They are used in the process to unlock the secret area that I am not even gonna be bothered to try to spell right now.

Can you provide the level/act ? I'm on Hell/1 but haven't run across it as of yet.

Can you provide the level/act ? I'm on Hell/1 but haven't run across it as of yet.

I haven't the slightest clue. Try googling Diablo 3 secret area. I haven't unlocked it yet myself.

I got my barbarian to inferno yesterday and as I suspect I got wrecked by the first elite I found. :rofl:

Now this isn't surprising to me at all because I don't have all that great gear (for level 60). With the gear I've bought of the GAH since I got to 60 I destroy Hell mode, though. Just to test it I killed the Buctcher in about 10 seconds. So I'm just curious what I need to get him to stat wise.

I currently have:

25k dps

40k vit

220~ resists

41% crit

200% crit damage

Any recommendations on passives/builds and what my stat targets should be to make it through act 1 without having to avoid every elite/champ I see? I know a huge one is to get more gear with "all resist" on it but right now all the stuff that I could buy as far as that goes that would be an upgrade is in the millions of gold range.

http://us.battle.net...XVPk!beV!a.acZc - You can set secondary to be w/e you like, but that's my current build in Inferno atm. This is sword/board build. If you are rocking shield, get a 20% + block rate with the highest amount of block amount you can.

You're dps is fine, vit fine, resists should be fine (with war cry), though another 100 wouldn't hurt. Crit/crit damage is fine. Judging by your crit/crit damage, I'm assuming you are 2h or DW? If 2h, I can't say much since I haven't even equip'd a 2h yet. But for DW, google tornado whirlwind build and use that, and just get more LoH.

If I use that build I lose about 8k dps and about half my crit stats. :wacko:

And yes I should have mentioned I am duel wielding mace/sword.

Also what's better to have, life on hit, or steal %% of life on damage? It seems like life steal would be better.

If I use that build I lose about 8k dps and about half my crit stats. :wacko:

And yes I should have mentioned I am duel wielding mace/sword.

Also what's better to have, life on hit, or steal %% of life on damage? It seems like life steal would be better.

Life steal is horrible in inferno. it has an 80% reduction (though in later stages of gear it becomes better, but that's like near perfect rolls). LoH is the way to go.

http://www.diablofan...wind-barbarian/ - Here's the tornado whirlwind build. Pretty effective, and doesn't need insane stats of gear. You could probally pull it off in your current gear set-up, once you get some LoH.

Try to get each weapon with like 600~ LoH and an amulet with 200~ and you'll be good. A slower dps weapon (650 vs 900) is worth the DPS loss if the lower weapon contains LoH. LoH is essential in inferno.

Thanks for that. I swapped out Threatening Shout for War cry + impunity and that increased my survivability quite a bit. Made it all the way to Skeleton King without dieing clearing every champ/elite pack along the way. I don't think that's much of a feat though considering I've heard act 2 is much harder. :rofl:

I'll try that whirlwind build out, too. Thanks again.

seems to be most people's reaction to inferno mode in D3

I'm not surprised. Inferno was poorly designed, barely tested, and literally impossible for untwinked melee characters.

I think it was fairly obvious that the "item hunt" would never have been a good end game before the game was even released. At least to me, playing just to get items can only keep people interested for so long. I'm still having fun with it though despite all the nonsense with the RMAH and whatever else. Of course I just started playing inferno difficulty today so my view on that may change quickly. :rofl:

I think that D3, if they could manage it would be a good game for episodic releases every 3-6 months. A new chapter every so often should be do able and would keep people interested as long as it was reasonable priced.

I think it was fairly obvious that the "item hunt" would never have been a good end game before the game was even released. At least to me, playing just to get items can only keep people interested for so long. I'm still having fun with it though despite all the nonsense with the RMAH and whatever else. Of course I just started playing inferno difficulty today so my view on that may change quickly. :rofl:

I think that D3, if they could manage it would be a good game for episodic releases every 3-6 months. A new chapter every so often should be do able and would keep people interested as long as it was reasonable priced.

I'd say that it's not worth the drops. 90% are crap drops.. even if you defeat a boss or whatever. There's nothing that keeps the player wanting to play. You die trying to get gear and you end up spending more gold repairing than actually getting improved gear from the GMAH.

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJtDUZMSOBw&feature=g-u-u

lol, that youtube video is hilarious, He have big time issues. and he is over weight.

I will tell you where he belongs but I am afraid I will get in trouble if I say.

lol, that youtube video is hilarious, He have big time issues. and he is over weight.

I will tell you where he belongs but I am afraid I will get in trouble if I say.

opps double post, sorry.

Yeah he is fat and he knows it and you're kind of an ass for having to point it out. Also that's just a character he plays. Watch his other videos to find out what he's really like.

And yeah.. as I suspected. Act 2 really kicks my ass. Those bird things that kite like crazy and spit out those explosive are irritating. They move so much faster in inferno so if you get hit by 1 you're probably getting hit by all of them.

• Like 2

I dislike watching videos of that guy having a strop.. given his size, he's a heart attack waiting to happen.

I dislike watching videos of that guy having a strop.. given his size, he's a heart attack waiting to happen.

It's fake.. Francis is a character Boogie (the guy in the video) designed to troll people who take videos games to seriously.

Here's a different character he plays:

Despite him being obese (he knows) he's really funny.

Wow, this game lasted longer than I thought, despite no end-game content and the obnoxiously difficult Inferno mode. That said, my friends have all quit and I haven't logged in for a week. Hope they figure something out soon!

Wow, this game lasted longer than I thought, despite no end-game content and the obnoxiously difficult Inferno mode. That said, my friends have all quit and I haven't logged in for a week. Hope they figure something out soon!

Inferno *is* end game content. Inferno *is* intended to be very very difficult, and they said that repeatedly for years.

Anyway, when PvP arrives, I am sure that will help.

I'm stuck on Act 2 inferno, I don't have multi millions of gold to upgrade gear to complete neither do I have the time to farm 10+ hours a day to get the gold. Kind of gets boring after a while when you are one shotted the moment you rez :/. I really love this game but may have to ditch it.

Yeah he is fat and he knows it and you're kind of an ass for having to point it out. Also that's just a character he plays. Watch his other videos to find out what he's really like.

And yeah.. as I suspected. Act 2 really kicks my ass. Those bird things that kite like crazy and spit out those explosive are irritating. They move so much faster in inferno so if you get hit by 1 you're probably getting hit by all of them.

The only thing that changes speed is the fast modifier, but it doesn't change projectile speeds. The mosquitoes projectiles move the same speed no matter what difficulty you are in.

Just start hardcore myself. Made about $10 in the RMAH in softcore, I have a 60 barb, wizard and monk. Wizard was fun but it got boring when you don't have gear to do insane damage. Monk has my favorite playstyle but it just isn't as efficient as barb is 99% of the time....and it cost me twice as much to gear him to similar values a my barb. Barb is pure farmer, I can fill my inventory with rares in about 30 minutes of farming, getting on average 2-3 items I can sell unidentified for anywhere from 200k to 700k each. Double tornado (whirlwind + sprint tornadoes) just does insane damage and procs Life on Hit so much that you almost can't die, plus you can sprint past all the non-special groups.

But that being said, I'm tired of saving up 1m+ for one single upgrade, I haven't progressed past the first quest in act 3 inferno and I'm bored with farming for items.....so I decided the only thing left is achievement whoring, and hardcore attempts.

I'm stuck on Act 2 inferno, I don't have multi millions of gold to upgrade gear to complete neither do I have the time to farm 10+ hours a day to get the gold. Kind of gets boring after a while when you are one shotted the moment you rez :/. I really love this game but may have to ditch it.

Im in the same spot, Act 2 on my Barb - I've tried following alot of what Krip does and yes sometimes I last a little longer but its still too much for my patience to take. Logged off last night due to being killed so much and I wont log on for a bit

Diablo 3 ended for me when i beat it on hell and then hit 60 on my barb, haven't really touched it since. I now await the release of Mists of Pandaria which will hopefully only be a few months away.