate enjoyment levels. Super powerful classes (e.g. DH pre-fix) might be fun for those playing them, but the long term results are bad.

That's ... not possible? Everything is stored server side, and it actively records quest progression, etc.

Are you absolutely sure? I've not seen anyone else mention any such loss of progression or gear that way - I suggest taking it up with Blizzard. That is absolutely 100% not ever supposed to happen, or even be a possibility.

I mean that seriously. If there are server rollbacks happening, that is a major issue for Diablo. Given that, the fact I've never seen anyone mention it makes me ... doubtful, to say the least.

Complain, but complain constructively. Besides, no, I'm quite happy defending Blizzard's choices if I agree with them. You can't make me disagree with them (and make me stop enjoying Diablo) just because you do. They frequently detail their rationale in forum and blog posts, and frankly, I've rarely seen anything to disagree with. Remember, they have the long term future of the game to consider, not every individual person's immediate enjoyment levels. Super powerful classes (e.g. DH pre-fix) might be fun for those playing them, but the long term results are bad.

I think this is a great point and this kind of perspective is being lost on pretty much everything in today's world. People speak as if its the gospel, that no other position on an issue should be had. I posted that in the WoW thread - I am absolutely enjoying WoW in 2012 much more so than in December 2004. But, my experience is the minority, a lot of people hate the changes.

The trouble with that is that the game is not an mmo and it doesn't have the staying power of one no matter how you look at it. Six months from now if blizzard has not released an expansion barely anyone will be playing the game but the very devout D3 fans.

What is the "long term future" for D3 when it doesn't take more than a week to get into inferno? Achievements? Or do you think blizzard intends for people to play months on end farming stuff to sell to other people who will only be playing to sell stuff to people?

In the mean time blizzard seems to be making changes to the game that just alienates their original fan base.

The trouble with that is that the game is not an mmo and it doesn't have the staying power of one no matter how you look at it. Six months from now if blizzard has not released an expansion barely anyone will be playing the game but the very devout D3 fans.

What is the "long term future" for D3 when it doesn't take more than a week to get into inferno? Achievements? Or do you think blizzard intends for people to play months on end farming stuff to sell to other people who will only be playing to sell stuff to people?

In the mean time blizzard seems to be making changes to the game that just alienates their original fan base.

100% wrong. People are (were) still playing D2 12 years later. And not a few. A LOT.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but the change to breakables has really ticked me off. Diablo is supposed to be about finding looting anywhere at anytime. Which means any pot, body, chest, barrel, or monster is supposed to have a chance for loot. That is what makes the game fun. You never know when or where you'll find that next great item. I believe they even said something similar to this in the developer diaries for Diablo 3 prior to release. And now they're going completely against it.

Every change they're making at this point is solely for the RMAH, and I've had enough. I tried the game again after 1.03 and it's just not what it should be. I'll continue to look at patch notes for changes that actually bring it back to Diablo standards, but right now I am completely done with the game.

Thank God for this forum topic because it has sealed my thoughts on this game..I am going to pass on spending $60.00 and use that money for something else.

Meh, don't let people detour you because they are bitching and moaning about inferno difficulty (myself included). You'll get at the very least nearly 20 hours out of the game before the finer details of the end game content start to bother you. I've really enjoyed the game and don't regret spending money on it, I've had over 100 hours of enjoyable play time.

Inferno difficulty just may not be something i ever beat unless Blizzard nerfs it. And if they do I'm not sure I will have any satisfaction in beating it at that point. But leveling up each of the classes I'm still having a blast with, and I still want to do at least a couple of hardcore characters to see how far I will get.

I'll probably be playing this until the Skyrim DLC comes out. Maybe Torchlight 2.

As far as getting my money's worth, I'm content.

100% wrong. People are (were) still playing D2 12 years later. And not a few. A LOT.

Maybe you didn't notice but D3 is a completely different game than D2. If it has the same staying power that D2 had (has) is yet to be determined.